Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are u afraid of these balance changes ?

all tho theyre gonna **** up Martial artist so bad that no one will play on it
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    all tho theyre gonna **** up Martial artist so bad that no one will play on it
    I thought they did that all ready oO Look around, pvp is not something most MA's want to do, its so hard and requires most of your time too... most people don't have the patience or believe in the outcome. I'm seriously excited for re balancing, I feel perfect where I'm at, but the changes they're suggesting sound even better. When I look at the nerfs I'll take, I realize they're even bigger nerfs to other people - a net gain. Then, we'll get even more defense and protection against the few things that ignore our evades like AS, in parry/riposte (assumption). With enough NR you'll be god mode, and we'll be relying more on our actual martial arts, as opposed to being slaves to the swap. (Not that I don't like swapping, it's just not for everybody)

*Edit: I forget you're on a different server, maybe ma's are more prolific there, but in TL7 BS on rk2, my org mate Garth07 and I are pretty much the only omni MA's you'll see in there... every time I see any other's I get all excited, like when a dead corpse (from a complex movement inside) appears to live again.

to the topic: http://thinkexist.com/quotations/fear/
    Last edited by odyceus; Feb 24th, 2011 at 19:42:34.

I think that a lot of people are going to come back to the game and be severely disappointed. I honestly have no faith. I don't think it can be done. The only ones left are the hardcore players and some of them may be turned off by the changes. Maybe I'll throw $15 at it in 5 years when this actually hits live, maybe I'll have moved on by then. I've already pulled the plug on it because of no new content for so long. Levelling alts got boring years ago.
    Waiting for a cure.

I personally can't wait; of course I am the most optimistic person ever
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I hope that all the current players are eclipsed by a new wave of players, and that our opinions will matter now, but not in the future. I think there are a lot of people out there, like a few million wow players, who might also feel like they're reaching the peak of their experience in those games. People come and go, FC is trying to make a game that will net in a larger chunk of that flow.
    Last edited by odyceus; Feb 24th, 2011 at 23:56:56.

im worried that the pvp balancing is really gonna mess up the pvm side of things.

In AO's case, the only outcome scarier than things changing is things staying the same.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by odyceus View Post
    I thought they did that all ready oO Look around, pvp is not something most MA's want to do, its so hard and requires most of your time too... most people don't have the patience or believe in the outcome. I'm seriously excited for re balancing, I feel perfect where I'm at, but the changes they're suggesting sound even better. When I look at the nerfs I'll take, I realize they're even bigger nerfs to other people - a net gain. Then, we'll get even more defense and protection against the few things that ignore our evades like AS, in parry/riposte (assumption). With enough NR you'll be god mode, and we'll be relying more on our actual martial arts, as opposed to being slaves to the swap. (Not that I don't like swapping, it's just not for everybody)

*Edit: I forget you're on a different server, maybe ma's are more prolific there, but in TL7 BS on rk2, my org mate Garth07 and I are pretty much the only omni MA's you'll see in there... every time I see any other's I get all excited, like when a dead corpse (from a complex movement inside) appears to live again.

to the topic: http://thinkexist.com/quotations/fear/
    Ehmm i dont know why everyone talking MA sux atm, Angevil/heroooo beat the shi* out of almost everyone atm ( including OP engis )
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

my main is a soldier
    so yes

I'm not worried at all, I'll most likely be playing if the core of the game remains the same, what they do to profession nanos and perks I couldn't care less about, I play AO for it's mechanics, not for what nanos and perks my played profession has.

If I have to make yet another toon to find what I like the best after the changes. Then so be it, I play because I think it's fun, I don't mind making a new toon and bringing it up from start if I have to
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    If I have to make yet another toon to find what I like the best after the changes. Then so be it, I play because I think it's fun, I don't mind making a new toon and bringing it up from start if I have to
    That's good for you. But I dare say that a large portion of the present ao community is quite matured. If they have to remake their toons that they spent thousands of hours on, or even make new ones to stay competetive I believe there is a fairly big risk that they will go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    That's good for you. But I dare say that a large portion of the present ao community is quite matured. If they have to remake their toons that they spent thousands of hours on, or even make new ones to stay competetive I believe there is a fairly big risk that they will go somewhere else.
    I doubt anyone will have to make a new character just to stay competitive, they are trying for balance after all :P And don't say that anyone will have to, because you can't measure things by pure numbers shown in documents, start crying for that when the server for testing it is up.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

yeah that´s so true. only reason that prevented me from leaving ao in the last years (and ofc the last 2-3 boring years on rk3 where it was nothing more than a nice instant messanger with nice graphics^^) was that i had something accomplished in this game. got a lot chars up, equip + a lot deep knowledge of the game. finally i reached a point where i could just logon and start pvping or do something i like instead of grinding the **** out of it.

i tried a lot other games. but the lack of game-time (yeah i got a job... dont have time to play 10 hours a day) and the lack of ingame-knowledge, etc. put me back into AO where i have "everything". since i´m not a student anymore i dont have the time to get that deep into something new...

so if everything in ao changes so dramatically that we would have to re-do everything...chars, equip, etc. i would rather quit the game and start something with more potential instead of spending my awesome 4 hours of free time every evening into a 10 year old game where i have to re-do my things for another 1-2 years until i´m at the same point as i am atm.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    In AO's case, the only outcome scarier than things changing is things staying the same.
    Amen.

In short: No.

Progress will not come from doing the same, but changes. Maybe Im not afraid cause I played AO for so long that its boring today. Hence, any changes, esp. those that brings a challenge, is welcome.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

I doubt anyone will have to make a new character just to stay competitive,
    On what do you base that assumption? Would you argue that FC has shown over the years that it is in tune with what the impact the changes it makes to balance is?

they are trying for balance after all :P
    Yes but unfortunately trying isn't the same as doing. Given their track record I don't see how you can trust them to be able to change everything once when they can't even balance single items in the past.

And don't say that anyone will have to, because you can't measure things by pure numbers shown in documents, start crying for that when the server for testing it is up.
    If we aren't supposed to give our opinions about the documents then what is the point of them?

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    since i´m not a student anymore i dont have the time to get that deep into something new...
    Whut! I haz 2 hours of gameplay in weekdays and i'm student! pff.

Hmmm My main is MP so.... No
    I haz an Enf so.... Yes
    I have ****loads of leveling toons.... Maybe

Well, I'm afraid of wtf will happen with rebalance... but it cant be worse than now. Its almost impossible to make MPs so damn worse than current ones, so I'm looking for it.

(Not so) Small note about all future new items grindage: You can get everything u think u will need now, slowly. And, I just did a full ip reset on an alpha equiped nm mp () last week and it was far easier than the first time. Refit your character will prolly take 1 day and some millions in perk reset npc.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    i tried a lot other games. but the lack of game-time (yeah i got a job... dont have time to play 10 hours a day) and the lack of ingame-knowledge, etc. put me back into AO where i have "everything". since i´m not a student anymore i dont have the time to get that deep into something new...

so if everything in ao changes so dramatically that we would have to re-do everything...chars, equip, etc. i would rather quit the game and start something with more potential instead of spending my awesome 4 hours of free time every evening into a 10 year old game where i have to re-do my things for another 1-2 years until i´m at the same point as i am atm.
    If I did not know that I was me and you were you, I would swear that you were me...cuz that is exactly how I feel. I have been looking at other games lately, but, I realize on each and every one of them that, if I need to put in the kind of time that I once did in AO to enjoy them like I do AO now (in a casual manner), it is not going to happen. Why I am convinced I will be the last person dragged kicking and screaming from this game.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Liamboru View Post
    If I did not know that I was me and you were you, I would swear that you were me...cuz that is exactly how I feel. I have been looking at other games lately, but, I realize on each and every one of them that, if I need to put in the kind of time that I once did in AO to enjoy them like I do AO now (in a casual manner), it is not going to happen. Why I am convinced I will be the last person dragged kicking and screaming from this game.
    And that's how many more feel. And the day the general population realize they have to remake their toons completely just to play it will be like this.

*lol*

/account canceled

/goodbye on the forum

In no particular order.

And that's how many more feel. And the day the general population realize they have to remake their toons completely just to play it will be like this.

*lol*

/account canceled

/goodbye on the forum

In no particular order.
    Considering all the stuff AO players have put up with in the past, this doesn't seem like a reasonable or plausible point of view. The average AO player will put up with a daily savage beating just to play through terrible lag and dropouts. Having to re-equip toons in order to enjoy a completely reworked and (in theory) superior game system not designed by crackheads is an easy deal to seal by AO player standards.

We're masochists, and FC damn well knows it
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Considering all the stuff AO players have put up with in the past, this doesn't seem like a reasonable or plausible point of view. The average AO player will put up with a daily savage beating just to play through terrible lag and dropouts. Having to re-equip toons in order to enjoy a completely reworked and (in theory) superior game system not designed by crackheads is an easy deal to seal by AO player standards.

We're masochists, and FC damn well knows it
    Just because it's been like this in the past doesn't mean it will be the same thing now. It's a new situation and the competition from other newer, cheaper, more good looking games is harder than ever before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast