Thread: Key bindings wipe with GMS useage

Key bindings wipe with GMS useage

Was doing some shopping for and alt of mine, whom was duel logged at the time. I ran over to the GMS started looking up AI types, and when I tried to run off after what I wanted on the shop my 'wasd' keys didn't work. I tried the arrow keys, and nothing. mouse worked but all keyboard commands didn't. I was able to type and everything out of game on word, and my alt worked just fine with the keyboard.

I'd petition but I can't stay up and wait for a GM at this hour (bleh work).

Did this happen to anyone else?
    Point Blank

This has been happening to every new character I made since I installed the most recent clean GUI.

After I installed it, all my characters had the W key unbound, and all new characters have WASD, up, down, left, right keys unassigned as well.

It's been quite frustrating, but for me I don't think it was the GMS, I think it was the GUI.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

gotcha, still though this happened on a toon that's been around since '05. My GUI has been the same since LoX launched. Then next day everything was working find, it was like the keyboard was unplugged for just that one AO client.

I'll mess with it a bit more and see if I can get it to happen again.

Thanks Red
    Point Blank

I'm surprised to hear that other people are having this issue. For me, I recently upgraded my PC, DLd a new install of AO, and copied over my prefs. About half my accounts (I have 8) have all had one or more key bindings drop. The walk forward one is probably the biggest pain (especially because it took me a couple of minutes of walking backwards around RBA to figure out that it might just be my key binding ). But I haven't noticed anything specific in game that wipes out key bindings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I dont think it has anything to do with GMS, because this happens to me a lot as well, and I only have one char, a dedicated neutral fixer, I use for GMS.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Nothing to do with GMS. Even when copying over prefs folder, the new key bindings change will wipe the movement keys of any toon thats logged in for the first time on a fresh client install. It also seems to wipe them every patch. It also does it randomly at times in terms of what toons it effects, and random as to when it does it. Its an annoying issue, but rebindable keys are worth some teething issues imho
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Yeah, been messing with the GMS, and pressing movement keys at the same time. works fine.
    Well for what ever it's worth, if your keyboard suddenly /fails on you just log out and back in, and things will return to normal...

and back up your prefs!
    Point Blank

After the last patch, my customized key for walking forward was reset to the default for all my characters/accounts. Strangely enough, none of the other customized keys were reset to the default, just the walking forward.

Note: I use the default GUI, not a custom GUI.
    Last edited by tiralee; Feb 23rd, 2011 at 13:57:22. Reason: Added Note