Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 28th, 2011 - We have arrived!

Funcom employee Friday with Means - January 28th, 2011 - We have arrived!

If we haven't responded to mails you have sent over the last few days...there is a reason!

Most of the AO team has freshly landed in Montreal! After a long trip on Tuesday transporting as many of our earthly goods as possible we finally made it to our temporary accomodation here in Montreal. The team made quite a pile of luggage at the airport with many bags + two cats and my large dog. The jetlag has been a relentless horror after two panicked weeks of trying to pack down two houses and 4 horses...it is simply amazing how much stuff you can pile up in seven years. Many thanks to friends who helped me try and empty out our home...I am going to miss living there in the house where my two kids spent the first years of their life. It was a truly unique location (Oscarshallveien 6) and I truly doubt we'll find anything like it again. I'll miss pushing cows out of my way while walking to work in the summer. It was nice having the King as a neighbor...but he never called or stopped by...too busy sailing I guess...being a King keeps you busy. It has been great to catch up with some of the many Funcomers who moved here last year...feels more like coming home than starting somewhere new.

The AO team will be the first occupants of the new 3rd floor in the Montreal Office...which is *almost* complete. As I type this the workmen are doing a great job installing the glass in the front of my new office...they have done a great job getting things together on a very tight timeline and this new space looks great. During the next few days we will be running around and trying to get the new environment up and running so we can get back up to speed as soon as possible.

Anyways...I have some desks to move around and some cables to find then plug in.

Bonjour Canada!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

welcome to north America!
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

So how fluent are your kids in Norweigan?

Always wondered.

Hope you enjoy yourselves in Canada, since now you have a new slice of the playerbase (probably a much larger one at that) with easier access to you guys in case we need to bring out the pitchforks
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

213472634th
    ''Sugge''
    ''Epedemic''
    and some other Sick.... Terminat0rs

Yahoo! Glad you guys are settling in okay. h00t h00t for the AO team!
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

9th.

And what Dancingrage said in 4th .

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    ETA on MP document, please?
    I couldn't have said it better. *Arming Whiner with pitchforks*

no.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I like cookies.

Give Pics of your stuff in boxes in Canada!

OOh first time on first page =)
    Ra, ra, ra the bot,
    gently down the lag.
    Happily killing clammers,
    rezzing's such a drag.

Hongkong Phooy 220/27/70
    Codexier 60/6/14
    Whosgotammo 150/13/38

So how much has this moving endeavor pushed back development of the new engine you haven't talked about at all the last several weeks? First month of Q1 2011 is almost coming to an end, 2 months until yet another ETA is broken.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    So how much has this moving endeavor pushed back development of the new engine you haven't talked about at all the last several weeks? First month of Q1 2011 is almost coming to an end, 2 months until another ETA is broken.
    after moving in they get surprised by summer... so 2012
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

You'd better come back to Norway and host another kickass party soon! \o/

(This post is in no way meant as a threat)™

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    /thread

Booyah!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I hope you love your new home!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast