Thread: pets dissepiring

pets dissepiring

ello. after the last patch my pets have started to random disepiring on sone.
    realy enoying...
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

I either support or decry this topic depending on what it says.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

when i zone.. like from OA to tir. or into bs pets gets terminated. not all the time but some time... realy enoying to have to swap gear to cast and buff them again....
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by nanobots View Post
    OA to tir.
    Odd, maybe its a sync thing and they become detached from you.

Quote Originally Posted by nanobots View Post
    into bs pets gets terminated.
    This is meant to happen, pets despawn on entry to BS.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    No. No, they do not. In fact, their NCU doesn't get cleared either. So most pet professions pre buff their pets before accepting BS invite.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    That used to be the case at first. Later on, it was considered a "feature" by the players.

We didn't get official confirmation on introduction of such feature though. Looks like it was still just a bug.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

pets dosent die when i enter bs. just when that bug happens... happend on newbie island to on my new engi. zoned into teleport area and pet where gone
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

It does sound like a synch issue. I see a lot of running back and forth across zones with my pets in my near future on test... hey ho.

If you can spot anything at all that seems to be a common factor when the pets disappear, that would be helpful. For example, does it often happen at a particular zoning point? Is it always a particular pet that tends to disappear? Does your zoning seem to take longer when the pets disappear? Anything that seems to be common to the times when the pets disappear will help me to try to pin down the issue.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

no its totaly random. happend to different zone each time. zoning was fast. and it was 220 pets( both pets) and the lvl 1 pet on newbie island
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

Maybe the pets felt offended by something you did and didn't want to have any part of it anymore...
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

Can't say it's happened to me yet.
    Because Race Yalm

Yesterday, I ve casted Associate right after logging in.
    System message said : Nano executed successfully ...

but no carlo ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I could have sworn pets died on entry, but I dont generally run around with mine unless im using them, stupid things get in the way otherwise

I only really played on the BS a lot when they first came out, since then its been single visits.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Well it doesn't seem to be a system-wide issue, in that I've been zoning vast numbers of times to try to test this, and not once lost any of my three pets. That's on a variety of different kinds of zone types and in a variety of places.

It's possible that there's a sensitivity to synch issues at the moment that may be being heightened by some local issues at the OP's end. But I'm unable to reproduce the issue as it stands...

I'd also have to say, that I'm not seeing any other posts on the subject, nor have I seen any in the MP/Crat/Engi forums, which we'd normally expect in quantities when an issue like this turns up. So I'm going to plump for it being a more local issue to the OP than a general one.

If you can provide me with a more reliably reproducible situation when you're seeing the issue, I'll gladly test it further.

X

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

I dunno if this will help, but I was just in a RK mish on my froob MP. After killing three mobs my pets suddenly disappeared. In the pet window I saw No Name but buffs still running. I tried Pet Warp and got the pet vicinity messages "I'm here to serve, blah, blah..." but still no pets. On a hunch I zoned back out of the mish and there they were. We reentered and the incident didn't happen again.
    On RK1: Legerdemain 220 Omni Advy - Battlestarr 220 Omni Sold - Manilow 150 Omni Keeper - Irkules 220 Omni Enf - Rancho 188-ish Omni Fixer - Legman 220 Omni Engi - Manblack 172-ish froob Omni MP - Hivvy 200 froob Omni Agent

On RK2: Kallark 150 Neut MA - Thunderballs 208-ish Neut Enf

My mezz pet disappeared yesterday zoning from Pen clan garden to the Ravine statue, but it only happened once - tried to reproduce the glitch and could not.

Thats a not so old bug. Both of then. And hard to reproduce.

One time in BS my pets terminated for no reason. I think this is BS only bug due pets terminate when BS was implemented.

The other is Pets beeing alive somewhere, far away from you and impossible to be warped with pet warp. This ones is easier to reproduce. Usually happens when u run throught a maze/coiled place, full of mobs and pets on follow or guard. I never saw it happening on zone >.<
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

i had the same problem last days with my engi. casted pets in front of bs. buffed em..signed up... and they dissapeared... got this 3 times now... i hope they will fix it soon...its annoying for engis. even with pre-buffed pets you cant get all buffs out in decon-room...
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2