Thread: Which server is more popular/noob friendly?

Which server is more popular/noob friendly?

This is probably a relative question, but as a total newbie I have no idea if I should be playing on Atlantean or Rimor.

Is there any difference in the community on either?

Do either have a higher population?

I made it off of the starter island and it seems like the city I was in (Boralis) was fairly populated on Rimor, but I'm worried about staying on a server that's only like that in a few spots or the population is slowly shrinking.

If it matters, I'm not really interested in PvP (at least for now), and am mostly looking for people to enjoy chatting with while I'm leveling and having fun.

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I'm on the west coast (Vancouver, Canada).

Thanks
    Last edited by Terrabyte; Jan 27th, 2011 at 01:54:56.

They both have the same population. Only one has more afk people. Id go with RK 1! We got public raids for all factions and all levels .
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by Terrabyte View Post
    This is probably a relative question, but as a total newbie I have no idea if I should be playing on Atlantean or Rimor.

Is there any difference in the community on either?

Do either have a higher population?

I made it off of the starter island and it seems like the city I was in (Boralis) was fairly populated on Rimor, but I'm worried about staying on a server that's only like that in a few spots or the population is slowly shrinking.

If it matters, I'm not really interested in PvP (at least for now), and am mostly looking for people to enjoy chatting with while I'm leveling and having fun.

EDIT: If it makes any difference, I'm on the west coast (Vancouver, Canada).

Thanks
    OMG another Canadian! I thought we were a rare breed!

I'm sure both RK1 and RK2 are going to speak up and say "we're better, screw the other side" so it really doesn't matter which side you pick. RK 1 does have more old school players as that was the first choice dimension for a number of years but truthfully, there isnt much difference.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Flip a coin. Heads you pick RK1. Tails you pick RK2. You will end up finding approximately the same number of helpful people.

Either way, welcome to AO & good luck!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

RK1 is better, we give all newcomers full AI armor, IGOC's, and beast armor for free.

I've played some on both servers, and they seem fairly alike. RK1 seems somewhat more newbie-friendly as a whole, but you'll find no shortage of helpful folks on rk2 either. RK2 also has useful tools like the Neutnet bots which will make your life ever so much easier in higher levels.

rk1 got the best pvpers :P and rk1 will be longer online than rk2 i bet :P
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2