Thread: S10 - Solo Instance

S10 - Solo Instance

Question for FC..

Who do you actually expect to be able to solo that instance?

It's the same boss as the team instance except this time, you're alone!

wtf!

no reduced difficulty? e.g. less hp, less dmg, less ar?

if so: fail.

big question tho, is, what do they drop, the solo bosses? same loot as the team ones? or everything in lesser ql? or just s10 stuff but no bots?
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Drops the same stuff as team. I remember asking Means what the point of the solo instance was and he said something along the lines of in the future i expect people will be able to and maybe even some can now. I think only a really good doctor could solo in there as it is.
    -Equilibrium-
    Perkable - 220/30 Crat
    Enforcblack - 220/30 Enf
    Blacklist - 200/30 Adv
    Blackhawkzz - 200/30 Crat
    Nano93 - 168/23 NT
    Blackhawkss - 164/22 Sold
    Black - 150/20 Enf
    Blackhawks - 126/15 Agent
    Cannibalz - 92/9 Enf
    Blackhawks00 -57/6 MP
    Blackhawkd - 29/3 Tard

You sure? Killed it (Rho one, Ilari Khazoh Ra) twice and got :

Inactive Alien Translation Devicex2
    Mercury-Based Temperature Gaugex2
    Controller Recompiler Unitx4
    Inactive Alien Reflex Modifierx2

Not going to waste more Relays on this:S

And, it did seem a bit easier..less crit and less health I think.
    My bot killed it, not me..so I guess we should ask it:P

@Kvark: What was your bot? It tore through my crat pet before we even got it down 3 bars :/

It looks to me like it was made for GA fixers.. *cough* like they had a problem before *cough*

Ok so if i understand it right the "solo instance" is just an empty place where you can spawn bosses exactly like you can in the team instance but they are a bit easier? (or supposed to be) ?
    So i'm assuming the bosses have the exact same tricks as the "regular" ones, and by that i mean before the spawn-instance was introduced.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

@lyledesol, engie pet, slayer, had to recast it twice.
    Have to stay in a place where it cant reach me and still
    keep los(semi) or it just heals up.

Pretty boring way to do it tho, but I really cant see how
    else an engie can take a beating like that.

Tried it on my doc, which is not exactly twinked and almost killed a Rho boss (with RRFE, AC buff, Behe, CS, Gauntlet plus my own buffs). There were like 1.5 bubbles left before I got killed (run out of nano), so I guess a twinked doc and/or some other OSBs (i.e. more -nanocost%, HE) will do the trick. That thing doesn't despawn instantly after first death, either, so it's possible to come back and have a retry (had 3 attempts at the same spawn).

Edit: Damage from boss was like (through RRFE) 1-1.5k normal hits (melee + energy) and over 2k crits.
    Last edited by Sferyl; Feb 9th, 2012 at 23:34:35.

This is a joke, solo? Seriously Funcom, get it right.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

I just tried to kill Rho- Ilari Khazon Ra.
    My fix (Ofab armor mainly) was full OSB (omni med, behe, Rrfe, Icr...)
    It killed me in less than 3mins, it hits in melee but snares are useless, it's range seems to be 200m ^^
    Gl without pets. :/

i can kill easily on my 150 adv with just rrfe... both solo and team instance
    I "Cookem" All

Why should the solo instance be easier than the team instance yet offer the same rewards? You have to realize that players should not be encouraged to do things alone rather than in a team. For those that can and wish to try and solo, they have an option, but bringing friends should offer more success than working on your own.

If there was not a solo instance players would simply be dual-logged and trying to farm or complain that they have to dual log after finding ways to do it solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Why should the solo instance be easier than the team instance yet offer the same rewards? You have to realize that players should not be encouraged to do things alone rather than in a team. For those that can and wish to try and solo, they have an option, but bringing friends should offer more success than working on your own.

If there was not a solo instance players would simply be dual-logged and trying to farm or complain that they have to dual log after finding ways to do it solo.
    That's the weirdest reasoning I have seen in this thread : you just brilliantly demonstrated that there is no need for a Solo Instance. If so, why would Funcom have introduced one, while a dual-logged team instance would do the trick for the less than 10% of the population twinks that can have a chance at soloing a S10 boss.

Introducing and adverstising a so-called solo instance that only twinks full of OSB's have a chance to solo is a stupid thing to do. It goes in the same direction as most of the unwanted and unasked for "fixes" introduced over the last months : probably when most of the playerbase has quit and left the place to a few dozens die-hards and fanboys, someone will understand, but it might be a little late.

I really do hope the new graphics engine and re-balance will live up to its promises, although I have my strong doubts : I probably won't be there to see it, and I suspect quite a few players will do the same....

Quote Originally Posted by Ramany View Post
    That's the weirdest reasoning I have seen in this thread : you just brilliantly demonstrated that there is no need for a Solo Instance. If so, why would Funcom have introduced one, while a dual-logged team instance would do the trick for the less than 10% of the population twinks that can have a chance at soloing a S10 boss.

Introducing and adverstising a so-called solo instance that only twinks full of OSB's have a chance to solo is a stupid thing to do. It goes in the same direction as most of the unwanted and unasked for "fixes" introduced over the last months : probably when most of the playerbase has quit and left the place to a few dozens die-hards and fanboys, someone will understand, but it might be a little late.

I really do hope the new graphics engine and re-balance will live up to its promises, although I have my strong doubts : I probably won't be there to see it, and I suspect quite a few players will do the same....
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There is always someone in this playerbase to bitch about every single decision or lack there of.

You have the solo option, but it is better to use the team option. The solo option is doable, the team option is doable more easily. No one has any reason to complain unless they want to petition for removing all benefits of teaming. It should not be easier to farm solo than in a team, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by gatester View Post
    damned if you do, damned if you don't. There is always someone in this playerbase to bitch about every single decision or lack there of...
    qft
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Sferyl View Post
    Tried it on my doc, which is not exactly twinked and almost killed a Rho boss (with RRFE, AC buff, Behe, CS, Gauntlet plus my own buffs). There were like 1.5 bubbles left before I got killed (run out of nano), so I guess a twinked doc and/or some other OSBs (i.e. more -nanocost%, HE) will do the trick. That thing doesn't despawn instantly after first death, either, so it's possible to come back and have a retry (had 3 attempts at the same spawn).

Edit: Damage from boss was like (through RRFE) 1-1.5k normal hits (melee + energy) and over 2k crits.
    Dont understand how you can run out of nano on doc, there's TONS of way to regain nano, not to mention the nice 500 HE from doc ring, which shoudl at least hit once during a fight with a general like that, there's genius perk, battle prepared kits, first aid stims (new ones even better than old ones), notum focus (sure 30 minute lock but nice 800 nano points on use) etc..

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    Dont understand how you can run out of nano on doc, there's TONS of way to regain nano, not to mention the nice 500 HE from doc ring, which shoudl at least hit once during a fight with a general like that, there's genius perk, battle prepared kits, first aid stims (new ones even better than old ones), notum focus (sure 30 minute lock but nice 800 nano points on use) etc..
    I lack nano delta (reminder: "not exactly twinked"), I traded in HP for damage, I'm neutral (so no 1k token board), I couldn't land UBT and the only heal really working in this context is CH, all the other heals just don't cover the incoming damage. Sometimes you have a small break between CHs, -- in the hope that with the lag at times you trigger it at a "perfect" point of time, not to early and not to late to preserve nano -- but often enough you have to chain it.

Out of your list the thing I didn't use were battle prepared kits, everything else was in recharge at the time I died Another note: I will not fully twink up, either, because I'm going to level on eventually. Considering my setup I never thought I would get that far.

On a sidenote: I haven't done the calcs, but you need a good amount of PSY, nano delta and -nanocost% to cover the hole the CHs will rip into your nano pool so you can fill the remainder with stims and genius perk. Notum Focus is a one shot thing, Sheffy's Coil is unreliable and battle prepared kits are only safe to use directly after a CH. In return this means, yes, the longer the fight lasts, the higher the chance at least I will run out of nano without having any nano related OSBs running

Quote Originally Posted by Sferyl View Post
    I lack nano delta (reminder: "not exactly twinked"), I traded in HP for damage, I'm neutral (so no 1k token board), I couldn't land UBT and the only heal really working in this context is CH, all the other heals just don't cover the incoming damage. Sometimes you have a small break between CHs, -- in the hope that with the lag at times you trigger it at a "perfect" point of time, not to early and not to late to preserve nano -- but often enough you have to chain it.

Out of your list the thing I didn't use were battle prepared kits, everything else was in recharge at the time I died Another note: I will not fully twink up, either, because I'm going to level on eventually. Considering my setup I never thought I would get that far.

On a sidenote: I haven't done the calcs, but you need a good amount of PSY, nano delta and -nanocost% to cover the hole the CHs will rip into your nano pool so you can fill the remainder with stims and genius perk. Notum Focus is a one shot thing, Sheffy's Coil is unreliable and battle prepared kits are only safe to use directly after a CH. In return this means, yes, the longer the fight lasts, the higher the chance at least I will run out of nano without having any nano related OSBs running
    I see your point but I have no issues on my 150 doc who also has no high psy for nanoregain and I use it alot for pvp and I spam dots all the time, the only times I push my nano to the limit is when i'm sure I wont die and even then it fills up in just matter of seconds but I know neutrals have a decent amount less then clan or omni, but I doubt doc would be the optimal toon for this kind of fights anyway

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    I see your point but I have no issues on my 150 doc who also has no high psy for nanoregain and I use it alot for pvp and I spam dots all the time, the only times I push my nano to the limit is when i'm sure I wont die and even then it fills up in just matter of seconds but I know neutrals have a decent amount less then clan or omni, but I doubt doc would be the optimal toon for this kind of fights anyway
    A 150 CH/DoT spamming doc can naturally run out of nano, either your doc is pvping vs fr00bs or non-twinks. Longer the fight = Worse result for non-twinked doc.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

@grandefiasco: Keep 3 targets fully DoTted and spam LE otherwise, that should yield roughly the same nano drain as this perma CHing, if you want to give it a try without actually hitting S10. If you can keep doing this for eternity you should be able to beat at least the Rho boss for sure