Thread: "Are you sure you want to commit to your side?"

"Are you sure you want to commit to your side?"

So I hit 200 on my little neut enfo today, and rushed off to turn in my Albtraum doja chip I'd been hoarding. When I turn it in, I get the "Are you sure you want to commit to your side? You cannot gain xp until you do!" window, and get no xp for the doja chip, but get an 18-hour lockout nonetheless.

It seems to me this is a bit buggy and should be fixed. Either (a) do not give the reward/mission update before a person has had a chance to answer the popup or (B) (preferable) Make all XP gained before commiting go straight into pool so it's not lost forever.

Given how much effort and time it can take to farm a DOJA chip, it seems unfair to completely lose it like that.

Also, why do Neutrals still get the "commit to your side" window, now that we can go sided at 220 even?

I reported this problem just after dojas were put into the game because I had the exact same experience you had. Not changed/fixed yet I see

As you suggested, SK really should go into pool rather than being dismissed completely.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

when u ding 200 you cant get SK until you have clicked on the commit to side option - and that only comes up when you get more SK.

So when you do ding 200 kill 1 more mob, and then u get the commit to side box pop up. after that hand in the doja.

Made the same mistake myself.

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    when u ding 200 you cant get SK until you have clicked on the commit to side option - and that only comes up when you get more SK.

So when you do ding 200 kill 1 more mob, and then u get the commit to side box pop up. after that hand in the doja.

Var
    I think we all can figure out workarounds for this kind of problems, but i still think FC should actually bother to fix those instead. It only causes unneccessary confusion and frustration for new'ish players and sometimes even for the 'oldbies'.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post

Var
    I would have done that if I'd only thought about it, but I actually completely forgot that popup even happened

Still, it should be fixed somehow..... nothing quite as annoying as permanently losing a bunch of xp.

The popup should open as soon as you ding, that should help.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    The popup should open as soon as you ding, that should help.
    Indeed. Why this popup is connected to the first SK-gain you get after dinging 200 is hard for me to understand
    It's just asking for trouble as no matter what, you will have to miss 1 source of SK that way.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Feb 6th, 2011 at 16:50:57.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

The system is annoying - just recently I dinged 200 on my crat, and the next day started a daily mission, not remembering the issue with SK question. So, I finished the daily, got the "Choose your side" window, clicked yes, and got no SK for the daily. Same happened with the elite daily I turned in immediately after - question popped up again, and again no SK. So, two dailies wasted. After a lengthy discussion with a GM I ended up killing a nasc heck for 1 SK, answering the question, and then was able to receive SK as normal. Still, 2 dailies got wasted in the fashion (the GM informed me that he/she could not reset the daily mish flag) and it was rather annoying.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    The system is annoying - just recently I dinged 200 on my crat, and the next day started a daily mission, not remembering the issue with SK question. So, I finished the daily, got the "Choose your side" window, clicked yes, and got no SK for the daily. Same happened with the elite daily I turned in immediately after - question popped up again, and again no SK. So, two dailies wasted. After a lengthy discussion with a GM I ended up killing a nasc heck for 1 SK, answering the question, and then was able to receive SK as normal. Still, 2 dailies got wasted in the fashion (the GM informed me that he/she could not reset the daily mish flag) and it was rather annoying.
    Hey I remembered your awesome tl5 Crat setup! How is it going to change now that you're 200 (assuming you're still going to be a twink). My 200 Crat dinged 202 on accident so I rage quit and uninstalled
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Citymusic08 - 220/30/70 - Fixed!!!
    Alts
    Citytank Enfo 220/21 2hb love please!
    Drtrey Doc 220/17
    Citycrat Crat 202/20
    Treyeb04 Enfo 60/6 2hb here too lol
    Dealornodeal Trader 25/3 Subway Trader
    Saxobul3 Agent 150/18
    Citykeeper Keeper 200/19 BS/S7 Twink

how do you manage to ding by accident from 200 to 202? lol
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

hoho wondered why you hadnt been on BS for the last little while.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

I've rolled a new shadecase crat - there were some kinks I wanted to fix that could only be done with a reroll, however the BS range changes have given me some other ideas - whether or not you will see a melee piercing crat again, who knows Sauerkrat is levelling for 220 now - been playing on and off for almost 9 years now, its high time I actually hit 220 on some toon or other
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-