Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current Nvidia FPS Issue Resolution (Please Read)

Awesome nice work
    Still here

Great job mate, this got me all happy again.

I took a few months break from AO and after updating my drivers several times over that period I have returned to discover my frames which used to be above 60+ constant (Still low with this current comp setup imo) are now 20ish max which makes AO unbearable and near unplayable. Any word if the newer forceware 267.24 ver drivers released a few days ago have fixed this issue on the 460 series cards without rendering other newer games unplayable?
    -220/30/70 Opi Shade (Phat DD!!)
    -220/26/70 Solitus Crat (Xp Stick)
    -150/8/? Atrox Advy (S10)
    -74/7/? Solitus Soldier (pvp?)
    and countless others
    Omni 4 Life!
    ~Viralbots Incorporated~

267.24 drivers and 460 card = 12 fps outside rome blue.. lets wait another set of drivers :/
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I wrote another email to the Nvidia team, all they wrote back is that they are aware of the issue, but could not give a definitive ETA on when a fix will be added to drivers.

Nvidia are usually faster but AMD I know have a minimum 60 lead time on drivers. What you see released from them is actually over 2 months old. They can't rush out these things, especially when WHQL is involved.

I have a 560-

i try to install these drivers, and it says it cant find compatible hardware (and i am downloading the correct version for my OS/bit)

?
    Omegathree 220/70/30 doctor
    http://smu.gs/10VjCqh

Here is what I get:
    http://outsidetheboxphotography.smug...87_xyfqs-M.jpg

I have an EVGA 560 ti

What to do?

You can edit the .inf file included with the driver to cheat it into supporting that card.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You can edit the .inf file included with the driver to cheat it into supporting that card.

thanks--ill try that after work.

Its been bad! The fps is terrible- and I see "strings" coming off of my back when I run- also, the cursor "floats" across the screen- Ive tried adjustments, but hasnt helped and its only been with the new card-terrible for a team doc- I cant click the right name in the teamlist to heal quick enough when they're dying fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It didnt work- the inf file shows a 580 and 570 near the bottom of the file. I changed the 570 to 560- didnt work. I changed it to 560 Ti, still gave same answer.

?

im not sure how you edit the inf, but i suspect drivers doesnt check if you card is 560 ti..
    it might be NVIDIA_DEV.0E24.01 and it cant find that line on [NVIDIA_SetB_Devices.NTamd64.6.0] section of file :P

but i haven't edited infs before so cant say how it should be done
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalsigns View Post
    It didnt work- the inf file shows a 580 and 570 near the bottom of the file. I changed the 570 to 560- didnt work. I changed it to 560 Ti, still gave same answer.

?
    Google a guide for doing it, there's always somebody doing this on enthusiast forums. Maybe someone even made one for it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The newly released 270.51 beta drivers seems to have resolved the performance issues in AO. Logged a froob to compare them and went from 15-25 fps with 267.24 to 90-100 fps with 270.51 in the cluster of player cities outside newland, using a gtx 570.

Yeah 270's good here on a 480 as well
    Still here

Recieved an email past week stating the issue should be fixed within the beta drivers, so with people already stating they are back to the norm, looks like we are good to go. Thanks for feedback everyone.

Yep running the 270 beta drivers atm, and I can confirm ao is running alot better

nice job memphis
    Lordplayer: Lets just put it down to people being completely retarded carrying on the "reply nerf to any keeper topic" mentality of years gone by.

Cergorn 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Yamura 220/30/70 Soli Crat

I upgraded few months ago to GTS 250 DarkKnight, and I got in cities around 10-12 FPS, when there is more then 3 ppl :/
    On other PC, with oldie 7400 series I run with over 45 FPS. With old 8400 (in this PC) i had 60 FPS. Should I try 265 drivers? (Cant see this 270 series on nVidia site...)
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

There's no improvement in AO from 265. Just go to download drivers -> beta and archived drivers on the nvidia home page and search for it

Thanks. I downloaded 270.53 drivers. Overall performance is a better: got now 15-17 FPS in crowded place, and in shops around 45-60. Had to resetup screen resolution, because it got messed a bit.

EDIT: Downside of this few FPS more is graphic glitches: randomly textures go white and blink for very short peroid of time. Looks like disco, when you run through Old Athens...

EDIT 2:

For people stupid like me - change you AO settings for Main card instead of Direct 3D HAL!!!

Now I have 100 FPS all time
    Last edited by Pomidor; Mar 30th, 2011 at 21:42:41.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast