Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Traders

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    With a de-buff duration lower than the buff duration you won't need a drain pet any more.
    You can pre-drain on yourself, seems like a bit of a boon to me.
    No you can't. Traders will be immune to their own drains.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Mh, did Kintaii state that somewhere? I don't see it in the document. The debuff and buff part are each in their own line. But I wouldn't be surprised to see a not Self tag on the drains.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

"You cannot attack yourself" ?
    If that's the case then no one will ever accidentally drain them-self, which is still a boon for new/bad players.

Either way is going to have advantages.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Larafina View Post
    "no more cookie cutter running with GTH on myself and tabbing everything in sight" always good to have disscussions with players being well informed of the latest (almost a year now) changes to the toolset of the disscussed proffession.
    It is still making things easy no matter how much you want to cry at its nerf.

+ A pro tip year in your planet equals a few earth months.
    Last edited by Taranide; Jan 24th, 2011 at 09:31:50.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

The biggest nerf for lowbies trader has yet to come...

I expect a Level Locked on mochams.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I have 4 lowbie trader twinks, and my 5th and 6th are almost done.

Noone's twinks will be as affected as mine, and yet I think this is a brilliant decision. I shouldn't be able to take down 5 to 10 people on one character, noone should be.

Traders have been the superior force in TL1-4 PvP for far too long, and are in the top tier of TL5 and TL7 PvP profs.

They will still have a good defense at TL7 via the Beauty of Life style healing they're getting access to and the crippling nano drains which will shut down many casting profs.

For once they'll have to put up with not being the best possible twink at almost every level. Please, cry me a river!

This change will be about bloody time, and even people with trader twinks admit that

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    I wonder how you would react if i tell you, that i know everything about soldiers, just because i have a TL3 one.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

They will still have a good defense at TL7 via the Beauty of Life style healing they're getting access to and the crippling nano drains which will shut down many casting profs.
    Drains nerfed next to uselessness, NBD shortened, loosing a ton of aad, slapping a nanoresist check on our heal and raising it's nano requirements to a level where we would need mochams, all procs/drains landed and a pocket-trader to cast it reliable....yeah, the first thing i would do is jump in here and claim that trader will have a good defense and compare their heal with BoL.
    Syy

Noone's twinks will be as affected as mine
    You re that special ?

But I agree, these changes are good for low levels.
    I think it will be even better if they nerf mochams too.
    I even think FC should nerf the nano drains a tad... or we will see 1 trader depleting full nano pool of an opponent in 5sec.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    The biggest nerf for lowbies trader has yet to come...

I expect a Level Locked on mochams.
    I wouldn't count on that, actually. They didn't put level locks on single tradeskill buffs, which will buff by 140, and look very much like engi-mochies. I think this implies that mochies won't be level locked.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

So, why a 15s duration on drains in PvM?

Why doesn't this debuff get the same treatment as other hostile nanos, having a seperate duration for PvP and PvM?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

tl;dr it all but i have to say a few things.
    Im sorry you decked out your 164 trader and it is gonna be less effective @ OP, but these changes are gonna improve the game i think. Towers at tl3 and below are gonna be completely different now. Trader reign as pvp untouchables has finally come to an end. After like 9 years you guys have had your fun now let other professions have a chance that is how i see it and i hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by fixyourself; Jan 25th, 2011 at 11:37:49.

ehehehe high time this happens, made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    tl;dr it all but i have to say a few things.
    Im sorry you decked out your 164 trader and it is gonna be less effective @ OP, but these changes are gonna improve the game i think. Towers at tl3 and below are gonna be completely different now. Trader reign as pvp untouchables has finally come to an end. After like 9 years you guys have had your fun now let other professions have a chance that is how i see it and i hope it stays that way.
    I seriously doubt you are eligible to build an opinion about how traders performed nine years ago with your current expertise.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I seriously doubt you are eligible to build an opinion about how traders performed nine years ago with your current expertise.
    It doesn't change the fact that tl1-tl3 traders were indeed extremely OP'd at these title levels.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    I guess I'll be the first one to do it. But if anyone doesn't notice the fact that drains cost 1k nano and last 15 secs, and the heals for tl5/4/3/2/1 traders have been nerfed, well forget trying to fix this doc. Complete trash. And the spec 4 reqs on most of the decent nanos (nearly all nano drains) evenn those with low like 900- 1.2k nano skill reqs is an added slap on the face. Plus considering how little ar u can drain now, traders are going to face a lot more dmg and have less defense, less heals.

Congratz, guys you whined enough to destroy an entire profession. Kudos
    Why do you think people whine? Trader was a profession that lean on destroying
    others players toolset to be good them self. You can still do it, but your focus should
    be on other stuff now.. Trader always been a tradeskill profession in my eyes.
    Last edited by Zonax; Jan 25th, 2011 at 14:59:06.

Blah, blah, blah. Traders are going to keep their cl buffing potential and while loosing some of their drain power they will get nano nukes. Most of the professions are just p.o.s. with their nano pools drained so if anyone thinks hes going to have some fun on lowbie notum wars on his doc or whatever he is wrong
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I hope you be right, i hate no challenge fight.. to bad i dont play doc for pvp
    Last edited by Zonax; Jan 25th, 2011 at 15:19:38.

OMG Why ppl wanna nerf one more MP nano? Just to nerf lowbie traders?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    OMG Why ppl wanna nerf one more MP nano? Just to nerf lowbie traders?
    Build crystalz plx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast