Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prisoner Elite Daily- Allow Manual Prisoner Choice

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    Unfortunately, this is also part of the trend to make everything easier.
    This isn't part of any trend to make things easier. Rolling a mission, deleting it and rerolling it isn't hard, it is just an unnecessary time synch. This suggestion has nothing to do with the difficulty level of any content, just a request to remove a broken NPC dialog.

Why are you even allowed to refuse the assignment without consequences? If you delete some other daily mission you'll get the 18 hour timer until you can pull the next one.
    All of the elite dailies rely on the completion of pre-existing content. It isn't the daily mission that you delete when you're at the Warden but the pre-existing prisoner daily that you can repeat as many times as you want.

Don't misunderstand me. I am a great fan of daily missions. I want more of them. Not only for the xp but mostly because you see new areas, you have to navigate around obsctacles, you have to adjust your play style according to your level/profession in comparison to the difficulty of the mission, etc.

But I don't understand why you want to make everything easier while bragging about "soloing them already"?
    Please direct me to where I was bragging about anything. I really have no idea what you are talking about. If you look at my original post you'll see that I am asking for the NPC's quest dialog to be revisited. Let me quote the relevant part of the post for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Suggestion: Instead of Warden Ystanes just randomly assigning a prisoner to kill, can you put some sort of text in so we can manually choose the prisoner? It's a bit of a time waster to have to keep deleting the mission and then speaking to the Warden again just so everyone on a team can get the same mob to kill.
    Please note the part that I highlighted where I specifically point out that the biggest issue with the daily is the fact that you have to jump through hoops so that everyone in your team can get the same mission. The whole process with that NPC is broken and anyone that's ever tried rolling it in a team should be aware.. I'm guessing the devs are not (which is why I posted this suggestion to start).

The problem is easily replicated:

1. Team at least one other person.
    2. Have the team go to the Warden.
    3. Have one person talk to the Warden and get a prisoner kill mission.

The result of these 3 steps is that the person who spoke to the Warden will get a mission to kill prisoner A and their team mate will get a mission to kill prisoner B. If you want to see even more of a mess.. have that first person delete their mission and talk to the Warden again. Everytime they talk to the Warden, another mission will appear in the mission log of all of the teammates that are present. If you stand their long enough talking/deleting.. your entire team will have every possible prisoner kill mission.

Now a further indication that this isn't working as intended is the fact that you cannot speak to the Warden and get multiple prisoner kill missions.. this only happens as some sort of weird side effect of being teamed with someone that is pulling a mish and deleting it. So after your team has a whole list full of prisoner missions, they'll then need to delete them if they wish to speak to the Warden the next day on that toon.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 24th, 2014 at 17:57:18.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Please direct me to where I was bragging about anything. I really have no idea what you are talking about.
    Sorry, not you specifically but "some of you in this thread", like mcnurja, Rossco, or Awikun.

The problem as I see it is, that there are two missions where the prisoners are involved.

a) The daily mission.
    b) The normal mission.

I fully agree that the mechanism to pull a prisoner is broken especially if you want to do it in a team. Your suggestion would solve that. Another possibility would be to let us copy the mission parameters from one team member to the others. The old RK mission key duplicator does just that! So why not create a key or other mission item that can be duplicated?

But a daily mission should be something else. Either you solve it or you delete it and thus have to wait 18 hours for the next one. Unfortunatly both mission types have been mixed together and that creates more problems.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Now on test server
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12