Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thank you!

I would like to thank the devs for making two versions of box heads in-game! Such a fitting social item, I never take it off

I have played this game for a good number of years, and I have come to realize that it is a truely unique game with potential.

There is no other game like it, and I am sure that everyone else would agree with me. It's so good that it makes me want to quit, which I have done a couple of times, since it takes a lot of time away from me. But, in the end, I always end up back in the AO universe.

Despite having complaints about the game, I still have hope that AO will rise back to its former glory. Kudos to the AO Team. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by MrAce; Mar 31st, 2011 at 08:32:17.

I guess with all the nasty things I've said about the direction of AO, I could stand to say a few good things about the game.

Thank you for the great sci-fi experience. It's been a great inspiration. I especially enjoy all those crazy item descriptions. I really miss them. Rubika will possibly always be one of the greatest achievements in science-fiction, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the great years I spent breaking into the computer room at 1 am just so I could log on and play with my friends in my org. It set my standard for a social group, and since then I never really managed to fit in any sort of player organization since.

Thanks for having a game with beautiful scenery and landscapes where I could just run off and sit, completely isolated from the world. After my fixer got fgrid, I was able to finish up the list of interesting locations on the old Arcanum. The crazy, unexpected things you might just run into on Rubika with no explanation but your own imagination... never found it anywhere else.

Thanks for the IP system, where there's always something new just around the corner. I used to sit on test server and twink the nights away.

Thank you for the great memories I had in the oldschool instances. ToTW, especially. Someone should really go back and give those designers a solid gold medal.

Thanks for the Newland roof, Bronto burger in Ent, Rome red Grid, omni-ent grid and other assorted gathering places over the years. It makes me sad that you might enter Newland now and no longer see the atroxes dotting roofs like so many metropolis pidgeons. Gone are the days of the support beam disco, but I suppose all things end in their own time.

So, thanks for the good memories.

Well... some are mixed.
    Whenever I see the name "Atrox" pop up anywhere, I will still mentally flinch as a burly man in a thong does the chicken dance. I guess that's the most remarkable legacy AO will ever leave behind.

Love it love it love it - can't get enough!!

Thanks to all who keep it running!
    Omegathree 220/70/30 doctor
    http://smu.gs/10VjCqh

Hoping the engine and other tweaks can bring this game back on the mmo map somewhat.

Still no real good sci-fi mmo out there that isn't about space ships

2001 here also and I greatly appreciate the No Reclaim, it was one of the best things, less time between rezzing because no need to reclaim anymore taking more time
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I just want to thank the current team working on polishing this gem

you guys are doing great
    I absolutely love Dark Ruins,
    Neretva was fun and challenging

I'd like to see a lot more content like dark ruins ingame.

Also, I am happy to see the direction things are going with rebalance, new engine and polishing old stuff like the icons, keep it up and take as long as you need, it's more important to have it done right than to have it done right now.

I'm very glad to hear that you are reworking new player experience, i'd love to be a part of playtesting it when it comes out.

in short, keep up the good work and don't mind the trolls.

Thanks for Froobs, all those little fiddley little trade skill options that make me feel like I'm actually doing something, events, pointing me in the direction of GSP while running about the Subway, and having the patience of Job when it comes to trolls. (Seriously, I thought working in a call centre took iron-clad skin!) And not to forget the humour! First time I saw a leet I nearly fell off my chair laughing. And as for that Wonderful Statue of The Goddess Summers description! Sure I have my share of peeves, but they don't stop me loving the game as a whole and wanting to say "Ta".
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    True story: I often use Spider Jerusalem as an avatar on other forums.

Transmetropolitan ftw.
    Spider Jerusalem is an EPIC character, sadly I can't post my favorite Spider quote here, Anarrina would be all Anarrina over me...

Thanks for the free t-shirt I got at the fan gathering last year, sadly I forgot it at an afterparty. Could I please have a new one?

Thanks to Means for all the help fixing stuff for me!

Ok, this is making me a little nauseous, gonna go troll the Balance forum for a bit.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

the last patch looks real great. Great job dudes
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

I'll admit i've bashed AO a few times had a QQ here and there ,but there is no other game like AO it's the best mmo simple as that. The next patch looks great and i look forward to that, i think people just get a little heated and have a whine because they love the game and are passionate about it that's all.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Thank you for the greatest mmorpg of the them all, especially for the snowball nano, social LOTV-pet, Darks Ruins, the annual events, morphs, DB1/2, LoX, Shunpike, visual effects, Scheol, witty NPC dialogues, Pande, s35, Marvin @ 10-3, all the great boyz and girlz; ingame / the forums / dev team, to mention a few things.
    Proctorial 220/30/70 Crat setup
    Freedonnadd 220/30/70 MA setup
    Patentia 220/30/70 Engi setup

Raidwipe 220/30/70 Doc
    ····crat··cratcrat···········crat·····cratcratcrat
    ·crat·····crat···crat······cratcrat·······crat
    crat······cratcrat·······crat····crat·····crat
    ·crat·····crat··crat····crat·crat·crat····crat
    ····crat··crat····crat··crat······crat····crat

--------------- ··· The One Profession ··· ------------------
    Oh no! A crat sprung! It's crawling with crats! You failed disarming the crat!
    MassDestruct 200/20 NT · Goonish 60 Enfo saved on newbie island o.o

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123