Thread: New/ semi changed nanos

New/ semi changed nanos

Wondering how the change of nanos will be implemented.

Not talking about Scheol/ Winsted/ DB/ APF nanos, as those I guess just changes from old to new.

Ex: on my adv i got both best root/snare resist. What is needed to get the new best combined root/snare resist nano?

I think of those nanos that will replace old nanos, but not directly.
    - Will it be a new farm round of RK dynas?
    - Will lower ones be purchasable in RK shops/ SL gardens?
    - Will some higher ql become purchasable in SL gardens? / Alternatively farmed on RK dynas? / LE purchasable?

Maybe i missed some nota around the implementation of the new nanos?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

I'm not sure the mechanics of this have been discussed. I'm really curious about this too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

There was a mention by Kintaii somewhere that alot of the nanos are just old nanos changed completely. So those nanos you would get in the same way (i.e. rollable/quest/etc) and if you already had them they would simply be the new nano.

I don't recall anything being said about completely new nanos.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    There was a mention by Kintaii somewhere that alot of the nanos are just old nanos changed completely. So those nanos you would get in the same way (i.e. rollable/quest/etc) and if you already had them they would simply be the new nano.

I don't recall anything being said about completely new nanos.
    Yep, pretty much this. I mean I'm not saying that there won't be *any* new nanos, but the vast majority of what we're doing will all just be older nanos which we've changed around. If there *are* any new nanos introduced (and honestly i don't think we've made any truly 'new' nanos in this process yet), then they will be relatively easy to aquire (probably in a shop somewhere) and will not require massive effort to get.

Not to say that we won't add in *more* nanos down the line you guys might want. Just that the ones in the rebalancing documents are pretty much all just reworkings of older ones. Rebalancing hits, you'll log in, and if you had the old nano, you'll automatically have the new. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

proof of concept would be when traders gth and br nanos were adjusted. when i logged in after patch, i didnt have to get the nanos again, they were still there and still on my hot bar ready to go.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Well, I would not exclusively say that there are not *any* new nanos, but Im not the one developing the changes. However, if one look at the shades doc, one find f.ex.: "New Line: Sharp Object Buffs" and "Martial Arts Buffs: 209, New Line: Dimach Buffs"

These are the kind of nanos that I meant, not the ones that what just changed from one type to another. For me, and with the wording FC chose, they *are* new.

Anyway, Kintaii sorta answered the q.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Well, I would not exclusively say that there are not *any* new nanos, but Im not the one developing the changes. However, if one look at the shades doc, one find f.ex.: "New Line: Sharp Object Buffs" and "Martial Arts Buffs: 209, New Line: Dimach Buffs"

These are the kind of nanos that I meant, not the ones that what just changed from one type to another. For me, and with the wording FC chose, they *are* new.
    They are making it more easier on themselves by redoing the nanolines and stacking orders. So that either nanos work differently than before (for example, AMS/TMS is now in a Emergency Reflect Buff line so it stacks with our regular reflect so we won't have those weird holes of no reflect anymore), or the stacking order makes more sense (SL shields and RK ones. RRFE won't be overwritten by prenul sphere anymore).

Given that they want to change up some of the nanos so they don't have everything attached to them, new nanolines would have to be created so you won't have buffs stacking in an unintended way.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid