Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Feb. 18th, 2011: 10th Anniversary Party in Montreal - June 25th!

Advies to get AoE mezzes? cool.. no more need for crats then..

Amonette 220 Soldier Nyrec 220 Agent Mekon 220 Crat Mekamara 220 Engineer
    ────────────────────────────────────────────
    Dark Front (Because the sun shines outta my....)

Hmm, another reason to get my a$$ over to Canada this year...!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

so the release date Q1 2011 stands for the new engine? beautiful.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

I'll be off reading the Advy documents for hours now. Thanks!

Will you be arranging a party in Oslo as well? I would love to experience another party like last year's. :P

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    Will you be arranging a party in Oslo as well? I would love to experience another party like last year's. :P
    Better come to Montreal, then
    ~ Aythem ~

- Become an AO tester!

Soz to point it up *again* but as new engine was promised for Q1 2011 & as last major news on it was october the 8th 2010 (even if last week news about Sez's textures was sympathetic), i'm starting to feel that silence might finally lead to more delay.

Can we get more ETA on this, please ?

ps : even bad news, that is !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

i bet it wont come out before 2013 >.< ... but the advy document looks interesting
    YouTube

AOCharViewer

Martiadvy ~ 220 Clan Advy [Rimor]
    Proud member of Tiger Claw
    in love with Peoples Front of Judea

Quote Originally Posted by bitnykk View Post
    Soz to point it up *again* but as new engine was promised for Q1 2011 & as last major news on it was october the 8th 2010 (even if last week news about Sez's textures was sympathetic), i'm starting to feel that silence might finally lead to more delay.

Can we get more ETA on this, please ?

ps : even bad news, that is !
    Bad News: Probably not Q1 since the move to Canada was very likely not something which was anticipated or considered as part of the estimated time.

Good News: There is enough progress to estimate that it will be out in 2011 (at least in beta).

Don't quote me on it, I was never here.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aythem View Post
    Better come to Montreal, then
    Honestly: I would LOVE to... And I WILL be investigating prices both for airline tickets and hotels in the area. Although summers are kinda busy for me, mostly, with festivals, concerts, parties and whatnot. :P

Mehh, ofc i cant join the party due to work
    Barronto 220/30 doc \ Juma 220/30 sol \ Armz 220/30 crat \ Ohohh 220/30 enf
    Ilmon 220/30 fix \ Npop 220/30 keep \ Notech1 220/30 agent \ Naugtynoty 220/30 nt
    Whotokick 220/30 ma \ Ashola 220/30 engy \ Jusey 220/30 mp \ Trashear 220/30 shade
    Vitz 220/30 adv \ Nkip 220/30 trader \ Jummy 220/24 sol
    And alot of other alt's

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Picking and choosing the morph that's right for the situation will be much, much more important.
    And for that I salue FC and the whole team. Might get me resubbed just cause I love my adv, and this will make him a new experience.

Havent read it all, but so far it seems promising. Situational morphing!
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Good News: There is enough progress to estimate that it will be out in 2011 (at least in beta).
    hahahahahaha^^ atleast in 2011 as beta.... that would be a joke if it doesnt come in the next months. you rly think moving to canada makes it plausible to delay it for another year? LOL
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

anything is possible if you smell like Old ****e even engine delays
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

The emergency damage shield/reflect buff, and the nemesis nano, are rather ridiculous. I mean, use nem nano and hitting the adv will hurt you for 1500 each time for 10 seconds (assuming they can reach 3k conceal, damned if i know mine is lvl 172). Advy needs 37% reflect + emergency 23%? They already tank better than most professions. The heal cost seems good, and CH will be much more useful to lowbies. Wolf now has evades on it instead of aura so no stacking evade buffs, guess thats fair.

Also why does a level 1 adv get as much standing reflect as a level 145 engineer/level 100 soldier in SL? And what's with the huge AS buff if adventurers aren't getting the new AS based special? P.S. you know adv already has 160 higher AS than other pistol users and artillery symbs?

I really don't understand wtf the deal is with the pets, sounds stupid.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

raaa i would of been first page if my internet didnt drop! -________-
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    The emergency damage shield/reflect buff, and the nemesis nano, are rather ridiculous. I mean, use nem nano and hitting the adv will hurt you for 1500 each time for 10 seconds (assuming they can reach 3k conceal, damned if i know mine is lvl 172).
    Two notes: The effect depends on the concealment of the target it's being used on, not the Advy's conceal. Also, the emergency shield *cannot* be used at the same time as the nemesis nano, and both lock each other out in a fashion.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Two notes: The effect depends on the concealment of the target it's being used on, not the Advy's conceal. Also, the emergency shield *cannot* be used at the same time as the nemesis nano, and both lock each other out in a fashion.
    So it hurts agents and shades, and the rest of us laugh? oO Wasn't adv the nemesis of doctors?
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

I thought adv was everyones nemesis... 0.o
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

I wonder if
    - the new engine will be ready for the 10th anniversary,
    - the PvP rebalancing has been done by then and
    - a new startup experience (for players wanting to join) is ready.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast