Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 7th, 2011: Unplanned But Exciting Event!

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    That would be the giant gorilla (or beast, as the case may be) in the room, wouldn't it!
    That everyone pretends is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Again, no one got ahold of the account information for you guys - Everything there is safe. Naturally we won't be discussing the entire details of precisely what occurred in the interest of both corporate and product safety, but I assure you - It's nothing you guys have to worry about in terms of your account security. =)
    Classic!! Governments and Corporations have been using these slogans forever.

Enron - "Investor capitol is perfectly safe. I can assure you of that." - Press Release just prior to the companies collapse.

US Government - "While we can not go into detail.. I assure you that all steps are being taken to protect innocent lives during our operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. - Donald Rumsfeld prior to the release of statistics that show 90% of the casualties in Iraq were civilian.

Granted we are working on a smaller scale here, but the same principles apply. The same vague responses and blind assurances to legitimate questions are given.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Everything there is safe.
    Careful now... Seen many of people have to eat those words.

We all know your doing your best FC and majority of us enjoy this game regardless of these strange happenings, but you are going to bring people like me out of the wood work when you make statements like the ones we see here and in Means' original post.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell View Post
    That everyone pretends is not there.

Classic!! Governments and Corporations have been using these slogans forever.

Enron - "Investor capitol is perfectly safe. I can assure you of that." - Press Release just prior to the companies collapse.

US Government - "While we can not go into detail.. I assure you that all steps are being taken to protect innocent lives during our operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. - Donald Rumsfeld prior to the release of statistics that show 90% of the casualties in Iraq were civilian.

Granted we are working on a smaller scale here, but the same principles apply. The same vague responses and blind assurances to legitimate questions are given.

Careful now... Seen many of people have to eat those words.

We all know your doing your best FC and majority of us enjoy this game regardless of these strange happenings, but you are going to bring people like me out of the wood work when you make statements like the ones we see here and in Means' original post.
    This post is sort of ridiculous. Everything IS perfectly safe from anyone not investing a large amount of time and effort into the major criminal act it would be to break into the AO account servers and steal the information within. Just like everywhere else is perfectly safe from any casual attempt at intrusion. If you don't share your password with everyone left and right and don't use the same password everywhere, then you're perfectly fine, and so is Funcom's security in this matter.
    Trying to make a big deal out of nothing because it's "sticking it to the man" is just ridiculous and so yesterday.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    my twink! my twink! what are you doing to our little twinks!
    Well the best part of my level 1 is that even if FC did something that completely screwed with what I should and should not IP, I would only be looking at a gain or loss of 4 points Something like making tradeskills part of trader casting as well would also mean a massive boost around the 100's of points mark lol.

Quote Originally Posted by -klod- View Post
    pfff, wait until you see the mp doc.
    roar
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Not really smoked considering how many people have voted in total. Wizard 101 also has like 100,000 fans on facebook.
    Wizard101: 134,422
    AO: 5,946

Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    wow, suprised that many kids started multi-voting. maybe i shoulda voted more than once, oh well....
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTarder View Post
    wow, suprised that many kids started multi-voting. maybe i shoulda voted more than once, oh well....
    That's the number of facebook fans, not votes.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    That's the number of facebook fans, not votes.
    touche'

guess the thought just didnt surprise me
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    AO: 5,946

Wait, AO has over 6,000 players?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.

Its no suprise to me that anybody knows GM /commands, considering that some of the basic ones can be found in the files that AO comes with, and the rest can be found by the GM vids on youtube.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Every now and then something random and anarchic will occur........ this incident is one of them........ funny to read about for sure but nothing to get excited about really

Wizard101 is quite a cool little game, Im leaving AO forever......not.

I found I could vote for AO on Mozilla Firefox and again using Internet Explorer, go go AO !

Quote Originally Posted by Slipster View Post
    Every now and then something random and anarchic will occur........ this incident is one of them........ funny to read about for sure but nothing to get excited about really

Wizard101 is quite a cool little game, Im leaving AO forever......not.

I found I could vote for AO on Mozilla Firefox and again using Internet Explorer, go go AO !
    you can delete your cookies and vote again, but the vote wont be casted, too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Trader and doc documents? That's going to be an interesting read
    ditto
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Means/Kintaii- Any update on the mentor system that was mentioned about 18months ago or so? I think about a year ago you guys said you were waiting on something from the customer service or billing department and it just dropped off thereafter.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Means/Kintaii- Any update on the mentor system that was mentioned about 18months ago or so? I think about a year ago you guys said you were waiting on something from the customer service or billing department and it just dropped off thereafter.
    They need to lean to stop promising undeliverables. I've seen this many time with dev teams. It all ends in tears.

I can't really see what a mentor system would be like in AO. Was there a post or outline of it?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I can't really see what a mentor system would be like in AO. Was there a post or outline of it?
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...86&postcount=1

It was first mentioned in a July 3, 2009 FWM post and again in a September 25, 2009 Means post...I don't think I've found mention of it since that time.

There's in link in that post that links to some other posts... Means explains it. There's also a /mentor function in-game that doesn't work.. so I know they were working on it at some point.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jan 10th, 2011 at 21:12:44.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...86&postcount=1

It was first mentioned in a July 3, 2009 FWM post and again in a September 25, 2009 Means post...I don't think I've found mention of it since that time.

There's in link in that post that links to some other posts... Means explains it. There's also a /mentor function in-game that doesn't work.. so I know they were working on it at some point.
    What did they intend this system to actually do? I'm not sure what the benefits would be, but at first glance it smells like a tool just begging for abuse by scammers.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 10th, 2011 at 21:53:19.

Perhaps its some sort of shared XP system or something.

Although, something in the back of my mind makes me think something was said about "free game time".
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast