Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New mouse bug *shocker*

New mouse bug *shocker*

So, in wake of the scroll bug fix, I present to you, the newest mouse bug!

Previously you were able to press mouse 3 (scroll wheel) to run, and at the same time press RMB to turn in any direction, release mouse 3, and continue to turn while still having RMB pressed.

In this new patch, you're able to do all the above, except to continue to turn after releasing mouse 3.

I'm pretty sure I was able to do this pre-18.4.3.

So, another 2 months till this will be back to normal? And what about the ctrl -> alt switch?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

yeah what happens now is once you release middle mouse button the game lets go of r-mouse button.

before you could maintain the mouse turn locked if you still had r-mouse button held down after releasing middle mouse button.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Point in case then. Guess we'll add it to the ever growing list of annoying small bugs that never got fixed
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

Nice sig, I LoLed!!
    R.I.P. AO

Bump for fixing this. Thought my mouse was borked until I figured out what was going on. Was checking the forums for a place to report this bug. I'll go post there if there's a thread for that, but until then this is the most official thing I've seen.

Put the mouse back please .

The behavior you're describing actually sounds like a bug to me
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

We mentioned it on test. hoped it wont make it live but meh
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

It's unfortunate people relied on this behavior, but let's break it down.

This combination of keys is not 'auto run'.
    This simply is a bug where the game believes a key is still down even though it has been released.
    The hint should have been in the amount of steps involved and the specific order of keys to invoke this behavior.

I can say with certainty that the 'auto run' behavior you were experiencing was a bug.

edit: Since this patch binding on mouse buttons has been fixed, you could bind mouse3 to auto run, this will get quite close to the previous behavior.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Jan 13th, 2011 at 13:58:05.
    Formerly Vhab.

But Vhab, back to the problem at hand. When we now run with mouse3 pressed, and simultaneously turn with RMB, followed by releasing mouse3 and not RMB, the input system still thinks we let go of RMB even though it's still pressed.

Any ETA on a fix?

Well, at least the scroll bug is gone, which is nice.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    But Vhab, back to the problem at hand. When we now run with mouse3 pressed, and simultaneously turn with RMB, followed by releasing mouse3 and not RMB, the input system still thinks we let go of RMB even though it's still pressed.

Any ETA on a fix?
    Sorry, I seem to have misread the original post.
    I read "continue to run" instead of "continue to turn".

I'll see if I can look into this.

Are you sure this behavior started with 18.4.3?
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Jan 13th, 2011 at 17:51:32.
    Formerly Vhab.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Sorry, I seem to have misread the original post.
    I read "continue to run" instead of "continue to turn".

I'll see if I can look into this.

yes

"Being neutral in AO (...) is not viewed as a 'side' in and of itself." - Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Chris Soulraiser Bounocore - Proud Director of Dragon Security Agency

+ 220 ENF, 220 SOL, 220 NT, 220 ENG, 220 CRAT, 220 MP

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Yep started with the latest patch.

When MMB is released while having RMB held down, the game releases RMB also instead of keeping it held down.
    R.I.P. AO

Yes- I frequently use this feature on a second computer where I don't have easy keyboard access. I hold down the right mouse button to look around and then move with the center mouse button when I need to. It now releases that turn feature when you let go of the center button. You have to release and re-click the right mouse button to start turning again. Anyway- that was probably clear enough from the above posts but that's how I used the feature .

And yes- I can confirm- it definitely started with the latest patch . I'm not sure I should admit, but I sometimes play with up to three computers side by side- and use the mouse for movement on the two left/right computers almost exclusively (never keyboard) - definitely would have noticed this before.
    Last edited by Dredd; Jan 14th, 2011 at 04:41:39.

the problem still happens even without "walk forward" being assigned to the middle mouse button.

I hold down right mouse button, then i press and release the unassigned middle mouse button and it releases right mouse button's control.
    R.I.P. AO

Alright, thanks for the info.
    Formerly Vhab.

ah thanks for pointing my nose in here Vhab

i should login more often ^^

Just picked up a new mouse today and discovered that hitting any mouse button while having R-Mouse Button held down will cause it to release.

Hit my thumb buttons while having R-Mouse Button held and it released. This could be a problem for people who have actions binded to their mouse's thumb buttons.
    R.I.P. AO

... would i always post here, when that bug annoys me ... meeehh

please, make this 1st place on the insect list.

The behavior also opens the trade window with other nearby players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast