Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timeline of PVP in AO

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Yes, my engineer going from 1100 AR with a bow to 2500 AR with pistol was a massive boost, too bad it wasn't enough to perk anybody even with 80% perks.
    Engis are more than capable of getting higher than a gimpy 2500 AR, maybe you should try getting some AR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    People were bitching about AS before he rolled his first froob.
    rolled first froob in 2003 iirc.

/whois drred on on RK1. Dunno when people started whining about AS tho.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    err, do live in a world of fixers?

how is it not possible to perk people with 2500 AR and 80% perks?

2500/0.8 = 3125 evades rating or lower.

I gaurantee theres a lot of people with 3125 or lower.

You may be experiencing the problem with ranged advies tho: full blown Def setups because of 80% perks and AS. nerf that eh.
    Man, I wish this math was relevant.

Unfortunately, defchecks don't apply to AAD. A toon with 2876 def vs. ranged can evade Mostadio's perks if he has 2500 AR, provided 1k of that toon's def comes from AAD.

Somehow, I suspect this is not news to you, and that you simply ignored it in an attempt to make your argument appear more convincing than it is when you merely consider the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Engis are more than capable of getting higher than a gimpy 2500 AR, maybe you should try getting some AR.
    They are indeed capable of much higher AR, especially if they use the aMEP. This does not however affect their AR with pistol perks, which remains pistol skill + AAO, despite the aMEP's crazy attack skills.

An engineer with full CC, defense 2.5k tokenboard and masterpiece/superior combat tuners can expect to hit 2620 AR with pistol perks, however, this is so detrimental to the engineer's survivability due to extremely low HP that even if this somewhat boosted AR figure does allow the engineer to perk someone they couldn't perk with 2.5k AR, they will tend not to live long enough to actually use their entire alpha.
    Last edited by -Stage-; Feb 2nd, 2011 at 04:56:53.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Man, I wish this math was relevant.

Unfortunately, defchecks don't apply to AAD. A toon with 2876 def vs. ranged can evade Mostadio's perks if he has 2500 AR, provided 1k of that toon's def comes from AAD.

Somehow, I suspect this is not news to you, and that you simply ignored it in an attempt to make your argument appear more convincing that it is when you merely consider the facts.

They are indeed capable of much higher AR, especially if they use the aMEP. This does not however affect their AR with pistol perks, which remains pistol skill + AAO, despite the aMEP's crazy attack skills.

An engineer with full CC, defense 2.5k tokenboard and masterpiece/superior combat tuners can expect to hit 2620 AR with pistol perks, however, this is so detrimental to the engineer's survivability due to extremely low HP that even if this somewhat boosted AR figure does allow the engineer to perk someone they couldn't perk with 2.5k AR, they will tend not to live long enough to actually use their entire alpha.
    err, good point, I actually just did the math wrong.

So, what youre saying is that engies have to choose between wtfomgIpwnzeveryonewithperks, or wtfomgIsurvivedtheapocalypsebutmypetspwndyou?

not a bad choice I guess.

Lots of profs are choosing between facerolled in 10 seconds vs facerolled in 12 seconds. I guess engies are pretty hard done by.

expect to hit 2620 AR with pistol perks
    wtfomgIpwnzeveryonewithperks
    Which facts would you like to overlook next?

Byracka iddqd

Which facts would you like to overlook next?
    are you honestly trying to ellicit a positive response from ANY non-engi prof about this?

What is your objective? because it sounds to me you're trying to gain support about engies not being able to perk everyone... which makes me think you're not paying attention, because, well, simply put, nobody except NT's, REALLY can perk everyone.

If that isn't your objective, the only other plausible scenario I can see here is that you're trying to get sympathy from us because the setup that gives you 2610 AR isn't one that ALSO gives you near perfect survivability.

If thats the case, you should really start looking at other professions.. start with the other 13 that engies faceroll without half a thought, for starters.

Everyone needs to give up defence for AR, except soldiers.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Feb 2nd, 2011 at 05:36:17. Reason: didn't need to be rude.

I am not interested in sympathy. I'm not sure whether engineers should or should not be able to perk more people, and I have not been discussing that. Some people have posted incorrect data, and I have corrected some of it.

Byracka iddqd

Nice topic again and luckily the most fun part of it all: ... It's not up to you...

Power rangers ... Uhmmm ... FunCom GO!

AS ftw piew piew piew Pepe Le Pew.

If thats the case, you should really start looking at other professions.. start with the other 13 that engies faceroll without half a thought, for starters.
    lol
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

how is it not possible to perk people with 2500 AR and 80% perks?

2500/0.8 = 3125 evades rating or lower.
    Even your math is wrong. It's not just plain 2500/0.8 because AAD is not affected by def check %. Correct formulae is:

AR to perk = target pure evades * def check + target aad

Classes without good perk support for evades get lots of AAD (like 1k), so eng with 2620 AR can only perk people with just over 3k def - can get that much without any tower benefits.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

err, good point, I actually just did the math wrong.
    'Just' the math?

Rather, your premise is usually wrong, your arguments in favour of the premise are typically incorrect, your analysis of the problem is shaky at best and your conclusions, if we even want to call them that, are understandably off because of that.

Typically, your argument goes roughly like this:

- "AS is OP"
    - "It's OP because something entirely unrelated is also OP"
    - "These incorrect calculations clearly proof this"
    - "Therefore, AS is OP"
    - "And keepers need love because of this"

Anarchy Online has been aimed shot centric for far longer than that anyway. If anything, the release of Xan and Lost Eden has simply homogenized the PvE and PvP setups to the point of almost no variety anymore.

I only started around '05-'06 but even back then the endgame looked a whole lot more varied than it did now. Electrophoridae gloves + energy damage weapon of choice or BoBs were both valid ways to DD on support profs, and if you were into PvP you had better be using Zastaba/Caterwaul/Sapphistic, or Craphander. The release of Lost Eden simply coaxed a lot of the support profs back into using their intended weapons, and a lot of pistol based profs ended up using new pistols with onehanders so that they could retain the AS that they had used before with Rifle/Bow. Doctors were honestly the only profession that really gained AS back through the release of the AS pistol, since most of them had gone with dual doc pistols for the DoT.

I'm on the same boat as everyone else at this point though. FC has stated that they're changing the mechanics of AS, and that they aren't going to release these changes before they release all the profession changes coming during rebalance. So at this point spending any more time complaining about it, unless you have a new idea for the changing mechanics, is simply wasting breath.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    'Just' the math?

Rather, your premise is usually wrong, your arguments in favour of the premise are typically incorrect, your analysis of the problem is shaky at best and your conclusions, if we even want to call them that, are understandably off because of that.

Typically, your argument goes roughly like this:

- "AS is OP"
    - "It's OP because something entirely unrelated is also OP"
    - "These incorrect calculations clearly proof this"
    - "Therefore, AS is OP"
    - "And keepers need love because of this"
    hoo boy. You learn to read? or do you have 500 monkeys typing and you just happend to press submit for this one?

Crattey, if you're too dumb to follow an argument, you should take the advice of your grandfather: sit down, shut up and listen for a change.

Ever heard the adage: better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt?

Well, thanks man, you just made my day

hoo boy. You learn to read? or do you have 500 monkeys typing and you just happend to press submit for this one?
    Those are working on Shakespeare, actually.. lazy little buggers.. have to do all my forum posting myself.

The rest of your post seems to not really be related to anything I actually said, so I'll just leave it at that, I suppose. Glad it made your day, though.

@Crattey

The "math" I did (albeit erroneously) was soley about engineers being able to perk other professions.

It had nothing to do with Aimed shot.

your post, on the other hand, seems to attack the premise of the "math" post. So, either you've changed the subject of the post without telling anyone, or you didn't read the "math" post.

Either way, it seemed far fetched. I laughed, because it seemed like you were grasping for straws and going out of your way to try to discredit me by summarizing some issues I'd raised. But, your logic has no basis, and your argument fails because you failed at connecting the argument to the subject, or you've failed to enlighten the readers about your subject, since your argument doesn't relate to the original topic.

Either way, it's a total fail, and it was a laughable attempt at a troll.

kudos for trying though :P

Wait.. weren't we done?

On the topic of the PVP timeline, you should include pre-SL and pre-AI. I think we could at least extrapolate that EQB and Kel's need nerfing. At the very least they should check NR for every AOE target.

Off topic, I wish Engis would stop facerolling Keepers.

Off off topic, Docs with AS pistols is dumb. Dual-wield regulars with burst/fling/AS makes the procs land a lot. The Tiger was good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    On the topic of the PVP timeline, you should include pre-SL and pre-AI. I think we could at least extrapolate that EQB and Kel's need nerfing. At the very least they should check NR for every AOE target.

Off off topic, Docs with AS pistols is dumb. Dual-wield regulars with burst/fling/AS makes the procs land a lot. The Tiger was good enough for me.
    I wasn't around for pre-SL and pre-AI, and therefore I can't really talk about it very well.

If anyone would like to post a blurb about these in-between times for PVP in AO?

as per doc's dual weilding with pistols+AS: totally agree, the frequency of procs going off for many of these professions is ridiculous. If a prof has a proc with a high chance to go off, and it's very powerful, it shouldn't be coupled with many specials+many chances on regulars+100% to hit specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post

I miss you Sromp
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Why give so many that is not a true stealthclass Aimed Shot?

Imo, it's sloppy game-developement. On AS I think it's a great mechanic that is suitable for certain classes, like agent, that is kinda like pure death coming at you unless you kill it before it kills you.

The whole point with diferent classess is that some things comes easier.

If you stand 2 meters to an enfo, then the enfo has the upper hand etc...or else we end up with 1 class and the combat reduced to maths/passive fighting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast