Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prisoner Elite Daily- Allow Manual Prisoner Choice

Prisoner Elite Daily- Allow Manual Prisoner Choice

Here's the text from the conversation with Warden Ystanes:

Atomicbomb: Warden Ystanes? It's me again.

The atrox waves a hand in the air quickly as if to silence you, muttering to himself for a few more seconds before nodding.

Warden Ystanes: Good to see you back, Atomicbomb. You interested in tracking down another prisoner for us?

Atomicbomb: At your service.

Warden Ystanes: Excellent. Here's your next assignment - Once you get done head back here for a quick debriefing. Good luck.

Suggestion: Instead of Warden Ystanes just randomly assigning a prisoner to kill, can you put some sort of text in so we can manually choose the prisoner? It's a bit of a time waster to have to keep deleting the mission and then speaking to the Warden again just so everyone on a team can get the same mob to kill.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

ya, he should just display a hit list and you pick what you want.

We do it now anyways by just re-rolling for the prisoner but its just an annoyance. Wouldn't take much work on devs side to fix it.
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Yes please.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

No.

Everybody would just select the easiest to kill prisoner.
    Everybody would have to wait until this dead prisoner respawns.

Randomness is good.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Yes,

It's something that you can do already, if it's not intended then remove the option to repull the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    if it's not intended then remove the option to repull the mission.
    Good plan, make it like the other dailies, you delete mission, you come back next day.

But if they add a team prisoner daily instead, you can either choose to solo one, and take your chances with the target, or a team one and work as a group to kill it.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    No.

Everybody would just select the easiest to kill prisoner.
    Everybody would have to wait until this dead prisoner respawns.

Randomness is good.
    Interesting logic except:

- The "easiest to kill prisoner" on my 220 Trader is a different "easiest to kill" prisoner than on my 220 MP which is also a different "easiest to kill" prisoner on my 220 doctor. In other words, I doubt that means that one prisoner would get camped all of the time. Right now I'm using my Trader to kill for my NT and I always select the Spiritual Prisoner.. is that the one you find easiest to do?

- We already have the option to choose a prisoner it is just annoying to have to keep deleting the mission and talking to the guy again. So if camping of one prisoner isn't happening now then I doubt it will happen later on down the line with the change I am requesting.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Bump - its just PITA as it is, having to delete to join friends - wo'nt change a bit to how it works now, would just be less annoying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I85...eature=related
    Last edited by Onkelolsen; Jan 19th, 2011 at 05:28:15.
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Or they could just change it so that you simply have to kill a prisoner, and not any one in particular.

Yes. theyre all soloable (soloed all of them (even spiritual on MA+enf)) and its getting boring to try pull easy one for leveling alt
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Or they could just change it so that you simply have to kill a prisoner, and not any one in particular.
    That would be easier.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    That would be easier.
    Agreed
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

The hidden logic behind this is..

You only need 2 endgame toons to kill any priosner. Even 1 in most cases.

The other spots are for people who need loot.

So help them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

BUMP!!! Please do something. In fact, just make it so the mission updates no matter which prisoner you kill, so you can kill whichever one is up. They're all effortless for me, I just hate having to either 1. Spend like 30minutes rolling on our whole org team to get the same one, or 2. Having to go out there and spend an hour killing like 4+ prisoners cause we couldn't all get the same one.
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

This I would support!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    Yes. theyre all soloable (soloed all of them (even spiritual on MA+enf)) and its getting boring to try pull easy one for leveling alt
    Not to be precise but this is not solo. Solo = 1 toon, this is dual logged. lol Trox math.

At end of day I hope the "fix" doesn't make it so we ONLY get a random prisoner and can no longer delete and repull one we want. Although Michi seems to be in high spirits for making players happy this week so it doesn't hurt to ask.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    The hidden logic behind this is..

You only need 2 endgame toons to kill any priosner. Even 1 in most cases.
    Rofl I soloed prisoners on level 200 Doc as well as Crat so thats hardly endgame

There should be an option to "roll as team" with random prisoner for all team members or "solo" then you can manually choose one.
    Last edited by Awikun; Oct 23rd, 2014 at 23:25:55.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Pricecuts: Actually, I was thinking I could take down a particular escapee...

Warden Ystanes: Oh? Got a personal vendetta have we? Alright, who do you want to get rid of?

Pricecuts: The Umbral Prisoner.

Warden Ystanes: Fair enough, I've updated your NCU to be specifically tuned to that prisoner, good hunting.
    Maybe something to this effect?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Suggestion: Instead of Warden Ystanes just randomly assigning a prisoner to kill, can you put some sort of text in so we can manually choose the prisoner? It's a bit of a time waster to have to keep deleting the mission and then speaking to the Warden again just so everyone on a team can get the same mob to kill.
    Unfortunately, this is also part of the trend to make everything easier.

Why are you even allowed to refuse the assignment without consequences? If you delete some other daily mission you'll get the 18 hour timer until you can pull the next one.

Don't misunderstand me. I am a great fan of daily missions. I want more of them. Not only for the xp but mostly because you see new areas, you have to navigate around obsctacles, you have to adjust your play style according to your level/profession in comparison to the difficulty of the mission, etc.

But I don't understand why you want to make everything easier while bragging about "soloing them already"?
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    Why are you even allowed to refuse the assignment without consequences? If you delete some other daily mission you'll get the 18 hour timer until you can pull the next one.
    I would say because you can hunt prisoners without it being a daily mission. It is also repeatable without daily mission.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast