Thread: AO Universe Developer Interview #5: Lindelu!

Funcom employee AO Universe Developer Interview #5: Lindelu!

After a bit of a break the AO team has hooked up guys and gals over at AO Universe again to bring you another interview from the development staff! Up on deck today: Lindelu! The awesome designer who's brought us the daily missions system and is currently working on the new startup experience takes some time out of her day to answer questions, talk shop, and even give a few sneak peek previews at some of what she's been working on!

To read the interview, click the following link: AO Universe Interview with Lindelu!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

omgz

a racetrack???

Isn´t it the case, that all vehicles in ao have the same speed?

And why only phasefront and not yalms? (wanna get a reason to have all yalms available ingame...)

But anyways i am very much looking forward to this, not only because of the concept of racetracks in other games (neocron) which always where nice for some social stuff and events

that was a nice read, gave some hope again that AO is heading towards a new bright future
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

4th, so who is next poor soul?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Thumbs up

Well, this confirms that I will be spending my points on Phasefront, after all. I'm not complaining—I miss playing SW Ep I Racer! ;)

Damn, I may have to reactivate just to beat Kintaii at racing.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

So... Tweaking runspeed... When can I race in parrotform?

"I do not however, despite popular belief, walk around in my pyjamas and slippers."

Always running around in pyjamas and slippers on TestLive doesn't really enforce that statement. :P
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    "I do not however, despite popular belief, walk around in my pyjamas and slippers."
    Neither do I. I walk around naked!

any chances of getting bigger screenies about that race track with proper gfx engine with shadows, godrays and nice "not all ambient" lightning?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Nice interview
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics