Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Nano Doc

just got 1 complain....the CH lockout should go down to 15 secs.....20 secs is too long....some profs can do a LOT of damage on lower levels and the new regular heals wont cut it

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    just got 1 complain....the CH lockout should go down to 15 secs.....20 secs is too long....some profs can do a LOT of damage on lower levels and the new regular heals wont cut it
    Answer to this is fix regular heals. CH is an emergency tool, designed to COMPLETELY HEAL a target that is 1 bulb from extinction. No doc who is doing their job should ever have to cast this more often than once every 20 seconds. If you're any good at all once every 20 minutes is more than you will ever need. If regular heals are so bad that you need to use an emergency tool twice in 20 seconds, then that's just proof that they've gotten everything about our regular tools completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    Answer to this is fix regular heals. CH is an emergency tool, designed to COMPLETELY HEAL a target that is 1 bulb from extinction. No doc who is doing their job should ever have to cast this more often than once every 20 seconds. If you're any good at all once every 20 minutes is more than you will ever need. If regular heals are so bad that you need to use an emergency tool twice in 20 seconds, then that's just proof that they've gotten everything about our regular tools completely wrong.
    ^^ this
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Reducing cast time on the grid nanos is nice. Thank you. I use these all the time, especially for dailies. It's not going to change anything critical, but less dead time in-game is always good.

I need a break. I will finish the rest of the summary when I come back though.

Also CH is a often used tool in pvp even at 220, I haven't done a single BS round w/o using it.

Everyone please to take into consideration the effects these changes will have on both PvM and PvP. Thanks
    Last edited by Kazeran; Jan 14th, 2011 at 19:16:18. Reason: Added some stuff

well either fix regulars or fix CH

Making IC target cast instead of a team buff is a very, very nice change for when you're running buff clinics in bor. But it seems unfair for low level twinks that it now takes 40 NCU to get the same 20/20 str/sta doctor buff that you can get in 26 NCU with the current line. I'm also not aware that the enfo str/sta buffs are being split in this way. If you're seriously taking the scale mod away on everything, then it would make a lot more sense here to just take enlarge out of game, make IC target cast with the same NCU and 20/20 str/sta stats as now, and leave it at that.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 20:16:32.

man im talking about low level pvp which u have no clue....a pvper playing a prof with dd like a shade for example will drop a doc in 20 secs on lower levels

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Everyone please to take into consideration the effects these changes will have on both PvM and PvP. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    man im talking about low level pvp which u have no clue....a pvper playing a prof with dd like a shade for example will drop a doc in 20 secs on lower levels
    What this points out yet again is that what we really need are some appropriate, well thought global adjustments to toolsets, to reflect the fact that the tools are used in very different ways, and combat has significantly different dynamics, in PvP vs. PvM. Just like we had a global damage nerf; a global debuff duration nerf and a global team aura/buff nerf, etc. would make equal sense and help loads with the ability to balance toolsets for both uses without wrecking or making them OP for the other. Maybe a global reduction of 50-80% in all local cooldown times across the board would solve the general problem that PvP is inherently much faster paced than PvM. It might even be possible to accomplish many of the uniform global nerfs / bonuses needed by just making a single hostile nano that launches when you enter /duel, BS, etc., and which adjusts all of the needed stats accordingly (including a huge runspeed buff for lowbie BS has been suggested before, along this same line). That would eliminate at least some of the problem of adding "target =" checks to hundreds of tools individually, which is obviously not a good means for accomplishing this sort of thing.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 20:05:37.

don't moan about being required to care for your nano. that's the whole point. healing was completely dumb before. if that puts a bullet into 2 manning pande or things like that, i can only applaud the changes.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

OK, digging through the docs (now bleeding from the eyes) I'm not actually seeing anything gamebreaking from a endgame doc point of view. The fact that the DB team heals were basically infinitely spammable meant I could do most encounters just pressing that one button. Now this will make it a lot more focused on making smart use of target heals. Also to those people saying you will need 2 docs for raids - we are not the only source of healing, maybe these changes will push support healing professions harder.

To be honest I'm more interested in the how this will effect froob endgame docs. As bling said, on a paid toon it's rare I have to use iCH. The only time I can recall using it is for big pulls in pande. However in the froob game CH is very heavily used. I'm seeing a boost to LE, but are the new nanos in the target heal line going to be available to froobs?

Overall I like the changes, bar the fact that I think UBT duration is too short for PvM, but the rest looks set to create a more challenging doccing style for PvM.
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    don't moan about being required to care for your nano. that's the whole point. healing was completely dumb before. if that puts a bullet into 2 manning pande or things like that, i can only applaud the changes.
    Thanks for reading any of the thread or putting forth anything valuable in the discussion.

If your going to say something like that try adding some details so we know where you are coming from and why you are saying what you are. Right now it looks like yet another troll post.

Actually one quick note. Docs with the nano kit from the paid store are going to have a distinct advantage. Really not sure that's a good thing.

I'm interested to see if there is going to be changes to standard kits and stims to make them more effective. Seems the amounts they give are not aimed toward this kind of high nano output.
    Last edited by Sheffsammie; Jan 14th, 2011 at 19:59:39.
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) E - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) E - Sheffsammy (200/0 NT) E - Sheffie (200/0 Trader) E - Sheffix (200/0 Fixer) E
    Sheffs (220/30/70 Doc) Crit - Nabcake (220/30/70 NT) Cheap & Effective - Sheff (220/30/67 Agent) Equip Undecided
    RK2 Neutral - Grey Area

Also, for what it's worth, I thought the trend was going to be for "basic" buffs to all move toward four-hour minimum durations. Making IC run for two hours, in line with the enfo buffs, would go along with this trend, and would honestly do a lot to make twinking less of an annoying scramble for people who need these to get things on. This should apply to all of the basic ability buffs like FG, ES, NS, etc. as well. The 20 and 30-minute run times seem like nothing but a holdover from the days when short times were the default, and upping run times on all these basic ability buffs won't break or imbalance anything.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 20:06:26.

Also, for what it's worth, I thought the trend was going to be for "basic" buffs to all move toward four-hour minimum durations. Making IC run for two hours, in line with the enfo buffs, would go along with this trend, and would honestly do a lot to make twinking less of an annoying scramble for people who need these to get things on. This should apply to all of the basic ability buffs like FG, ES, NS, etc. as well. The 30-minute run times seem like nothing but a holdover from the days when short times were the default, and upping run times on all these basic ability buffs won't break or imbalance anything.
    IC/enlarge as well as SFA and its sub nanos all last 4 hours. As do vaccines, nano inti and NR nanos.

Edit: As do long HP buffs.
    Last edited by Kazeran; Jan 14th, 2011 at 20:44:55. Reason: See Edit

IC/enlarge as well as SFA and its sub nanos all last 4 hours. As do vaccines, nano inti and NR nanos.
    Ah. All the bleeding from my eyes must have caused me to misread then. I thought I remembered a 20 or 30-minute run time on them, but if they're four hours, then thanks much for that change as well; much needed and very welcome.

Seriously, based on the format of these docs, I'm wondering if anyone with eyeballs over the age of 20 even works at FC anymore. Or do you all have 42-inch monitors in the office?
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 20:11:16.

Ah. All the bleeding from my eyes must have caused me to misread then. I thought I remembered a 20 or 30-minute run time on them, but if they're four hours, then thanks much for that change as well; much needed and very welcome.
    I know the feeling lol

I do believe you asked about the missing NR/nano from the nano inti line earlier, I have asked about that but haven't heard anything yet. I will also add it to the concerns lists.

I do believe you asked about the missing NR/nano from the nano inti line earlier, I have asked about that but haven't heard anything yet. I will also add it to the concerns lists.
    I can only assume it's because they upped NR somewhat on the actual NR buffs. But the max nano boost was sort of neat; it's the only buff I've seen (at least as a doc) that actually does that. And given what a pain the apf nanos are to get, they really ought to include several neat bonuses instead of just one. Yet another nano init buff on its own is pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffsammie View Post
    Also to those people saying you will need 2 docs for raids - we are not the only source of healing, maybe these changes will push support healing professions harder.
    Expecting support healers to step up and keep teams from dying because of a broken primary healing class seems like the worst possible answer here. I also don't know anyone who plays an MA or advy that is twinked in any meaningful way for support healing at endgame. They shouldn't have to do that, and they shouldn't even be able to compete with a healing focused doc on team healing. Sure, for 12-man and larger raids needing two or more docs makes sense, but if there's one doc in a six-man team, that should be more than enough in any situation.
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Jan 14th, 2011 at 20:41:47.

I can only assume it's because they upped NR somewhat on the actual NR buffs. But the max nano boost was sort of neat; it's the only buff I've seen (at least as a doc) that actually does that. And given what a pain the apf nanos are to get, they really ought to include several neat bonuses instead of just one. Yet another nano init buff on its own is pretty boring.
    I would assume the same as far as the NR goes simply because of the improvement to our NR buff but I still don't know why we had the nano taken away.

p.s No one has said anything about the slightly reduced cast times on our dots or the fact that cast time on heals stayed the same

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast