Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Doctor Nano Document!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Looks good to me.

I like the max HP changes, and the healing power is far better distributed for sub 220 levels (particularly TL6), and the buffs/debuffs look useful in conjunction with the dots/nukes.

Looks like docs will be geared far more for nano management than DD and AS spam, which will be good for PVP.
    Actually, this is the part I like from the Doc documents. I think it may just be possible to be focused on nanoskills and nano pool for the best heals and still be able to do decent damage.

Looking at these changes, I might even roll another doctor just to check stuff out.

These changes actually look more interesting than the previous documents (except engies) and if FC saved the more complex changes for last, we're bound to have some interesting times ahead of us.

And Klod's MP might even receive some new shiny toys (no double AS Tigress unfortunately).

How will the taunt in SL be with the CH line revamp? (Ely heck pocketing nerf ???)
    Dont see the proposed area init debuff that was mentioned earlier. (It just didn't make it?)
    Do like that most nano's get there 4h tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    If it was being balanced for 1v1 I might of said it differently but its not so no point in saying more.
    I was under the impression that balancing for 1v1 was kinda the point with rebalancing because it was Sill who tried to balance for team PvP.... And balancing for team PvP... Well thats just pointless... Because team PvP was already balanced <.<' And what a pointless balance that is...

Then you might as well say that you aim at balancing faction vs faction and give omnis arbalasts and proclaim AO the first MMO to achieve perfect balance... -.-

But.. That said... We will have to wait and see if people will be able to outlast a docs nano pool or not, because if they cant then they will have to nerf nano-regen or boost nano costs further..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Because a Doc not only has to keep themselves healed, with less efficient; higher cost, heals, but they have to try to keep their allies alive too.
    And allies have means to increase your nanopool (especially MPs, with new improved perks and god knows how OP'd nanos that are on the way), so...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Because a Doc not only has to keep themselves healed, with less efficient; higher cost, heals, but they have to try to keep their allies alive too.
    And allies have means to increase your defenses lessening your need to heal (especially soldiers with reflects and enfos with absorbs), so....

Edit: Think il just keep going...

And allies have means to assist you with healing (especially Adventurers), so....
    Last edited by Rktim; Jan 15th, 2011 at 12:48:51.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I don't know what documents everyone seems to be reading, but for me, this will be the end of my doc. I love pvm on my doc... can't see myself enjoying it after these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Izus View Post
    I don't know what documents everyone seems to be reading, but for me, this will be the end of my doc. I love pvm on my doc... can't see myself enjoying it after these changes.
    It means docs will actually need support from support professions...FINALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    It means docs will actually need support from support professions...FINALLY.
    In case you haven't noticed, docs ARE a support profession. It seems after rebalance we're all destined to be the gimped supporting the gimped. How fun.

Looks like teaming people will finally make some sense.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Looks like teaming people will finally make some sense.
    ++

BTW TILC is being replaced with a better team hp buff that buffs about 3000 MORE hp, so quit whining that TILC got removed and try to actually read these docs before you post. I'm getting sick of reading misconceptions [Not talking to you specifically demoder]

Quote Originally Posted by cube View Post
    ++

BTW TILC is being replaced with a better team hp buff that buffs about 3000 MORE hp, so quit whining that TILC got removed and try to actually read these docs before you post. I'm getting sick of reading misconceptions [Not talking to you specifically demoder]
    Erm no. It's not. If you read those docs you will see that TILC is changed into a one person only short term hp buff.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by cube View Post
    try to actually read these docs before you post. I'm getting sick of reading misconceptions

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    I can accept higher recharge...but lower casting time pls. Why other proffesion can go full-def but doc cannot ? Balance please...

This has been pointed out many many times they are aware of how we feel about this. All other professions have a static Def of some kind in the form of evades .... cocoons ... effects ect ect we only have healing. On top of that... our Def gets in the way of our Off in the form of casting Dots ... hard to do anything if all one can do is continually heal.

Still until all is said and done we will have to hope everything the Devs has seen from the doc community will get some ground we can only hope.

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Izus View Post

Remember every other class is feeling the same way. I don't like it either but I will make my final opinion on if they really balanced until I see and play it myself. Trust me everything you guys have posted has been pointed out many times.

Funcom wants to be profitable so I have no doubt the Devs will do everything they can to make all professions balanced out even in PVM. If anything our damage will improve with nukes and Dots even though our healing will might suffer. We will become more of a casting class. Unfortunately this might be at the cost of our incredible ability to solo just about anything.

Be happy we no longer have Cyberdecks then all of us would all have to use them cloning us even more ... now at least if you want to be a caster you can put on any weapon you want.

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    Last edited by BigBubba; Jan 17th, 2011 at 01:47:38.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    Remember every other class is feeling the same way. I don't like it either but I will make my final opinion on if they really balanced until I see and play it myself. Trust me everything you guys have posted has been pointed out many times.
    I think this is a reasonable sentiment, but I don't share it. I worked a long, hard time over the last year building my current main, and I am not going to feel better about having it gimped to uselessness and having my favorite toys taken away just because everyone else is equally screwed. A rising tide floats all boats, and a falling tide leaves everyone stuck in the mud. Stuck in the mud is still stuck in the mud, no matter how many other boats are stuck there with you.

Very true Bubba, no one will know for sure until we actually play the prof after all is said and done, so I guess I'll try to keep an open mind. One thing though... am I reading this spread sheet right where it says malp is being removed and replaced with a nuke that 1) does nothing to inits and 2) requires dots to be running? Seriously, another thing dependent on dots that rarely land? Not to mention how long it takes to cast all 3... Guess I won't even be able to kill soldiers now booo... the one prof that was an easy kill. Ah well, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

We will be clicking ourself to death now! God, this gonna be a lot of clicks...

A rising tide floats all boats, and a falling tide leaves everyone stuck in the mud. Stuck in the mud is still stuck in the mud, no matter how many other boats are stuck there with you.
    It's a lovely metaphor... but is it really apt?

Certainly in PvP, most people tend to enjoy winning, which is more based on relative strength (balance) than intrinsic strengths. On a risen tide, the smaller, nippier boats can weave in and out taking potshots at the bigger, lumbering ones. But when they're all beached, the big boats with more and larger cannon can unload their full might on the smaller ones and reach further to take a great advantage.

Even in PvM, where co-operative play is more the norm, you don't really know whether you're going to be 'gimped into uselessness' until you know how the other professions and how the mobs will be affected in the rebalancing. The Doctor's main role in PvM is to keep the tank alive in normal PvM teams. How do you know whether you'll be able to do that effectively until all of the changes are in?

I dunno... I think we'll see a lot of tweaking of numbers in the beta testing of the changes and probably for some time afterwards too - both in effect values and also in effect stats like att/rech, cool-downs and nanocosts. The most important thing to be looking at, at this point, is the overall picture and what the types of effect are and how they fit together and work relative to the other changes.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

You've also not seen what the primary nano-replenishing professions, NT, MP, Trader, can do to help you with nanocost.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Unhappy

Talking about Doc as support Prof is a really good point but all professions can do sth solo so why should doc be able to do as well as other porfs....

About the nano Cost.... As i saw it will be porblem for doc to spam heals all the time..... and then they took away some healing power .....
    Dont know if docs will lose the 3 000 add hp from the 220 Single heal but if....they ll lose around 4-5 000 points of heal..... but thats not all, they ll lose more cause of heal eff. ....
    for example my doc got 43% heal eff. ....now start calculation.....

About spaming heals.....why that cool down? normaly nanos that "use nanobots very hard" have a cooldown....but single heal from doc?

As result.... Doc is for healing so its not needed to raise dmg so much but lower heals ?

Doc is The Healing Profession so why lowering that much?
    If funcom raise the nano cost really that much i want an item ingame (just for docs) with 500 nano delta -.-
    and think about the developing docs with are only lvl 216 or sth like that with lower symbs :/

Can't understand this extreme changes.....
    Last edited by Anonemuss; Jan 18th, 2011 at 07:27:11.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast