Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718

Thread: Dr. Nano Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    The argument will go something like that with more or less details. Its pretty clear FC does not intend on giving doctors a passive defense or the ability to go full def in a reasonable setup to allow us to fully reap the benefits of NR/evades. Unless ofc something with the nano inti calc gets changed such as the scale staying every 200 = -1s up to 3k nano inti then changes to the 300 = -1s.

tldr; I don't see it happening.
    After the re-balancing, it will be possible to instacast BI at full def with only 1 tower and using a "normal" endgame setup. The key is the 100 NanoInits given on Embrace. Sure, I'd prefer more, so towers wouldn't be needed and everyone had equal opportunities, but that doesn't seem to be the case atm. I'm personally counting on the re-itemization that will follow the re-balancing will add what's needed to even the playing field.

tldr; I'm positive we can insta cast BI @ full def after the re-balancing without sacrifices.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

tldr; I don't see it happening.
    Yeah, that. I pretty much gave up hopes for full def. Then again, for pvm we don't need full def so it won't matter much. ;p

tldr; I'm positive we can insta cast BI @ full def after the re-balancing without sacrifices.
    Maybe the itemization will change it. But with the current nano and perk draft I don't think we would use currently common setups. For pvp the gear would need a much higher focus on nanoskills (high costs short duration dots and nukes, and perks that use nanoskills Atk, require said dots to be on target and cancel dots having to land them again) and a higher focus on nanopool to maximize performance. There's only a couple of pieces that currently come with those and nano init.

I hope you end up being right.
    Last edited by XenonDe; Apr 12th, 2011 at 07:07:04.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Well, if nothing much changes itemization wise, we'd likely still opt for wearing ofab hat, ring and sleeves and the Illusionist cloak. Aside from the defensive token board, Infused Viral Compiler and alpha symbs which I can't see myself changing, those 4 items are the only NanoInits specific items needed to get 3600 NanoInits with the new Embrace line and a tower. Every other spot is open to change. IMO this leaves a lot of room to wiggle and diversify. Weapons have to be pistols, though. So no fancy weapon choices unless something new pops up on the horizon.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Mh, I forgot towers.... again. But seems I have to recalc my numbers I didn't reach those. Thanks for the hint.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Maybe I'm dumb, maybe I can't read the document correctly but I honestly couldn't find anywhere on it where it was mentioned that there would be an increased nanocost for heals, nor could I find the increased durations or anything else that's been reported as a change by our professional.

I'm reading the Doctor document dated Jan 18, 2011. For Example:
    on ARK1-
    Superior Omni Med - BM 853 MM 770 TS 770 NCU 45 Nanocost 1150 Duration 3600 sec (1 hr)
    on ARK2-
    Superior Omni Med - BM 853 MM 770 TS 770 NCU 45 Nanocost 1150 Duration 3600 sec (1 hr)
    on Auno-
    Superior Omni Med - BM 853 MM 770 TS 770 NCU 45 Nanocost 1150 Duration 1 hr (3600 sec)

Again, I'll fully admit if I'm misreading something somewhere... however right now I can't find it =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by lizor View Post
    Maybe I'm dumb, maybe I can't read the document correctly but I honestly couldn't find anywhere on it where it was mentioned that there would be an increased nanocost for heals, nor could I find the increased durations or anything else that's been reported as a change by our professional.

I'm reading the Doctor document dated Jan 18, 2011. For Example:
    on ARK1-
    on ARK2-
    on Auno-
    Superior Omni Med - BM 853 MM 770 TS 770 NCU 45 Nanocost 1150 Duration 1 hr (3600 sec)

Again, I'll fully admit if I'm misreading something somewhere... however right now I can't find it =)
    Maybe the HP buff is not a good place to start looking for increased nano costs in HEAL nanos...

New: Superior Team Health Plan - 3231 NaCost / Attack 8s / Recharge 2s / Cooldown 6s
    Old: Superior Team Health Plan - 730 NaCost / Atck 8s / Rech 4s

New: Bodily Invigoration - 2051 NaCost / Atck 9s / Rech 2s / Cd 4s
    Old: Bodily Invigoration - 1553 NaCost / Atck 9s / Rech 4s

Then there's been the rumours of reducing the nanodelta and tick rate...
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

You should see it right under the duration column.
    uhg!!!! iam trying to get you a picture to show you but the img coding isnt displaying the pic so it might be awhile.

Meh an attachment is the best Im able to do atm just zoom in and you can see where it should tell you the duration.
    Last edited by Kazeran; Jul 8th, 2011 at 01:14:53.

You should see it right under the duration column.
    uhg!!!! iam trying to get you a picture to show you but the img coding isnt displaying the pic so it might be awhile.

Meh an attachment is the best Im able to do atm just zoom in and you can see where it should tell you the duration.
    Okay, we must be looking at different documents then. I could *NOT* find that area at all. On sheet ARK1 there is Superior Omni Med in white and underneath it is in green but the duration both say 3600 seconds. All of the HP buffs say the same thing in white and green all the way down.

Yes, Aeliniyah I'm quite well aware of what you are saying however I think the second half of my statement where I mention DURATIONS covers my example. =) Read all of my words before attempting to correct me. =)

Nope, none of what you are saying is in this document. Not on sheet ARK1 nor on sheet ARK2 =)
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by lizor View Post
    Okay, we must be looking at different documents then. I could *NOT* find that area at all. On sheet ARK1 there is Superior Omni Med in white and underneath it is in green but the duration both say 3600 seconds. All of the HP buffs say the same thing in white and green all the way down.

Yes, Aeliniyah I'm quite well aware of what you are saying however I think the second half of my statement where I mention DURATIONS covers my example. =) Read all of my words before attempting to correct me. =)

Nope, none of what you are saying is in this document. Not on sheet ARK1 nor on sheet ARK2 =)
    The heal examples i posted above were from the Jan 18, 2011 nano document. Trust me, they're there.

Ark1 Sheet of the document has the current nanos. Ark2 sheet (the annoying pink one) has the new nanos. And Kazerans pic above shows you how to find the durations. Omni Med for example is listed as two buffs, first line shows the version you cast, and the next line shows the "effect" (ie the part you actually receive).
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Alright. I figured it out. The annoying ARK2 sheet pink background that I changed to plain white matched the font color of each field. I changed the font color to plain black and there it is, all the information =)

Knowing which sheet was which helped, so thank you =)
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalsigns View Post
    Well this doesnt make me smile. I'm a less-than 1 yr paid noob working hard on my main toon to be just that - a PvM team healer- thats what Ive been enjoying the most- and Im at lvl110 now. (well, I did pick up First Degree burns and it does wonders on borgs- so I do have fun with that- they die off much faster, so they do less damage to my team.)

(My 1 alt is just a lvl 19 NT)

Should I just put the chalice away & quit and come back in a year and start all over( maybe- if i dont go to another game entirely)?

bummed...
    Don't let the "sky is falling" people bring you down. They are always out there, telling you that if your iPhone is on during take off the plane will crash, that allowing facebook at work will stop all productivity, and that gay marriage will make your kids turn into beastiality loving lunatics.

Doctors will be fine, keep your chin up and keep on keeping on
    I am Horrible

Thumbs down Still not scaling with levels??

Healings STILL not scaling with levels? So this means we need make slots for even more new skills (nanos) on already insanely filled keybars. When will this madness end... AO has already way too many useless nanos/skills and now you implement even MORE. More skills with an already very bad UI is just bad. Arent you supposed to make things better rather than worse?

I see no logic in this and I am certainly not impressed. After reading about nearly all the others nano docs I would say most of these are nerfs and/or lowering the fun with each class.

I am definately negative to this "job" done about the nano docs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    Healings STILL not scaling with levels? So this means we need make slots for even more new skills (nanos) on already insanely filled keybars. When will this madness end... AO has already way too many useless nanos/skills and now you implement even MORE. More skills with an already very bad UI is just bad. Arent you supposed to make things better rather than worse?

I see no logic in this and I am certainly not impressed. After reading about nearly all the others nano docs I would say most of these are nerfs and/or lowering the fun with each class.

I am definately negative to this "job" done about the nano docs.
    Dont worry, it will never happen.
    The "Nano Doc" thing was just to appease the people and make them believe that "Rebalancing" will happen soon™.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718