Thread: DM Illegal Cargo

DM Illegal Cargo

Hey guys,

After deleting the Illegal Cargo mission in Smuggler's Den just now an a 125 Advy, I think the XP to effort ratio is a little off on this one.

Mind that this is not a QQ "nurf way to difficlut!!1" post, I just think it's not in line with other DMs and the idea of DMs as a good way to get your daily boost of XP.

here's what I did:
    I tried calming my way through. This may work for Crats and maybe NTs, but Advy calms don't cut it. I ended up with aggro in every segment of the cave.

That leaves killing everything, because the aggro range of the mobs seems to be pretty expansive. I really think you can get through it no problem, it just takes way too long to be worth it. I may have slugged through it this one time, but had to take a call and was nibbled to death while afk. Next time I'll either delete or bring a calmer, which in my mind is not the idea behind the daily missions.

What are your experiences?

Certainly not my favorite and it is really painful when you get this mission 4 or 5 days running. However, the other ones (especially at this level) are so incredibly quick and easy that I don't mind leaving it in the loop. I feel the same way about "The Cup" at TL7. It's a totally easy mission, but most of the time I can't be assed to fly around RK to hand out the leaflets. I delete the mission and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

as someone pointed out to me, the illegal cargo that you're expected to retrieve is not NODROP. So, a possible alternative to deleting the mission might be to ask a kindly TL7 orgmate to run in and grab one for you or to log a higher level alt.

I find the mission rather annoying and hope to see the cargo moved.

Isn't the daily just supposed to be a quickie, not the whole play-session?
    Last edited by Lletah; Feb 2nd, 2011 at 04:49:16.

I used to feel the same way about Illegal Cargo, but now it's my absolute favorite. I use my 132 fixer to blitz down the bottom with GSF, casting snares/roots as needed. Usually I run so fast I just save my snares for the end room. I then fight 1 or 2 mobs, and bam, I get the cargo. Instant grid out, and it took me all of 5 minutes. I then repeat and get the stims for some of my alts.

This mission is great, you just have to know how to play it. I've tried to sell some stims on auction, but no one buys it. For a few million, I'd be happy to grab some stims for whoever requests it.

WTB walkthrough for shade! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Cepacia View Post
    This mission is great, you just have to know how to play it.
    And be a fixer, apparently Interestingly, it even says it's easier with higher B&E. Maybe it's just a fixer mission...

I've tried to sell some stims on auction, but no one buys it. For a few million, I'd be happy to grab some stims for whoever requests it.
    If I have to pay a few mill for, what, half a level, I might as well bite the bullet and afk at kite hill.

I WILL try it your way, though, just because it sounds like fun actually. So you lose aggro quickly and lots of mobs don't follow you into the final room?

I'd also be OK with the mission if I received it on a calmer, and yeah, for a lot of those really long DMs doing them on a higher alt or get org help is an option. Maybe FC could clarify whether DMs are supposed to be doable for a leveling toon at a good XP/time (or effort) ratio. If you're supposed to get help, than that's fine (maybe note that in the mission desc.). I just saw them as a quick, daily boost of XP to do solo.

I used to feel the same way about Illegal Cargo, but now it's my absolute favorite. I use my 132 fixer to blitz down the bottom with GSF, casting snares/roots as needed. Usually I run so fast I just save my snares for the end room. I then fight 1 or 2 mobs, and bam, I get the cargo. Instant grid out, and it took me all of 5 minutes. I then repeat and get the stims for some of my alts.

This mission is great, you just have to know how to play it. I've tried to sell some stims on auction, but no one buys it. For a few million, I'd be happy to grab some stims for whoever requests it.
    A fixer that thinks blitzing a mission is easy.......RING THE ALARMS ! RING THE ALARMS !!

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    Maybe FC could clarify whether DMs are supposed to be doable for a leveling toon at a good XP/time (or effort) ratio. If you're supposed to get help, than that's fine (maybe note that in the mission desc.). I just saw them as a quick, daily boost of XP to do solo.
    This........Remove the stupid Dungeon-quests already......lvl 50:s for cyborg barracks or then lvl 100 toons for Smugglers.... -.- ........They dont have any purpose at all. Those are eather impossible to do at those levels or then just too damn long to be either a) interesting b) worth your time. Come on, we already have Hecklerz and Cyborgs(at MORT), we dont need any other heavy-grind leveling stuff here. These missions should imo be targeted more to the casual playerbase to get reliably levels when teaming is difficult otherwise. Trying to get a high-level orgmate every single day to blitz you a mission at god-knows-where or wait at LFT for team for 3 days straight isnt a fun option.

In almost every other MMORPG(well maybe except EVE =P..) as a lowish leveling toon you can log in, start some quests or do some grinding and then log off when you have to with all that xp you have gathered. In AO, its mostly either waiting at LFT 3 hours and then logging off, or then try to gather team yourself(or ask highbie to help) for 1-2 hours, then use next 1h to actually do the quest/mish, to do one single mish. That just doesnt work anymore. Most people dont have 3h+ every day to get some little things or leveling done. At least I dont. You basically need a very good/big org (are there any ?) or multiple accounts to get any levels in decent time. Daily missions are finally one very good step to right direction, maybe too late though. Please dont ruin this opportunity to actually get people to stay in this game by making missions impossible to solo trough in decent amount of time. It doesnt mean that every single mission should be super-easy or anything like that. But flying/running to a place 100000 miles away to get slaughtered or realizing that you can never get it done in one night is just silly and it doesnt belong to this game anymore. We dont have much ppl as it is, and making simple stuff even more complex/difficult/impossible to do makes even those ppl to wonder why they play this game. Listen to these suggestions, evolve the missions and make new ones, repair/remove the dungeon missions to purely team/elite missions only. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Boxes near the start of the smuggler's den can be lock picked too. For what ever it's worth.
    Point Blank

Quick update. I tried the DM on an NT. It won't surprise anyone that it's ridiculously easy, even the bright red mobs are easily calmed.

MAYBE when there are more DMs available (hoping FC are working on more), your profession could be taken into account by the agency handlers.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    MAYBE when there are more DMs available (hoping FC are working on more), your profession could be taken into account by the agency handlers.
    Yes! Would be cool with stealth-missions etc...

I loved this DM!!! Of course I play a Fixer and a Crat sooooo.

This ones a auto-delete for me. As soon as i try and enter the instance i go into a crash-loop. Apparently my character is 'ghosted' in the instance and when i petitioned the GM couldn't help. Sucks to be me, because it's incredibly easy!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter