Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Feb. 18th, 2011: 10th Anniversary Party in Montreal - June 25th!

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    A higher post count.
    Post count was hidden like 5 or 6 years ago
    i R not spik engrish

So, when the great rebalance takes place, has anyone mentioned how the implementation will go down? What I mean is an open Beta type thing for all on the servers to try, testlive, w/e. Also, if I transfer a toon to testlive the day before the testing starts am I at a disadvantage over moving one now long before? For those of you on testlive, is that area well stocked for all profs, levels, etc to test all that needs to be tested (hard to say, I know, but, for example, if zero tl1 toons are on, hard to test anything)?

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    A higher post count.
    I get that feeling as well.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

UMM... I'm definitely gonna be at the event

Yay! A party in...

4 months!

Now that that is out of the way, on to the stuff many subscribers really want to know...

What is going on with the graphics engine update?
    It has been more than "a few months. When will the closed/open betas start?
    Are we hoping to get any teaser videos of it before it goes live?

When will the official website get a revamp so that the information on it is informative & valid, without dead links?

When will the "mark forums read" link for these forums work again?

What is the official stance for players that are affected by the crash on logout?

I'm positive there are many, many, many more things that the community wants to know, or see fixed, but those were the first ones I could think of.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Feb 18th, 2011 at 22:01:40.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Yay! A party in...

4 months!
    Hey, people have always complained (and rightfully so, really) that we never give enough advance notice for the community stuff we do. Welp, here's yer advance notice. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Do you guys just ignore the Q1 questions or do you need approval before you can tell us it won't be happening? I don't think anyone seriously expects the engine to happen in Q1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Yay! A party in...

4 months!
    It will be delayed anyway
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Hey, people have always complained (and rightfully so, really) that we never give enough advance notice for the community stuff we do. Welp, here's yer advance notice. =D
    Please do not get me wrong. I am one of those people that regularly complained about situations like getting official notice of events an hour after they started. That's why I mentioned it & even put it in bold. I am aware of it & honestly pleased to be informed so soon. I can not attend due to family reunion obligations happening that weekend every year since the 1980's (of which I have only missed 3 while I was away on active duty), but thank you very much for the advance notice.

Now, how about the rest of that post? Can we PLEASE get some official word on those items & NOT more guesses or speculation by people that do not receive a paycheck from Funcom?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Feb 18th, 2011 at 22:44:28.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

Funcom employee

There's only so much information I can give - I'm not the top of the food chain, and I'm not cleared to give out new information on certain things. This does kinda suck, admittedly, as I'm one of the more vocal devs on the forums, but it's just the way it is; a dude working as a fry cook at McDonald's isn't really allowed to comment on, say, internal workings of the McDonald's corporate fiscal report, as an example. So for the rest of the stuff you mentioned, that'll have to come from Means, not me. Sorry I can't offer more, but it's just due to my position. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

There's only so much information I can give - I'm not the top of the food chain, and I'm not cleared to give out new information on certain things. This does kinda suck, admittedly, as I'm one of the more vocal devs on the forums, but it's just the way it is; a dude working as a fry cook at McDonald's isn't really allowed to comment on, say, internal workings of the McDonald's corporate fiscal report, as an example. So for the rest of the stuff you mentioned, that'll have to come from Means, not me. Sorry I can't offer more, but it's just due to my position. =)
    then maybe Means needs to take some time to take care of his customer base....havent seen him respond to any FWM for a while now...does he even read his customer's feedback anymore?
    Toomanylegos 220 Engi AI26 LE70
    Toomanystabs 220 Shade
    Toomanycalms 220 Crat
    Toomanylocks 170ish stripped fixer
    Proud Spartan and Froob Hater

I seem to have some sort of habit of always being wrong side of the ocean for your parties =p

Last time Montreal was so much closer than Oslo, now it is other way around... Wonder what its next year? =p
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Thank you for at least acknowledging that you are aware of our concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by TmL View Post
    then maybe Means needs to take some time to take care of his customer base....havent seen him respond to any FWM for a while now...does he even read his customer's feedback anymore?
    /this
    How many of the current player base have spent $1000 on this game? $1500? $2000? More?

Despite all of the delays, I'm still paying for two fully upgraded, annual subscriptions that are both over 5 years old. With at least 80% of my friends no longer playing AO, of which a minimum of 50% left because they were tired of waiting through the delays of bug fixes & the graphics engine upgrade, it becomes harder to make the decision to renew.

The community needs some official word on these issues. "We moved so some things are not working right" does not tell us what is delayed due to "not working right". IT is now to the point that the community is split between the now unsubscribed, the subscribed cynics, the blind followers & the undecided.

As much as I hate to say it after all of these years of subscribing & waiting, whether good or bad, the community needs a direct & to the point 'status of the game's future' announcement.

Soon™ no longer works.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Feb 18th, 2011 at 23:08:36.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

I'll second (*one thousand three hundred sixty third) the request for engine info. My account is no longer active - not at all out of protest (long live AO!) - just because I was getting bored. I still check FWM Every.. Single.. Week.. but honestly it's getting discouraging. How many years can I stay excited? Am I alone in this sentiment? We aren't (well, should probably speak for myself on this) asking for a concrete release date - but some of that "inside info" other than screencaps of rendered models would probably keep me excited for at least another year.

Again, I love AO - but give me something guys, it's been too long.

P.S. Disregard this post if the reason Means is keeping quiet is because of press releases etc on the new engine going live (in the extremely near future)!
    Last edited by Mahdi007; Feb 18th, 2011 at 23:00:58.

That is maybe the most moderate response you have ever given on the subject. Thanks!

Now nudge Means... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I predict the engine going live 1 week before the party. (U just KNOW theres gonna be bugs)

I also have a suggestion. With the huge changes incoming, allow 220/70 toons to use a full ip reset without removing symbs. Sure there are ppl who will tell us how they right clicked all their alphas in, but fail to mention the 35 ppl assisting them and every buff item known to man involved in that. I dont expect an answer, but consider it.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Feb 18th, 2011 at 23:10:00.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I also have a suggestion. With the huge changes incoming, allow 220/70 toons to use a full ip reset without removing symbs. Sure there are ppl who will tell us how they right clicked all their alphas in, but fail to mention the 35 ppl assisting them and every buff item known to man involved in that. I dont expect an answer, but consider it.
    Have I said that you're my hero? Awesome suggestion. I would not look forward to that process again.
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Thanks for the honesty.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Most of the time you can find out answers to questions about a companies fiscal year activities by going to the Investors Relations Section of their website. For example; Funcom Investor Relations (Side Note; This page has changed since the last time I visited it.) Looking good FC.

I visit this page every so often to keep up with what's happening with TSW. For example by visiting this page I learned that Funcom and EA Partners, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. are partnering to publish TSW. Not something I expected. I also learned that Funcom is in a financial position to complete all of its current projects. On top of that I learned that AOC is the most profitable project that Funcom currently operates, and AO does maintain "Steady Revenue".

In any case we can learn how the company is doing and the status of future projects by looking at two things. The Quarterly Report and The Quarterly Forward Looking Presentation. (aka; The Quarterly Presentation)

Q4 2010 Presentation will be published on Feb 28, 2011. This leads me to believe that Funcom runs on a type of Fiscal Year. Q4 2010 ended on the last day in January. Q1 2011 Began on the first day of February and subsequently ends on the last day of May.

For your reading enjoyment; Here are the Q3 2010 Quarterly Report and the Q3 2010 Forward Looking Presentation.

Q3 Quarterly Report

Q3 Forward Looking Presentation

The only disclaimer, or downside, to these reports is the fact that AO is not mentioned a whole lot. We have to remember that while most things a company does is required by law to be disclosed to the investors, (the public) not everything happening in the company meets said requirements. It's important to understand that these documents are sort of like a sales pitch in some respects. A company may choose to highlight its more "favorable" attributes while only giving the bare minimums required by law of its less favorable endeavors. However there is still a good amount of information on this page that might answer some of the questions I see posted here.

Happy Reading.
    Last edited by Roswell; Feb 19th, 2011 at 00:16:03.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

From Q3 Quarterly Report:

an upgraded version of
    the DreamWorld Technology is scheduled to be
    implemented into Age of Conan during 1Q11.

Aha! That explains everything! The engine is coming for AoC, not AO.

Silly us...

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    From Q3 Quarterly Report:

an upgraded version of
    the DreamWorld Technology is scheduled to be
    implemented into Age of Conan during 1Q11.

Aha! That explains everything! The engine is coming for AoC, not AO.

Silly us...
    I chuckled back when I read that as well.. I do believe that report was published prior to FCs claim of "new AO engine by Q1 2011's end", I may be mistaken on that. On that note I never did see this Q1 2011 engine update announcement, however I don't get to read the majority of these forums due to time constraints. There certainly is no mention of it in any Quarterly Report I have ever read dating back to 2007. I must say that I only really look for TSW related stuff though. Following since about may of 07.
    Last edited by Roswell; Feb 19th, 2011 at 00:44:46.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast