Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 7th, 2011: Unplanned But Exciting Event!

Last, year too. And next November?
    Last edited by Ekarona; Jan 7th, 2011 at 16:58:08.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Doc and Trader ... wow ... this going to be loud
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Excellent read, thank you once again everyone at FC!

Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

OH YEAH! sucks that I missed the event though :/
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

First. Definitely looking forward to trader and docdocs.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Err Second Page
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Trader document, huh? Lookin' forward to it.

*arms the missiles*
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I have also discovered that I am now officially too old to stay up all night anymore...this happened some time while I was working on AO... has it really been such a long time?
    I too discovered this lately and it made me very sad I stay up around 2 to 3 now but getting up at 8am is a pita, and staying up PAST 8am is just not possible.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    WTH? No, it's totally unacceptable. Please be more cautious with ur CR.
    Not really possible sorry, for FC's size I'd say it's a completely acceptable thing.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Trader document, huh? Lookin' forward to it.

*arms the missiles*
    Being a trader professionnal, you d better arm your shields and armor
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I have also discovered that I am now officially too old to stay up all night anymore...this happened some time while I was working on AO... has it really been such a long time?
    Unacceptable.

You have until Labor Day Weekend 2011 to remedy this situation.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

So, your staff lose control of their empowered character ALL THE TIME? How reassuring for all of us. That also means, any so called freak occurence or strange happening is not that but some kiddo having fun with accounts that should be handled with more care.

Maybe there are seminars for the prevention of account theft, data & identity security in canada - sounds like your staff could use such training.
    ಠ_ಠ

nooo, they're moving wiff my Bday >< that's not a nice gift...

Curious about the doc docs....

and sad to hear the sht from a few days ago is something you encounter (not that scale) often :S.
    track them down, give the adress on the forum and we'll handle the rest ... corpse, what corpse?...
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Even though I'm highly disappointed by the current MP state and you guys refused to gift me with 30 free days for the very same MP, it wasn't me. I swear.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Being a trader professionnal, you d better arm your shields and armor
    You gotta have the missiles too in case they level lock drains. HINT HINT HINT DON'T DO
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

/me selects Means
    /pet attack

<3
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Exclamation Time for an update?

Famine mentioned the incident was a server error.
    So was it a server hack(giving a regular toon GM powers), or someone getting access to an existing GM account?
    If it is the later(as implied in this FWM*), wouldn't they then have access(username and password) to our account billing information?

If you do not have our details in cleatext, but hashed, then please say so, to make us feel more secure.

Mentioning that, being from 2001 I guess you are using DES for hashing?
    Maybe this is an occasion to upgrade?
    Even if you are using MD5 or SHA-1 it is time to update, PLEASE.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

* I read "someone got hold of an account with GM powers" from Means as someone guessing the username/password of a GM toon and using it.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Famine mentioned the incident was a server error.
    So was it a server hack(giving a regular toon GM powers), or someone getting access to an existing GM account?
    If it is the later(as implied in this FWM*), wouldn't they then have access(username and password) to our account billing information?

If you do not have our details in cleatext, but hashed, then please say so, to make us feel more secure.

Mentioning that, being from 2001 I guess you are using DES for hashing?
    Maybe this is an occasion to upgrade?
    Even if you are using MD5 or SHA-1 it is time to update, PLEASE.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

* I read "someone got hold of an account with GM powers" from Means as someone guessing the username/password of a GM toon and using it.
    Again, no one got ahold of the account information for you guys - Everything there is safe. Naturally we won't be discussing the entire details of precisely what occurred in the interest of both corporate and product safety, but I assure you - It's nothing you guys have to worry about in terms of your account security. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Doctor and Trader docs...oh god the crying...I'm interested in how OP my level 1 will still be though

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast