Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Feb. 11th, 2011: Brrr

Question good or bad - choose your side!

*** deleted ***

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    if the rk3 scenario happens to rk2 then omni will get towers + side xp back^^ on rk3 it was mostly clans that canceled cause they were bored and got everything out of the game while bs was dead, nw was dead, pvp in general was dead after we got all tl5+7 sites over a long time... also during the SB+OS period.... game over. the server got more and more empty every day. the last 2 years there were mostly omnis left on rk3. you can see that on rk1 now, omni got a lot more ppl from rk3 active in pvp.

i hope funcom will react fast enough this time if rk2 gets too empty. on rk3 we had to fight for over 2 years to get this merge-thing done. you can imagine how many ppl quit in those 2 years where pvp was dead and you had to dual-log allways to get some pvm stuff done.

actually it´s not that big player-count difference on rk1. if you watch the trackers clan is ahead with some numbers... in some other timezones omni got more. it´s just the lack of leadership that makes you loosing towers. i remember the last tl7 fights. ~65 omnis against ~70 clans (10+ were afk!). omni completely whiped while clan lost less than 10.

so if you want balance between the 2 factions, i suggest work on the leadership and the broken relations between some omni orgs. i allways have to laugh when i see omni orgs ganking eachother in bore
    ^^ bump for that. omni on rk2 currently does no have any real "rally the people" leadership. if it did, it would be apparent. (neutnet spams telling people to join pvp bots doesnt count. pvm toons joining a tower battle are fodder at best)

--------------

(rp wise) the clans exist primarily because of the presence of omni-tech, in an effort to fight against the "evil" corporation. the clans primary objective is to take down omni-tech. Omni-tech, on the other hand does no exist because of a rebel uprising, and defending against the clans is only one of many objectives, but not its primary one. its not surprising more pvp'ers go clan from the get go. thats not to say clan have more players, but pvp'ers most likely. wasn't always that way, but in the past few years its clearly obvious that clan pvp'ers outnumber omni pvp'ers in general.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Feb 14th, 2011 at 19:08:06.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Meanwhile, Genele's sent the first-run draft of the Adventurer nano changes off to the Professionals this week for feedback - We're actually going to try and get this one pushed out for you guys early next week (rather than waiting for next Friday's FwM post) so keep your eyes peeled on the Balance Discussion forums come next Tuesday or Weds. This document features some of the largest changes we've released so far, and I personally feel like a lot of the work we've done make Adventurers a much more entertaining, challenging, and interesting profession to play in the long run. Definitely going to be a lot to discuss either way, so keep watch next week and get ready to offer your feedback on the planned new designs and directions for Adventurers. =)
    Feed it to the public, gieve it to use. Naohhhh (Arnorld Swatrznecker Naohhh :P)

Soon...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Kintaii I must ask (unsure if this will be answered) When you talk about itemization and revamp of maps...

1) When you speak about itemization, are you guys literally going to inspect each item (well mostly anyways) and tweak them? Are you going to tweak all aspects or just visuals?

2) Map revamp, will there be a rescaling of difficulty and exp gain from all mobs in the different zones on both RK/SL? I am extremely curious about this even as a seasoned SL player RK is just more homey to me, maybe cause i was fr00b for so long :P

there are many areas of the game (RK in particular) that are outdated in skill/loot/and exp by todays modern standards compared to the new set of skills/nanos/weapons and armors available. I for example, remember when I first visited TOTW..i died...alot and not just from the 30 tains that USED to occure back in the day when all 10 game servers were full but just from the skill of the monsters alone. Now a days, Even at 20 i go in and can immediately solo most of the cultist rather easily.

3) Once the revamp of noob island goes live will you guys recreate new players and test it yourselves from lvl 1 to whatever? If so can I play along side you

Regards,

-Ani

Quote Originally Posted by Animaly View Post
    there are many areas of the game (RK in particular) that are outdated in skill/loot/and exp by todays modern standards compared to the new set of skills/nanos/weapons and armors available. I for example, remember when I first visited TOTW..i died...alot and not just from the 30 tains that USED to occure back in the day when all 10 game servers were full but just from the skill of the monsters alone. Now a days, Even at 20 i go in and can immediately solo most of the cultist rather easily.
    New players still die in ToTW. As it is now it is good place for new players, possibly still using froob accounts to determine if the game is worth it or not. Make it too hard and it might turn off the few new players we might get.

Animaly, This is purely based on previous post and talk with Kintaii on irc and on the forums, but these are most likely the answers based on his previous responses.

1.) All items are going to get inspected and have stats changed on them to make sure that most items are competitive in the game, if that is by raising stats or lowering them. Item textures are a 1 off thing, not everything is going to get upgraded, and as far as I am aware the art devs aren't actively working on new textures for old items too much.

2.) Yes, the exp and layout and flow of the zones is going to be looked at. RK will always give lower exp then SL, that's just so that people have a reason to buy SL.

3.) The devs are constantly playing though their new content on the test server. The thing is they don't exactly say what ones are theirs as they do want to be able to play the content and not be asked 5000000 questions while doing so.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

So where's the Advy document at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    So where's the Advy document at?
    Probably won't be out today - Genele's got some stuff to take care of outside of the office (furniture delivery; happy fun times), though she'll be working on the document from home while she waits. Maybe tomorrow - Will just depend on the progress that's been made. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Wait, what? This game's future depends on furniture delivery?!
    Last edited by Flipyap; Feb 16th, 2011 at 20:52:13. Reason: Added word: 'delivery'

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    ...All items are going to get inspected and have stats changed on them to make sure that most items are competitive in the game, if that is by raising stats or lowering them. Item textures are a 1 off thing, not everything is going to get upgraded, and as far as I am aware the art devs aren't actively working on new textures for old items too much...
    i made a thread about the weapon sounds awhile back, but it definitely goes with the topic here. as far as i can tell from talking with old players (i was not around before froob program), most weapon impact sounds exist and worked at ao release, but do not work and haven't since SL. would be curious to know whether this is also being fixed at some point, or will the sound immersion still remain weak for ao in this particular area? (the lost eden melee weapons all have impact sounds, and i've noticed some s7 weapons have some interesting sounds as well.)

also, it would be nice to know whether some ranged weapon firing animations will be fixed at some point. bullets, arrows and other ranged weapon effects travelling at a snails pace through the air is hideously unappealing.
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Feb 16th, 2011 at 21:25:24. Reason: added "this" sentence to show that i made an edit
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    Yeah I mean, sometimes RL just takes precedent over AO, even for a dev.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Yeah I mean, sometimes RL just takes precedent over AO, even for a dev.
    Blasphemy!

Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Blasphemy!

srsly teh devs has teh lifes halp fix pl0x!??!?!1

new adventurer thingy yet?

Yes, and let's hope it doesn't depend on Canada Post, because then we're doomed !

new engine release depends on release of duke nukem forever... wait.. shouldnt that be released soon (tm)?^^ 43 days until the new engine.. get rdy.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

well i paid acc for another year, if not out by then ill start whit facebook games insted..
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

Facebook games? I'd rather invite a bullet to my cranium...

Facebook games? I'd rather invite a bullet to my cranium...
    or that yeah
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium