Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Feb. 11th, 2011: Brrr

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Argotach View Post
    I'm excited for the advy nanos (obviously, if you look at my sig), good policy on bringing those out early next week. Perhaps you should make a habit of not waiting until Friday so you can churn through the rest of the docs and maybe get the balance out that little bit sooner? (:
    Well, understand, just because they're not out *here* in the public doesn't mean that we're not doing anything in the background. If a doc is "finished" (and i always use that term loosely) on a Monday, and we wait until Friday to post it, that doesn't mean Genele's not already working on the next document in the meantime. Just means that we usually wait for FwM to get a bit more exposure for it. In this case, though, we wanna go ahead and get it out as soon as we can so we can start pouring through the feedback, so expect it pretty early on next week. =)

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Yuz. I guess they will patch the Clan Tier3 texture as well. OMG Time to farm the pieces >.>
    Yes - There are others she's done which we haven't posted in this thread, and she'll be continuing to work on more in her spare time as we go forward (right now she's over there working on the Superior Sentinel's set; looking forward to seeing how that one turns out). Expect lots more from her in the future. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Did you update the textures on any of the armors people wear?

P.S. Lauri <3
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

thats good to hear. but why the hell does funcom need volunteers to get things done? thaught you have skilled ppl that also got the knowledge to work on textures. ohh better forgot that sentence... when did we got any new textures in the past...must have been years ago...

why dont you post pictures from the team working on the engine? maybe some in-work-pics where they are working on their computers on it. discussing things. show us some pics from the rendering, etc. that´s what ppl wanna see. not pics of a new garrage-look-and-feel-office or anything else. thx.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Awesome new armor textures, keep it up... and yeah; show us the adv.doc!

and can't wait to the doc tier armor get a update
    Last edited by Gralmuph; Feb 11th, 2011 at 16:44:41.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Will the future armors be more "3D" rather than all the body armors being pretty much flat against the character? One of the only things I hate about AO armors is that they all look like body paints rather than actual armors. Tubes and large plates are win.

Also for the SL questline revamping, why not have one zone lead to the next one when finished? Should be simple to direct players from their ely quest to scheol, from scheol to ado, etc.
    Last edited by Gatester; Feb 11th, 2011 at 16:57:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Well, understand, just because they're not out *here* in the public doesn't mean that we're not doing anything in the background. If a doc is "finished" (and i always use that term loosely) on a Monday, and we wait until Friday to post it, that doesn't mean Genele's not already working on the next document in the meantime. Just means that we usually wait for FwM to get a bit more exposure for it. In this case, though, we wanna go ahead and get it out as soon as we can so we can start pouring through the feedback, so expect it pretty early on next week. =)
    Right, I understand all this. But speaking as the playerbase on a whole (if I may be so presumptuous), we want it and we want it done yesterday! So the early-week release works well for me (: I look forward to it

--Argo
    Tacharnan - 220/27/70 neut Advy, NEPA [s]
    Argo - 210/23 neut Fixer, NEPA
    Argottus - 183 omni Fixer (froob)
    DrZhivargo - 153/11 neut Doc, NEPA
    Tacharkeep - 150/9 omni Kipper
    Argoleech - 106 omni Tarder (froob)
    Argomp - 73 neut MP (froob), NEPA
    Tachargo - 55/6/14 neut Fixer, NEPA

RK2 | TLFivePlus | Omneut

This thread has Docaholic's seal of approval. <me waves to all the guys at the new office>

I tend to hibernate in the winter and go outside as little as possible, (which usually means shoveling snow and getting groceries)

37 days till spring (but I'm hoping it comes a wee bit earlier, I'm sick of snow already)

..Good news for our new Montrealers.. the summers are as hot as our winters are cold.

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

is it me, or is it IF anything is improved gfx wise it's done by people volunteering?

maybe that's why gfx engine never comes, everytime someone wants to do it for free and then get's a job and doesn't have the time for it anymore... aso...

looks like a long time since FC actually paid people working on AO or doing support for it =)
    (not blaming the 2 that are actually payed that are left coding, they can't do better with no resources)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Will the future armors be more "3D" rather than all the body armors being pretty much flat against the character? One of the only things I hate about AO armors is that they all look like body paints rather than actual armors. Tubes and large plates are win.

Also for the SL questline revamping, why not have one zone lead to the next one when finished? Should be simple to direct players from their ely quest to scheol, from scheol to ado, etc.
    For the armours, with the new engine update we will be adding in "normal mapping" (which is what makes flat textures appear a bit more '3D' in more modern games), but it's a manual process, meaning that we have to apply it by hand for each armour set; the textures that sezmra are currently making do *not* have the normal maps applied to them at the moment - MstrBstrd & Flaptoot do believe, however, that it should be easy enough for them to apply the normal maps to the texture work she's doing, so when the new engine hits I would be surprised if we weren't able to offer some true 'shinyness' for the work she's put forward. =)

For SL, having the key quests offer a better 'flow' between the SL zones is also something we're keeping in mind as we go through the revamps; we kinda look at redoing the key quests as an extension of revamping our overall "noob experience", and want them to be much more intuitive, logical, and sensible in terms of discovering the Shadowlands content as a whole, so things like "making them point to the different zones" is definitely a part of the effort there. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

LAWL @ complaining about the cold. My orgmates are always telling me about how cold Norway is. OK guys. ;p Don't get too excited about spring either. It's not all that nice until mid May.

Speaking of food and Montreal. My personal favourite: Stash's Cafe in Old Montreal. Best Polish food EVER (from a restaurant).
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

It's just -10C here and for some reason it's realy cold feeling...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

How about updating the SL Undercover Armors, Crep, and removing the nodrop/unique tags where applicable. Make Mystical yesdrop and give the arms a mesh while you are at it please. Some of those armors are very usable but such a pain to acquire.

Can you fix the textures of foods next? I dont like how my cake looks :/
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    - The sheer delight I experienced at getting to eat Mexican food again apparently simultaneously amused and terrified several of my coworkers.
    Eating at a place called Dos Hermanos (tex-mex) a couple of times a week. My coworkers will not go near the place. It probably has something to do with the fact that the tables are in the back of a "Mexican" groceria/laundermat.

It was -11 F here yesterday morning (no windchill). Supposed to be 38 F tomorrow...and we are all like, yes!
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

This morning it was -18 without the windchill. I've also had to shovel snow more times this year than I have in the past 3 years combined so it's been one hell of a winter. I'm running out of places to put the snow.

The textures look super. I've seen Lauri's work before so I'm not surprised but I look forward to all the updates that she'll be putting through.

As for trying out food, make sure you try the local cuisine poutine. it's nothing but a plate of heart attack but I love it. French fries smothered in gravy and cheese. It's a good thing I don't really eat it that often...I'd be huge.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    As for trying out food, make sure you try the local cuisine poutine. it's nothing but a plate of heart attack but I love it. French fries smothered in gravy and cheese. It's a good thing I don't really eat it that often...I'd be huge.
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to my first poutine - I realize there is absolutely *nothing* healthy about it but I'm a redneck so I'm ok with this. XD Just don't need to be eating it, like, every day. ;P If anyone from Montreal has any recommendations on where the best poutine is, I'm all ears. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Let the food nerds like me do research...

http://www.montrealpoutine.com/reviews.html
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Kintaii fly me out to Montreal, please?
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Btw, not to complain.. but all this retouching of old armours.. does this mean the completely horribad set of stats attached to them are going to be re-touched as well?? Updating vendor trash just seems like a waste of time, imo. Certain tier armours might pull ahead of the pack, but there is still a large bulk portion of it that was very much not worth the effort of farming, other than bragging rights. I've heard hints and omens concerning (in addition to the regular professional toolset rebalance) an item and equipment rebalance. Can you offer any sort of insight into that, that is useful to everyone?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

*whistle* Sezmra's work looks awesome, great stuff.

Lies on the no-wall-of-text tho, Kintaii, that looks to be an average size Crushing Wall of Text from you there.

Also, insert another week of MPs wondering when their doc's due out.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast