Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Current Nvidia FPS Issue Resolution (Please Read)

Well meh....Just updated to the latest 270.61 and performance has improved on a single client, but only because it's now using !80%! of one of my gtx 470s. That becomes a problem when I try to run a second client, let the stuttering begin...;(

Unhappy Still problems

I installed the drivers and my video card showed up under rendering devices. I did this with extended display (not duplicated), since I'm using my laptop with an external monitor. The resolution however was borked.

I unplugged the monitor, restarted the launcher and found the card with correct resolution for my laptop, ran the program, and it worked perfectly. Then, I logged out, put the vga cable back in, and voila - the card now showed with 2048 x 1152 rather than max 1600 x something.

This worked until I once accidentally launched the game with my laptop forced to use iGPU. I got a warning that the device was not detected, and it launced with default drivers instead. After this, my GeForce drivers were removed from rendering devices.

After rebooting and on dGPU, I tried EVERYTHING, including uninstalling manually everything NVIDIA, doing a clean install, fiddling with plugging/unplugging the VGA, only a rollback to when the drivers were installed, finally got the drivers to show again. However, only on my extended desktop and with wrong resolution options, that makes the game crash (and remove the drivers from my list).

If I follow the exact procedure that I did the first time, the drivers will not show on my laptop screen, only on my external.

Is there any way to make the resolution show again? I tried modifying some xml-files (mainpref, pref) with no luck. Could there be another place to fix the settings?

Here's a screenshot:

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/wtfresolution.png/
    Arcticangel 220 adv
    Arctica 220 soldier
    Labbetuss 220 engi
    Glacier 220 crat
    Mullophys 213 MP
    ---------------------------------
    General of Ragnarok

I installed a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti (OC) yesterday, and AO became a slideshow (10 fps, +/- 2).

I've tried every driver there is, and ended up with 275.33 which I found while using the link in the first post here. Framerate ended up at 30-60 (great improvement for me).

Running Windows XP SP2, and here's the problem; I just can't get the Nvidia Control Panel to force AA/AF. First I got that stupid "Dragon : MMORPG" when selecting "client.exe", then got that fixed by using the "Nvidia Geforce SLI Profile Tool", exported profiles, renamed "Dragon : MMORPG" to "Anarchy Online", removed the ekstra files that were registered for "Dragon : MMORPG" and imported the profiles-file back into Nvidia Control Panel. Adjusted all AA/AF (among other settings) in the control panel. Have tried both window and non-windowed mode. Nothing improves the AA/AF.

AO launcher does not recognize my graphics card, so I end up with the generic:

Primary displaydriver - RGB Emulation
    Primary displaydriver - Direct3D HAL
    Primary displaydriver - Direct3D T&L HAL

Best FPS is using Direct3d T&L HAL for me.

But game sucks without AA/AF....

Any suggestions ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Last driver I had working with AA on WinXP is still 182.50
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    Last driver I had working with AA on WinXP is still 182.50
    Yeah, older drivers doesn't really help me as they have no support for my card.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Possibly, but I guess there isn't much development on WinXP side of the drivers anymore. There was problem with AA/AF on Win7, and that was fixed recently, but nothing happened on the WinXP side, was kinda hoping to get better drivers for my XP as well.

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Anyone tried using the bit editor in nVidia Inspector Tool to force AA?

No idea if it even helps as long as AO is not identifying your Video Card...

It may be a bit too advanced for me to experiment with to be honest, but maybe someone else with a lot more skills than me can get something working with it.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Crashed my XP while toying with it =p

Anyway, the settings seem to be mostly the same as in nVidia Control Panel, it is just letting people to select some AA compatibility modes as well, maybe guessing right compatibility mode (another old game) would help.

Anyway, AA and AF did work for me without AO "identifying" the card, but that was with the old ones on the XP. I guess the device string is just something DirectX returns to the client, since most games just give me the "Primary Display Device" when it is possible to select such.
    Last edited by Mireiawen; Jul 15th, 2011 at 18:02:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    Possibly, but I guess there isn't much development on WinXP side of the drivers anymore. There was problem with AA/AF on Win7, and that was fixed recently, but nothing happened on the WinXP side, was kinda hoping to get better drivers for my XP as well.
    Well, they don't make drivers for Windows 95,98,ME, 2000 anymore either. Time to upgrade to the future or, as the rest of us call it, the current day.
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jul 15th, 2011 at 21:24:38.

Ok, just got confirmed by someone well versed in nVidia Inspector's bit editor:

Antialiasing does not work, because this game has a problem with detecting the graphics driver in Windows XP.
    On Windows 7 game properly detect graphics driver and antialiasing works. Since this game is old, then antialiasing compatibility bits are not needed.
    Link to post here

Edit: Funcom; please make your crappy gameclient detect my GFX-card, kthxbye!
    Last edited by Jihnna; Jul 15th, 2011 at 23:16:24.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345