Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebalancing part eleventy: shopfood

Rebalancing part eleventy: shopfood

Rebalance all the shopfood armor and weapons (a.k.a. 95% of AO's loot). As volunteer work is the kind most likely to be finished on schedule, use players. Hell even I would do it.

Step 1: Take all pistols that are rollable RK loot, SL mobs loot, Turn spirit weapons, dyna specials, all the crap no one uses or has ever used. Make a list.

Step 2: Find some guy that knows about pistols, what kind of stats are good for damage and what are good for buffing. Like a crat, adventurer, engineer, you get the picture.

Step 3: Let this guy make changes to the mods, damage range, specials cycles and such.

Step 4: Have him submit this to FC, where it will take random FC developer #6 30 minutes to decide if the suggestions are OP or not.

Step 5: Implement immediately, no one will know which changes you accepted or were even proposed, overnight hundreds of new viable equipment options become available, unleashing an orgy of exploration and experimentation (like the 70's for Means).

Step 6: (profit ofc)

Step 7: Maybe make some adjustments according to general input.

Step 8: Repeat for other weapon types, armors, HUDs
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Bump, I'd certainly be willing to do all 2he weapons.
    I'd have it ready to submit to funcom in a week.
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Bump for changes that could hit within our lifetimes.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Step 0 - Make all turn spirits less hard/expensive to get.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Step 0 - Make all turn spirits less hard/expensive to get.
    bump

turnspirits are a great example of weaps/gear that would be very useful for leveling players, but never get used because they are so hard to get. another example of this is Tier armor.

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    Step 5: Implement immediately...
    Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    Bump for changes that could hit within our lifetimes.
    You know there's something wrong behind the lines when "Immediately" maps to "Multiple years".

I approve.
    Waiting for a cure.

I approve of this suggestion.

I'll also volunteer to do Rifles, SMGs, Ranged Energy, or Pistols.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Haha, bump for this. I'd happily do some armours or something.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I volunteer to fix the lowbie ma fist template
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Why not make AO the first "open-source"-style MMORPG with 1 or more months of paid game time / credits for contributions that Funcom decides are good enough to go in-game.

Giving player access to view textures, models and database stuff while Funcom keeps the actual engine related work.

Might need some directions like "Currently we're reworking Newland City and need some building textures/models, refer to the concept drawing for style" or so.
    Last edited by delsabre; Feb 22nd, 2011 at 00:54:49.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

This needs bumped before it dies on page 2.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Bump.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

pl0x

Bump!

I like it. There must be lots of willing volunteers, myself included.

But I don't think one person could realistically go through one item type by themselves. There must be in the region of hundreds of individual weapons with their own sub-types at different ql ranges. Xyphos.com lists 1,643 entries under weapons that require pistol.

I imagine FC wouldn't release their dev tools, so someone would also need to write tools and parsers to create valid database entries from an input form and then display the results in an easy-on-the-eye format.

In any case... if we're allowed to add procs from the nano database, I'm in!
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

i volunteer to fix the craphander and envy.

freaking awesome idea!!!

changes in our lifetime :P

Our chief weapon is bow...bow and double AS cross bow...Our two weapons are bow and crossbow...and two handed staff.... Our *three* weapons are bow, crossbow, and a staff...I'll come in again.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast