Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 7th, 2011: Unplanned But Exciting Event!

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    To be fair, the eng and sold doc was much quieter than I expected it to be.
    Well, seeing as how healing is one of the big things being affected, and docs are the primary healers... personally, I predict that it will rival the enforcer rage.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Well, seeing as how healing is one of the big things being affected, and docs are the primary healers... personally, I predict that it will rival the enforcer rage.
    I'm just gonna go ahead and beat the rush on this: Game over. I quit.

Adventurer nano sheet.

Nuff said.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Wait 'till you see NT changes... I just so ???e that once the NT changes are implemented people will beg for doubles to be brought back and NTs restored to their LE state.

Will make for a fun document
    I thought the general ideas and goals outlined for NTs looked pretty cool. Should be much more interesting to play.

And anyway, why are NTs always reduced to Doubles, or even PvP in general? From my sample of friends and org, there are more PvMers and occasional PvPers than hardcore ones, yet the forum discussion is all about PvP balance. I want my toons FUN and to have a role to play in teams first, THEN PvP balanced, if possible.

Does this explain why all my equipment tabs were unlocked? I wasn't even online during the event.

Now I have stupid missletoe instead of my helmet equiped. Hours of twinking down the tube.

Preparations for our move to Canada continue and it looks like the flights will actually be the week of January 24th.
    Is Means my new neighbor? Where are you Means? We can have LAN parties and do quests together. Also I can help you twink some of your chars if you sell my pearls ^^

Also, sorry for your loss Protozo fc will always screw up somehow

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    From my sample of friends and org, there are more PvMers and occasional PvPers than hardcore ones, yet the forum discussion is all about PvP balance.
    And there's your answer. As ever, what goes on in forums has little or no connection with what happens in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    And there's your answer. As ever, what goes on in forums has little or no connection with what happens in-game.
    qft
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I have no clue
    Nevermind. Too easy.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Doc and trader docs and the same time? Gee.. The forums will explode.

I'm really curious how they will turn out.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Pfff, wait until you see the MP doc.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by akademiker View Post
    Why is it even possible for everyone to login a GM account? Shouldn't it be only allowed from the Funcom offices or where GMs work?
    Dude, he didn't say GM account... he said an account with GM powers. That could be a high-up ARK or something.

The fact that all the appropriate commands were known on how to spawn stuff and issue all sorts of messages, this reeks of an inside job.

/sneakymode OFF
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    [...] this reeks of an inside job.
    that made me actually check our local laws. tampering with data systems one has legal access to is not covered by any law. other laws apply only if one gains personal profit. and then theres a really funny habbit here: if an action is legal or illegal is decided by judges and by judges only. and jail for that? seriously? lol
    begging for mercy and threatening in the same same sentence seems very helpless to me and could result in the opposite of the intended effect. and its really the internet. no need for quotation marks, you "expert".

ya know

If someone was lucky enough to be online, in borealis, and at their keyboard.... and got some loot... it's you guy's fault the loot got passed out... and really shouldn't suspend account to get back loot... you should simply allow then to keep it and chalk it up to a loss.

Kinda like the roll-back shirt... if you wern't there.... you can't reap the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    I interpret that as "it was a server hack" and that you have updated your storage system for account information since 2001, thank you for that reply Mr. McAtee, you just got extra karma points for a fast and good answer.

Grøstl FTW, and even more FC FTW if you have already implemented it
    though I am 99,9999999997% sure you have not

Karma goes to the hacker too,
    +1 for finding a server-error, those are way harder to find than cracking a password
    +2 for on top of the hack knowing the commands for size-change, spawning and server wide messages
    but..
    -1.000.000 for ruining the game and taking up developer time.

then don't spend any time on it.. let people keep what they got.. fix the one bug that allowed the hack... and move on with the 3 year in development engine upgrade.

wasn't it the same thing that killed AO about 3 years ago when a GM passed out BOC's.. then FC took them back... and within the next week 500 players canceled their accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixdem View Post
    If someone was lucky enough to be online, in borealis, and at their keyboard.... and got some loot... it's you guy's fault the loot got passed out... and really shouldn't suspend account to get back loot... you should simply allow then to keep it and chalk it up to a loss.
    Stuff was passed out that isn't in loot tables and thus is not attainable by others via legitimate means. That's a problem.

wasn't it the same thing that killed AO about 3 years ago when a GM passed out BOC's.. then FC took them back... and within the next week 500 players canceled their accounts?
    Do you have a source for the 500 accounts thing that isn't in your imagination?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Not really smoked considering how many people have voted in total. Wizard 101 also has like 100,000 fans on facebook.
    Sounds like they put some effort into marketing.

Kinda like the roll-back shirt... if you wern't there.... you can't reap the rewards.
    then don't spend any time on it.. let people keep what they got.. fix the one bug that allowed the hack... and move on with the 3 year in development engine upgrade.

If I didnt know better, I'd say you were just kidding. But the sad truth is, you mean what you just said. Poor feller.

In time you may figure out how the world really works outside your little "special world".
    ಠ_ಠ

sounds more like he got a set of that armor and wants it back
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Now that we've missed 2 weeks of Fwm: can we have a "Monday Morning With Means" pls?

Means: coffeeeeeee!!
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast