Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Feb. 11th, 2011: Brrr

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Probably won't be out today - Genele's got some stuff to take care of outside of the office (furniture delivery; happy fun times), though she'll be working on the document from home while she waits. Maybe tomorrow - Will just depend on the progress that's been made. =)

What's Genele getting.. Ikea?

Its always something...i hope weather in Croatia or my family crisis wont effect the engine update....
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Its always something...i hope weather in Croatia or my family crisis wont effect the engine update....
    Oh, ****! That reminds me! I had a pizza in the oven... 2 hours ago! brb.

well... the 2-3 weeks traveling from oslo to montreal and setting everything up again really makes a release delay of another 1 year plausible. and the temperatures might slow it down by another 6 months.... but yeah.. .patience please... means dog destroyed the only existing engine code... doh...
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Or the pwnage rain+overflow in Southeast of Brazil...

Btw, tomorrow is friday. :P You have 24h, Kintaii.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

It wouldn't be a big deal if this sort of thing only happened occasionally... However, I predict the next excuse will be broken heating in the office meaning they had to relocate to the pub. Yay Funcom professionalism.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

We're actually going to try and get this one pushed out for you guys early next week (rather than waiting for next Friday's FwM post) so keep your eyes peeled on the Balance Discussion forums come next Tuesday or Weds
    Your commitment to getting even small things done by projected dates gives us all high hopes for the future.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    Your commitment to getting even small things done by projected dates gives us all high hopes for the future.
    There is furniture involved, I'd like to rumor its IKEA stuffz. Have you ever read those instructions? That's hard compared to rebalancing AO. You always have one part left and you start thinking... Why???

A few weeks later you'll get the epiphany at the point when the cat jumps the closet and the complete thing crashes and you see a small predrilled AYZ slot B connection E size 5 unused...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    Wait, what? This game's future depends on furniture delivery?!
    Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    well... the 2-3 weeks traveling from oslo to montreal and setting everything up again really makes a release delay of another 1 year plausible. and the temperatures might slow it down by another 6 months.... but yeah.. .patience please... means dog destroyed the only existing engine code... doh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    It wouldn't be a big deal if this sort of thing only happened occasionally... However, I predict the next excuse will be broken heating in the office meaning they had to relocate to the pub. Yay Funcom professionalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    "Going to try" does not feature the words "promise", "certainly", "definitely" or anything other than a statement of intent to attempt. I know you guys love finding random stuff to complain about, but again - "Going to try".

Goooooooiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnggggg toooooooo trrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

If a doc takes longer to get out than expected, that means that we're actually working on improving it and making it better, and we'll release what we have to release when we're good and ready to. Will it make it out today? Maybe. If it doesn't, will it make it out tomorrow? Might. May be next week - May even be that it doesn't get released for another few months (note: this is not going to be the case :P). Either way, when we said "going to try" we meant "going to try", not "we promise that it'll be out on this date".

We're human beings - While I'm sorry that there are those of you who have a difficult time seeing or understanding that we're real people too, with lives to live and bills to pay and things to take care of, I'm not going to apologize for members of our team having lives outside of the office and attempting to get themselves settled into a new home after having moved halfway across the world. If someone on the team having a place to live and a bed to sleep on means that the release of a nano document takes a little longer than expected then that's more than acceptable - It's just a part of life.

Edit: I mean, I could just pop on and tell you guys "Nope, 'doc is delayed - Will let you know more later" rather than taking the time outta my day to explain precisely what's going with the team and why things are happening. Means and I both tend to take a very open, personable stance in dealing with the community - Unlike most other studios, who won't tell you "The patch got delayed for a day because Bob came down with food poisoning", we actually take the time to tell you about the stuff we deal with, both good and bad, in the process of working on Anarchy Online. Does this mean that people can get more 'ammunition' to use in their ceaseless tearing down of the hardworking individuals behind this game? Sure. But for those with a more rational mindset it means they get the chance to understand what's happening and why, instead of just a random "Sorry, not happening" notice with no real explanation. We take the time to tell you guys what's up because it gives us the opportunity to explain the hows and whys of what we go through on a daily basis; I dunno about any of you, but when dealing with communication from an official source, I'd rather have a more personal approach than something robotic and corporate through-and-through. I won't apologize for my sense of honesty, nor that of the team's, and while I know that there are those who bemoan such an approach I also know there are just as many who enjoy and prefer our methods of communication, and I see no reasons to change the way we handle communication in the future based on the words of a few detractors.

tl;dr: Haters gonna hate.

(and for the record it wasn't ikea - some local place. i'll probably be hitting up the local ikea myself, though, when i actually find an apartment)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

human peoples at my work would get their ass kicked for taking 5 years longer for a gfx engine than announced... guess that's what most people think =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Kintaii:

For the record, I didn't mean anything by my comment. I was just throwing mindless comments around the forums.

Also, I am *very* excited to see the advy docs.

(and for the record it wasn't ikea - some local place. i'll probably be hitting up the local ikea myself, though, when i actually find an apartment)
    We have homeless people making AO now?
    Waiting for a cure.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    We have homeless people making AO now?
    We're all staying in temporary places the company set us up with for the first month; we *can* extend our stays there if need be, but they'll always only be temporary. Gotta get an apartment soon. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Kintaii,

The issue is that the players are real people too, with their jobs/schools/lives aswell. They know that in any business, continually missing deadlines and appointments with clients or customers is not going to go down well. Seeing blaze and unapologetic excuses week after week does not help the company-customer relationship at all.

These things do happen. But we all know that it has been happening seemingly every single time a date was given. It doesn't matter if it's a promise or not, it's an appointment with your customers. If you can't keep it, it's understandable, but it's not something people want to put up with time and time again with no apology offered.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    Kintaii,

The issue is that the players are real people too, with their jobs/schools/lives aswell. They know that in any business, continually missing deadlines and appointments with clients or customers is not going to go down well. Seeing blaze and unapologetic excuses year after year does not help the company-customer relationship at all.

These things do happen. But we all know that it has been happening seemingly every single time a date was given. It doesn't matter if it's a promise or not, it's an appointment with your customers. If you can't keep it, it's understandable, but it's not something people want to put up with time and time again with no apology offered.
    Fixed and QFT!
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

poor Bob. food poisoning is brutal. I hope he feels better soon.
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

we're real people too, with lives to live and bills to pay and things to take care of,
    In this case, subscribers pay bills, meeting deadlines keeps subscribers, and the things to take care of are deadlines. It's the ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiircle of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife. Or something. Have you ever thought about the inefficiency of all these posts about delays? It would make much more sense to make a post when something is on schedule.

/troll off
    (just kidding)
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

"The first draft of the Adventurer Nano Docs have been released to the Adventurer Professional representatives. After initial feedback and possible adjustments, we will be releasing the documentation to the general public as soon as possible."

Make a template from that or something similar, save yourself the grief.

Yeah if a version was sent to the professionals and it is taking longer to get to us than expected, maybe there was something that needed to be changed to prevent a million threads of hate spam?

I think a flame-retardent advy documentation with a slight delay is better than a full out cry fest over some change, which ofc I would be more than happy to take part in and stir people up and increase my "forum haunt" status. Besides what is everyone's hurry? Most of you guys are either scared to death or ready to emo-rage-slashwrists then quit over this stuff anyways. Masochists I tell yah, MASOCHISTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    [...]Besides what is everyone's hurry? Most of you guys are either scared to death or ready to emo-rage-slashwrists then quit over this stuff anyways. Masochists I tell yah, MASOCHISTS!
    This!

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast