Thread: Elite Mission: helping agianst OT

Elite Mission: helping agianst OT

Ok so this is the elite mish that is really easy, you go around 'finding' various high level OT targets... Major Woon and Peel Thunder etc. It's entertaining, easy and poses a high chance of getting ganked like an afk kite team if you stumble too close.

There is one that I find annoying, the Unexplained Alien Tower in Eastern Foul Plains. The location is correct, and I've seen it twice before, but seems that the thing is on a 2hr timer? Why is there part of a daily that requires you to sit around for hours? I thought the goal of the dailies were to offer the casual gamer some alternative to spawn camping/ hours assembling raid forces?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

cuz moxy is soloable by any ranged prof and NT's.

Ok so I waited around and knew something was about to happen when 3 omnis and another clanner showed up. The tower spawned, I targeted it... AS IT WAS TAKEN DOWN by an orbital effect, you know the time it takes between HP at 0, and the time you can loot a corpse. LMAO why do I feel like im trying to catch a bullet in mid flight for this daily?

I never even saw the damn tower with HP.

FC, fix this? Maybe like with a grace period with other quest mobs?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

All the Dreadloch bosses are on a long respawn timer. If you do this mission often enough you'll butt into Peal and 191 being dead a lot. I've only ever seen Woon killed successfully twice, once when Nemesis and DI thought they owned Dreads and once when my friends had an unstunnable MA tank it with two docs, so he'll always be up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

All dread bosses (and in this case placeholder) are on a 2hr timer. Grace period would suck for those who actually wanna bring those mobs down. It's a pain that most of the time at least 1 boss is not up when trying to to the elite daily... but that's the risk of the mish I guess. Just do your other dailys when one boss is not up and try it later.. not every daily mish can be done in 10-15 minutes unfortunately.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Not to be a stick in the mud and say just dont do it but..... just dont do it. Prisoner daily takes 5 mins.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yep. This daily is terribly designed, since you're likely to be stuck needing to target a mob which won't spawn for up to 2 hours. Repeatedly. I think the only way this daily could be salvaged would be to drastically reduce the spawn timer for dreadloch bosses, and I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Just don't select it.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Why not make it a 1 hour respawn timer, 1 hour grace period timer?

That way the mob is up as often as it is down, and it doesn't change the timers for the farmers at all.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Grace is as annoying as hell. You've grabbed a few friends, you find a dread that's up, you all get ready... damn thing's in grace, you might have to wait 45 minutes, and you can't even see how long it'll be.

If they really want to salvage this mission, they could make the adds the targets.

Byracka iddqd

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Grace is as annoying as hell. You've grabbed a few friends, you find a dread that's up, you all get ready... damn thing's in grace, you might have to wait 45 minutes, and you can't even see how long it'll be.

If they really want to salvage this mission, they could make the adds the targets.
    in the case of peal thunder, targeting the adds would be a fun challenge, as they are in sneak. probably the only solution that would be sensible for this daily is what you just suggested. would i choose this daily if it were changed to target adds? probably not, as prisoners are quicker. but for people that dont have 220s on their other account(s), i could see them liking this change.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    in the case of peal thunder, targeting the adds would be a fun challenge, as they are in sneak. probably the only solution that would be sensible for this daily is what you just suggested. would i choose this daily if it were changed to target adds? probably not, as prisoners are quicker. but for people that dont have 220s on their other account(s), i could see them liking this change.
    I had considered that, and it'd make it a bit tricky. You'd need to be flying if you're low level, but you could pop an add out of sneak just by creeping around the area carefully.

If they were to change the mission this way, I think they'd want to put something in the mission text that tells people that. People with high level mains will already know, but it shouldn't be assumed that a lowbie doing the daily knows about the sneaking adds.

Byracka iddqd