Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Feb. 11th, 2011: Brrr

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Btw, not to complain.. but all this retouching of old armours.. does this mean the completely horribad set of stats attached to them are going to be re-touched as well?? Updating vendor trash just seems like a waste of time, imo. Certain tier armours might pull ahead of the pack, but there is still a large bulk portion of it that was very much not worth the effort of farming, other than bragging rights. I've heard hints and omens concerning (in addition to the regular professional toolset rebalance) an item and equipment rebalance. Can you offer any sort of insight into that, that is useful to everyone?
    All we've said before, and all I'll say now, is that itemization *will* be a part of the rebalancing. You can take whatever you want from that statement and from some of the armour sets shown. Even *without* any statistical upgrades, however, the wealth of unique armour sets in Anarchy means that, in combination with the social tab, even if a set isn't directly desirable in terms of stat benefits, players can use the newly "shinyfied" armours to help achieve a unique visual look for their character.

I won't sit here and say that, even after the itemization portion of the rebalancing, every single armour set we have will be what people consider "good" for their character. But with the new textures that sezmra is graciously providing for us, we can offer people better looks for their characters by breathing some new visual life into some of the older, more iconic sets. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

This probably isn't the best time to mention that while you cats are all freezing your tails off I'm in sunny Southern California where it's been upper 70's F and occasionally even 80 F here. Only drawback is the thick mutagen-laden haze of smog that coats everything around in a fine layer of death dust.

Wow, I really really love the new armor textures. Secundus looks so amazingly sexy and it was a great job changing the omni tier armor to blue rather than purple :P

textures look awesome!
    i can't wait for the adventurer doc to be released....and can't wait for the engine to be released...

Mmmmmm sezmra.

We need 5 of you!

Kintaii: have you found a suitable garbage can yet?
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    This probably isn't the best time to mention that while you cats are all freezing your tails off I'm in sunny Southern California where it's been upper 70's F and occasionally even 80 F here. Only drawback is the thick mutagen-laden haze of smog that coats everything around in a fine layer of death dust.
    And fires, mudslides, earthquakes, state insolvency, overcrowding, logjammed freeways, and a roughly 33% mix of illegal aliens.

I miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

47 days left of q1 2011. The engine is here soon guys. Awesomeness!

Those new armor textures are beautiful... but that great artist should be working on what people with taste wear... I mean:
    - the E-peen t-shirt
    - the red xmas boxers (though the halloween boxers look classy too)
    - the white shoes and socks
    - the red sleeves from beast
    - the candy bars backpack

You cannot leave the tasteful elite behind!!
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Nice to see the tier armours being updated, hopefully some of the professions with less visually appealing tier sets get a revamp too
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    And fires, mudslides, earthquakes, state insolvency, overcrowding, logjammed freeways, and a roughly 33% mix of illegal aliens.

I miss it.
    Hey, can't have it all. I moved here and watched forest fires cook about half surrounding area around me, I took a picture that looks like someone set off a nuclear blast a few miles away from my position when I took the picture, mushroom cloud and all.

The sharper textures look great. The enforcer tier is a vast improvement on what it was (especially the pants that were always so low res), though it would of been nice if the design on the chest and back extended to cover pelvic area on front and tapered off to a spinal cord shape on back.

*jedi mind trick* You want to retexture the tinfoil hat and dustbrigade trooper armor.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Hooray for sezmra!
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Also, insert another week of MPs wondering when their doc's due out.
    Kintaii dont like us, DR /pet attack Kintaii <3
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Great
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Better than 85F/30C with 75%ish humidity every single day a year! >.> And i see dragonflies every single day and bats every single night \o/

P.s.: WTB Clan Tier 3 MP new texture pic!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    All we've said before, and all I'll say now, is that itemization *will* be a part of the rebalancing....
    so after nano docs are all done, there will be gear documentation as well? or will that go quicker?

I'm fully aware that I will get flamed for saying this next bit by a fanboi or two, but how long will the rebalance get stretched out for? most players are settled with the idea that the new engine wont likely hit live servers this year, but many still care about rebalance, and the thought of rebalance still being in the works months from now is a coffin in the nail for many players, and possibly more that im not aware of.

/flameshield ON
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

The armors look great.

Can't wait for the advie nano doc. I can nearlly already hear the whines, one way or another (though given what we know of perks so far, nano would need some really hard nerfing to even come close to satisfy the advie haters crowd...)

Don't go out naked Kintaii!
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

The art is pretty nice.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Just wait till you get a -30/40 C day. Those are just fun.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast