Thread: Old player returning for a bit.

Old player returning for a bit.

So, after logging into the forums I get "You last visited: May 14th, 2004 at 12:23:16" so I'm a little bit lost. Couldn't even remember how to get out of the Shadowlands so I jumped off the side (I seem to remember that working)

So, what's good to do for a lv183 Clan NT who's been asleep for the past 7 years? Last thing I remember was kiteing hecklers for gold bars. But now I'm getting pasted by even-con Shadowland critters.

I don't have Lost Eden or Alien Invasion, is that were everyone is?

Also I seem to have 5 bags full of immortal heads in the bank, any idea why I did that?

Oh, and "Hi everyone"
    Vedanthi Urdth Tskalt the Norn Sisters.
    Nullprogram Kreuzritter Voluspa the Others.

ingots no longer drop.

kiting hecks requires jumping and 900+ rs as they have a 40m range now

faster levelling requires travelling way the hell to inferno and either doing inf missions (mindnumbingly boring) or better yet, kiting inf spirits (also mindnumbingly boring, but can turn a profit at a tune of 2m/level/teammember) and also drops novictum which is used for something and bps of novi can be sold as well.

since you're an NT you're not really missing ALL that much from lack of le/ai/xan. cyberdecks are still the nt weapon, however at your level ithaca can still be effective as you're not encumbered by triples and thus can afford to be def focus all the time.

if you like pvp there's battlestations now (think wow bg's) where you can fight the opposing faction in a sterile capture-the-flag environment with all the benefits of killing someone but none of the drawbacks of dying. the 151-200 bs runs quite often and is oodles and oodles of fun (or so people say)

there's a new quest for some stupid-uber nanos that's levellocked to 215+ but you'll have to check ao-universe for more info on that.

i think i've touched the basics. if i missed anything i'm sure someone else will fill in the gaps

Quote Originally Posted by SilentMobius View Post
    Also I seem to have 5 bags full of immortal heads in the bank, any idea why I did that?
    Easy, youre insane, like the rest of us.

More seriously, when SL came out people kept those just in case they were used for something we didnt know.

The good news is, they dont do anything, and I dont think theyre worth more than 1 credit to a vendor either.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    ingots no longer drop.
    as you're not encumbered by triples and thus can afford to be def focus all the time.
    I've seen a lot of post mentioning "triples" what is that? Also what is the "OST" that I hear a lot of complaints about (Is there a lingo guide that I can catch up on?)
    Last edited by SilentMobius; Feb 1st, 2011 at 18:05:03.
    Vedanthi Urdth Tskalt the Norn Sisters.
    Nullprogram Kreuzritter Voluspa the Others.

OST = Out Side Tank meaning a enf/doc/adv/agent/crat/keeper is keeping the agg of mobs while lower levels kill them.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by SilentMobius View Post
    I've seen a lot of post mentioning "triples" what is that? Also what is the "OST" that I hear a lot of complaints about (Is there a lingo guide that I can catch up on?)
    Triples are NT nukes you can buy for Victory Points, gained at the Battlestation, and they're mostly for PvP.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    OST = Out Side Tank meaning a enf/doc/adv/agent/crat/keeper is keeping the agg of mobs while lower levels kill them.
    Wrong, the term "ost" comes from the swedish word for "cheese" (which incidentally is "ost"). So basically someone wanting an "OST" is asking for someone to keep the mobs aggro while they are levelling in a cheesy way.