Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Nano Doc

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    kazeran, eunucha and (formerly) mekh, you have my undying gratitude. best nano doc to come out yet, bar none. overall a LOT of much-needed love both at tl7 and at lower levels. i can live with the increased costs since we're getting an emergency pnh which (if i read correctly) restores nano in % increments. overall much love, especially to us nanogimps.
    Much of the work is done by Genele so thank her.
    Yes you are correct it heals 20% of your max nano pool at the cost of 10% of your max hp for 5 hits. (will restore all your nano at the cost of 50% of your HP)
    Last edited by Kazeran; Apr 5th, 2011 at 07:59:28. Reason: Corrected wrong info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Much of the work is done by Genele so thank her.
    Yes you are correct it heals 20% of your max nano pool as well as 10% of your max hp for 5 hits. (will restore all your nano and 50% of your hp amount total)
    and is castable by TL7 docs under NSD
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

ah and the tl5/tl4/tl3 twinks will love the lesser CH since we can use that even double drainned (200 MM/BM reqs) what i dont get is lesser alpha omega has the same reqs as lesser CH but without cooldown and even heals more?....am im missing something? will this nano only heal your team not the the doc?

PvM is too easy, nerfing the ability to heal endlessly is going to make things more challenging and will force tanks to gear more towards tanking and healers to be geared for healing. Not one setup fits all and pvm is a joke if you have a crat.

As far as the damage and healing concern goes.

Healing will still be manageable just fine as far as single target healing goes, this includes the CH heals. Team healing however has taken a large hit as far as nano cost is concerned for doctors so you could run into trouble as far any pfs/mobs that use AoE attacks.

For damage its hard to say. Damage on both A/B line does has been increased and the cost decreased. However Line C dots have a huge nano cost on them as well as a very short duration (9s active nuking time, 8 if you refresh before it runs out). Nukes also have a huge nano cost but do huge amounts of damage if you have all 3 dots running. Thankfully not all 3 dots are needed to use the nuke only 1. It will be manageable to keep a/b dots on a target and nuke as well as keeping your team alive. We won't be able to spam dots on multiple targets nearly as easy anymore. So our single target damage will go up, but our multi target will probably go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    and pvm is a joke if you have a crat.
    was a joke if you had a crat...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    ah and the tl5/tl4/tl3 twinks will love the lesser CH since we can use that even double drainned (200 MM/BM reqs) what i dont get is lesser alpha omega has the same reqs as lesser CH but without cooldown and even heals more?....am im missing something? will this nano only heal your team not the the doc?
    I think it's not you but FC who missed something i.e. adding the cooldown good typo ... healing team by 5k every 2 sec
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

PvM is too easy, nerfing the ability to heal endlessly is going to make things more challenging and will force tanks to gear more towards tanking and healers to be geared for healing. Not one setup fits all and pvm is a joke if you have a crat.
    The answer to this is for devs to learn to script challenging PvM instances, and to come up with something other than doubling the length of HP bars to make PvM content "harder." The fact that older content becomes obsolete is a reason to make new content, not to nerf toons that already exist, who are just using what you gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    I think the above post is right that it's going to mean even docs set up for full-on PvM primary healing duty are going to be slammed in terms of their ability to keep a team alive. I could care less about all the trox docs running around in full CC with AS pistols who will now be running scared in PvP. It's hard to tell without trying it out in practice, but the magnitude of cost increase is enough that it seems even nano docs with capped cost are going to be running dry on long, heavy raids, and teams dying if they don't have a second doc to switch off. That just seems like a slap in the face for anyone who has worked long and hard to build a 220 doc up from nothing as a primary healer, and who plays it as their regular (or only) main for PvM.
    if u will get out of nano just healing and ubting on a raid with those nano costs then the problem is on you......with the amount of stuff around to regain nano theres no reason to get out of it when u just support healing on pvm...u even have the new s7 thing and will have the emergency pnh to help....i cant see the issue here:O

if this is balanced for pvp then for sure is balanced for pvm.....on pvp we spend much more nano and have to deal with more nano drains then pvm

I added the question to the questions part and i will look into what exactly is going on as far as those are concerned.

Do you even play a doctor or are you just another one of the mindless believes doctors never run out of nano? (not to be rude)
    Last edited by Kazeran; Jan 14th, 2011 at 18:34:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    I think it's not you but FC who missed something i.e. adding the cooldown good typo ... healing team by 5k every 2 sec
    its not 5k even is 10k:P and normal alpha omega doesnt have a cooldown either so i think this is probably intented and will just heal the team and not the doc

sorry I should have used inverted commas, was a remark describing current pvm.

its not 5k even is 10k:P and normal alpha omega doesnt have a cooldown either so i think this is probably intented and will just heal the team and not the doc
    hum .. I must be crosseyed as I see A&O having a 40 sec cooldown and healing 10k and lesser A&O without cooldown and healing 5k ...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

if u will get out of nano just healing and ubting on a raid with those nano costs then the problem is on you......with the amount of stuff around to regain nano theres no reason to get out of it when u just support healing on pvm...u even have the new s7 thing and will have the emergency pnh to help....i cant see the issue here:O
    If you're at 220, already twinked for nanodelta, pool, and cost, there is no reason for a casting class to be stimming and using stupid chargers like they're level 10 all over again. And with the short duration of debuffs, HOTs, and HP buffs, there is no time left between spamming all of that plus team and single heals to even deal with nano charging. Unlike all other classes, docs also have six HP bars to keep an eye on and manage at all times rather than one, so we in particular need to be able to sustain our casting rate dynamically. A max nanodelta/cost setup should be enough to keep us running without outside help, and one of the global changes from rebalance was supposedly going to be that nano/heal delta would have more importance rather than less.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 20:07:15.

Just really seems silly to me to make endgame stuff require more than one doc, when I already see several fail to start cus you cannot find a doc within 2-3 hrs of spamming.

I suppose if they start advertising before the rebalance and get a high population, then it might work, otherwise they are basically shutting down a lot of endgame content.

I suppose if they merged the servers again, then you could find the 2 docs you need within an hour or so...
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

If you're at 220, already twinked for nanodelta, pool, and cost, there is no reason for a casting class to be stimming and using stupid chargers like they're level 10 all over again.
    that's not how FC see's it.

And with the short duration of debuffs, HOTs, and HP buffs, there is no time left between spamming all of that plus team and single heals to even deal with nano charging.
    of course there is. we get more burst healing thanks to local recharges so you can afford to let the tank drop a bit, pop teamheal + single heal and then stim yourself. if you're running low you hit your instant cast 0 recharge nanopool recovery nano and you get it all back in 5 sec. easy peasy

Unlike all other classes, docs also have six HP bars to keep an eye on and manage at all times rather than one, so we in particular need to be able to sustain our casting rate dynamically.
    try 36. 18 if you're REALLY lazy and bring a 2nd doc to pande/ apf42

A max nanodelta/cost setup should be enough to keep us running without outside help, and one of the supposed global changes from rebalance was supposedly going to be that nano/heal delta would have more importance rather than less.
    keeping nano up should be something you actively do, not a "set it and forget it" thing. otherwise you'd have docs parking at lotv with a macro keyboard and coming back every 45 minutes to check if the ring they're after dropped.

If you're at 220, already twinked for nanodelta, pool, and cost, there is no reason for a casting class to be stimming and using stupid chargers like they're level 10 all over again. And with the short duration of debuffs, HOTs, and HP buffs, there is no time left between spamming all of that plus team and single heals to even deal with nano charging. Unlike all other classes, docs also have six HP bars to keep an eye on and manage at all times rather than one, so we in particular need to be able to sustain our casting rate dynamically. A max nanodelta/cost setup should be enough to keep us running without outside help, and one of the supposed global changes from rebalance was supposedly going to be that nano/heal delta would have more importance rather than less.
    for all pvm encounters on this game as a healer on a raid or a team u just need to use 4 nanos...BI, ICH and UBT and team heal (which on most ocasions u dont have to use)....rest is perks and items..just having to use these 4 nanos and perks from time to time gives u plenty of time to focus on nano recharging....
    if u feel the need to spam HOTs or LC to make the raid succesfull then either the tank is pure crap and he really has to work on his setup or his skills or your as the doc are doing it wrong.....period!

learn to multitask or something...practise and u will get it

for all pvm encounters on this game as a healer on a raid or a team u just need to use 4 nanos...BI, ICH and UBT and team heal (which on most ocasions u dont have to use)....rest is perks and items..just having to use these 4 nanos and perks from time to time gives u plenty of time to focus on nano recharging....
    if u feel the need to spam HOTs or LC to make the raid succesfull then either the tank is pure crap and he really has to work on his setup or his skills or your as the doc are doing it wrong.....period!

learn to multitask or something...practise and u will get it
    bringing an agent with you reduced the number of nanos you need to cast to 3 ^^

As far as pvm goes we all have our own methods. So please don't try to act as if we only need to heal and ubt, some of us do like to keep up team hp and hots, some of us like to do as much dmg as we can and some like the middle ground. We are trying to keep it so in pvm we can manage our healing while doing some supportive damage instead of only being heal monkeys like this may turn out to be.

As far as keeping nano up when your already set for a nano regain/max nano setup and u still have nano problems(in pvp) this change isnt going to help any doctor. It use to be you were forced to sit down and use a nano kit every 30 seconds, no one no one enjoyed that so we are trying to stay away from that as well, though you do very well have our own opinion on that matter but i do disagree with having to sit every 30s to nano up.

Please keep in mind as well that the Emergency Nano Regain is just that, for emergencies, it has a 5 min lock so its not simply a toy to use whenever you wish, you do have to be smart about it.

@cuisinartblade

iirc no doc can go afk on lotv even in current prebalance game.
    If you focus on getting the highest possible nano regain, it should be a form of reward to not have to focus on your nanopool again.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast