Thread: new bug on noobisland

new bug on noobisland

Trying to get the mission "Locate the bosses" on noob.
    I'm opening conversation and everything but when the talk is finished after he said "I will even pay you" ect ect... im not getting a mission.

Im lvl 7.

Just me or is it something new?

You need to petition in-game as a quest problem for this particular issue.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

awhh... hate that these threads aint closeable.

Well, they are, you just have to have a little ARK magic to do it....

But I'm going to leave it open, in case anyone else cares to chime in.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Relogging usually helped me when I'm having a difficult time getting a missions from an NPC. Same sort of bug as 'traded item is not shown in inventory', rezone/ relog and poof it's there 99% of the time.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quest bugs right on N00b Island... I'm lacking words...
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Don't run left by chance and be greeted by a great AO feature "quest bug" and sitting in petition queue for hours. This would be funny if it was not so depressing that these kind of errors exist in new player areas.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

but it introduces new players directly into the funcom politics "patience please...hold the line....soon(tm)..."

i suggest delete the quest and go ahead.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Feb 17th, 2011 at 15:50:33. Reason: Removed profanity.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

I think the bigger issue at hand is why a vet is doing a noob island quest?? 0.o

(wuz a jokes)

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    I think the bigger issue at hand is why a vet is doing a noob island quest?? 0.o
    (wuz a jokes)
    The issue is, new players dont do that quest.
    Not sure if you have done it, but the newb island loot gives you some nice perks for the first 20 levels, let it be the +1 crit or the +20hp or a cheap and good armor, but all that helps great, to improve the first levels experience.

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    The issue is, new players dont do that quest.
    They don't? Heck, as well as all the quests the first time I ran through noob island I tried to the first level of research before I left.