Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Traders

Maybe you guys don't comprehend this, but any prof with decent attack rating at tl1 to t5 will alpha an trader while double drained, and the healing amount for traders will be reduced at that range too. So this is ain't balance this is just plain bull destruction of a profession.

And considering I nvr had much trouble with tl7 traders at tl7, I feel pity for those who have tl7 traders.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 26th, 2011 at 22:39:34.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Err you mean any prof with more than negative AR?
    Only way to do it is kill them BEFORE getting drained. (lawlshutdownskills)
    Or get lucky at really low levels with a weapon that procs damage during the few seconds barrow strength effect is active.

Or you could be one of those NR agents, since drains don't affect aimed shot kthnxbai.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jan 26th, 2011 at 06:24:32.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

same guys who balance,are now fixing it.
    looks promising.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 26th, 2011 at 22:39:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Err you mean any prof with more than negative AR?
    Only way to do it is kill them BEFORE getting drained. (lawlshutdownskills)
    I think you missed the fact this thread is about traders after "rebalance".
    Anyone getting in negative AR after 2 drains would deserve to get pwned.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Ah so that's the fuss then?
    That traders cannot survive an opponent with positive AR?
    Forbid they have to bother with raising evades >.>
    Most of the low level ones I've talked to regard evades as a waste of IP.
    "Why bother when drain nanos put an opponent negative anyway."

Reducing the effectiveness was a needed change for low levels.
    From some of the pvp videos I've seen, even tl7 traders are capable of putting people into negative AR.
    Last edited by Esproc; Jan 26th, 2011 at 09:24:10.

for anyone above lvl 151 u'll only drain 400 ar.... that's less defense than what DoF would provide a trader. Most ppl would have 1.4 to 1.5k after those drains. plenty enough to destroy a trader. So please esproc, who has negative after a trader drains them at t3/4/5?

Maybe those nanos shouldhave lower nr checks at last if they are so weak. It doesnt really matter if they drain 200 or 300 or 400 as it is to low anyway to evade perks from AR oriented professions but at last there should be a chance to land it. tl5 casters were already hurt with mini hhab implementation, now this crap...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    for anyone above lvl 151 u'll only drain 400 ar.... that's less defense than what DoF would provide a trader. Most ppl would have 1.4 to 1.5k after those drains. plenty enough to destroy a trader.
    How much evades/aad do TL5 traders reach in a usable set-up ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

It depends what do you mean by "usable". Is a setup with 30s+ AS recharge and ql 225 silverback 50% effective before drains usable one?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I don't know, I expect those actively playing TL5 trader twinks to know what can be defined as usable. Maybe I should have said 'common twink setup' or something like that. The idea was to avoid theoritical auno setups with just every single evade/aad item, regardless of it being a good idea or not.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    I don't know, I expect those actively playing TL5 trader twinks to know what can be defined as usable. Maybe I should have said 'common twink setup' or something like that. The idea was to avoid theoritical auno setups with just every single evade/aad item, regardless of it being a good idea or not.
    With the setup Ciekafskys trox trader has in auno I'd guess 150 trader with QU / without Wit running would end up around 1200-1300 dodge range, 1050-1150 evade/duck and 320ish add all def. So around 1520-1620 dodge and 1370-1470 evade/duck.

No idea about viability. Correct me on that.
    Last edited by XenonDe; Jan 26th, 2011 at 16:33:11. Reason: typos
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

for anyone above lvl 151 u'll only drain 400 ar.... that's less defense than what DoF would provide a trader. Most ppl would have 1.4 to 1.5k after those drains. plenty enough to destroy a trader. So please esproc, who has negative after a trader drains them at t3/4/5?
    I think we are splitting hairs on what we regard as low levels here.
    IMO 151+ is mid levels, not low levels.

HH@B and it's mini version are severely OP items that were "intended" to allow low level toons to compete with higher level casters.
    Obviously this was a silly idea, and the items either need to be toned down or have a drawback added.

Since TL7 still seems to manage landing enough drains, likely traders need a nano in between Blunt Defense and Disable Defense.
    And probably to setup a bit more aggressively for nano AR over weapon AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Since TL7 still seems to manage landing enough drains, likely traders need a nano in between Blunt Defense and Disable Defense.
    And probably to setup a bit more aggressively for nano AR over weapon AR.
    Yeah, we will drain them till they bend over and die of shame.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    With the setup Ciekafskys trox trader has in auno I'd guess 150 trader with QU / without Wit running would end up around 1200-1300 dodge range, 1050-1150 evade/duck and 320ish add all def. So around 1520-1620 dodge and 1370-1470 evade/duck.

No idea about viability. Correct me on that.
    These numbers are correct, cept that at tl5 u'll miss IPs do raise duck/exp.

So my trox trader didn't max duckexp (i got 900ish, still pretty a waste considering traders alphas), but maxed NR that varies from 1050-1130 (i howswap stuff), 1100ish evade close and 1260 dodge + wit, add all def was 370 or kinda .

Now my stats will go lower btw, as for the most of traders, after rebalance.

U know strip -> medsuits -> a skill wrangler life (for weird tips, be prepared).
    Last edited by Drakeep; Jan 26th, 2011 at 20:08:37.

In my finished setup, I got 1950 dodge def with add def calced in. But i have nearly every item for dodge, my evade close and duck is lower. Though as it stands it's very hard to even get my 2nd drain off with minihhab. So I don't see any viablity for traders any more at any twink range.

And i can guarantee enfs will perk me thru double drains. Not much of a defense left at all for traders.

Quote Originally Posted by police View Post
    same guys who balance,are now fixing it.
    looks promising.
    Does words are totally out of proportion, do you even know that your playing a mmorpg ?

Things that was designed in 2001 doest not mean to be balanced in 2011. When new content
    perks and skills are continuously added. Its ok to use your brain before you post such a flaming.

Some people should never play a mmorpg but rather stick to First Person shooter where the
    game is 1 time designed and never changed..good luck with that fun for 1 week..

/Prostrate to Funcom

Learn to adept ..
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 26th, 2011 at 22:40:27.

In my finished setup, I got 1950 dodge def with add def calced in. But i have nearly every item for dodge, my evade close and duck is lower. Though as it stands it's very hard to even get my 2nd drain off with minihhab. So I don't see any viablity for traders any more at any twink range.

And i can guarantee enfs will perk me thru double drains. Not much of a defense left at all for traders.
    When i saw the mini hh@b coming in the game, i stopped my trader at 150, just in time Since having played a 172nt for more that one year, i figured out how traders was supposed to fight against an nt with that op ring on, for not to mention enfos,docs.

At least tl5 nts in off focus, are quite fragile, if u don't go rambo style, and move around in bs with a DD, they cracks quickly. An enfo resisting your drains, that isn't a such remote possibility since they can't reach over 2k nr easily, instead will instagank you even if u are supported by someone else.

Now, thinking to the promises of a bright future that we traders had, and matching em with what we got, im looking at the promises that nt comunity got (real pvp aoe nukes,the wonders of nanoweaving etc..), and im thinking, since we trader are now passive nanobattery, proly nt will became passive healthbattery.

Sincerly lols.

PS: 'we traders ' is a big word, since im QQ
    Last edited by Drakeep; Jan 26th, 2011 at 22:01:19.

Watch the language, people
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Watch the language, people
    This time im innocent!
    Or?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonax View Post
    Does words are totally out of proportion, do you even know that your playing a mmorpg ?

Things that was designed in 2001 doest not mean to be balanced in 2011. When new content
    perks and skills are continuously added. Its ok to use your brain before you post such a flaming.

Some people should never play a mmorpg but rather stick to First Person shooter where the
    game is 1 time designed and never changed..good luck with that fun for 1 week..

/Prostrate to Funcom

Learn to adept ..
    someone edited my text to mean something completely different,so if that peep is reading your post maybe he will answer to you and you can chat with him.

Some people play chess and some people will play chess after 1000 years passed with same original rules.
    some people played ao now they play wowclone ao.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast