Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Terminate the alien cacoons"

"Terminate the alien cacoons"

I talked about this with many friends in game but it seams only i have that problem.

Somehow i can't get update after terminating all coons.

I tryed everything...Right click on tool from inventory/hotbar/shift right click/ kill them in dif order/kill them with , w/o aggro of those vectors no matter what i do its the same.

Every time i use that item it destroy coon as it should but ppl told me after using it on 10th coon it should give me update "return to the agency" and i dont get that update and if i try to speak with agency NPC they dont have option to reward me for completed mish.

If anyone had/know this problem plz help guys...its so lame :P
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

the item disappears after you destroyed the 10th coon with it. it doesnt work if you zone out of the mish before all 10 are done. then you have to start again with 10 coons. so after it is dissappeared you should have your quest updated.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Yea but it dosnt disappear after 10th coon and i dont get mish update i dont know why :/

and you killed 10 coons allrdy with it? and didnt zone out? try kill some more. there should be much more than only 10.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    I talked about this with many friends in game but it seams only i have that problem.
    Theres your first mistake, talking to yourself doesnt count as "many friends".

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Yea but it dosnt disappear after 10th coon and i dont get mish update i dont know why :/
    Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    and you killed 10 coons allrdy with it? and didnt zone out? try kill some more. there should be much more than only 10.
    Im going with the above, you didnt actually kill 10. The mission doesnt say how many more you have left to kill, and theres always more than 10 in the mission, try killing more and see if it updates.

Ive done the mission a few times on my 150 Enf, always seems to get the final update.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Theres your first mistake, talking to yourself doesnt count as "many friends".
    lol u got me! :P

Seriously i clear that room every time with 0 coons left but no update...

Meh forget it...ill just skip that mish...

Ty anyway guys

there is NO room that has 10 coons in it. it´s 9! and you have to find another 1....

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    there is NO room that has 10 coons in it. it´s 9! and you have to find another 1....
    So ur saying last coon is somewhere on the ship but not in that room where is boss/other coons?

There is more than one room with cocoons and more than 10 cocoons on the ship.

There is one room with a boss like alien and 9 cocoons.

I usually complete the mission without visiting that particular room, since there are plenty of cocoons in the other rooms.

There's actually a lot more than 10 cocoons on the ship. If you buy the cocoon terminator item from the shop in the daily building you can pop 10 and get the update and still have the terminator to pop the rest since the bought one doesnt disappear after mission update. It is nice extra axp if you're willing to spend more time on the ship
    I usually clear the whole ship out and get 70-80k axp from the mobs before I even turn the mission in to the agency.

The 10 cocoons are in multiple rooms around the ship.

Most ive seen in 1 room is 6.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    There's actually a lot more than 10 cocoons on the ship. If you buy the cocoon terminator item from the shop in the daily building you can pop 10 and get the update and still have the terminator to pop the rest since the bought one doesnt disappear after mission update. It is nice extra axp if you're willing to spend more time on the ship
    I usually clear the whole ship out and get 70-80k axp from the mobs before I even turn the mission in to the agency.
    I always try to eliminate every alium on board before popping the tenth cocoon. I had no idea that the purchased terminator sticks around after ten. Next cocoon mish I get, I'll try it out 'cause I know eventually I'll blank out and activate more than nine (completing the mission), do something stupid to get sent to reclaim, and be unable to re-enter before I clear the rest of the ship for more AXP. Thanks!
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Id never thought about clearing the mission tbh, and could never quite figure out why you could buy the injector when the handler gives you one anyway.

Most ive seen in 1 room is 6.
    The room with the boss mob does have 9.

As I recall there are
    4 rooms with 1
    2 rooms with 3
    2 rooms with 6
    1 room with 9

and
    4 turrets
    15 regular mobs
    1 boss

The AXP from these is a neat little addition to the mish total but of course clearing the mish is not necessary, the mob AXP is somewhere around 10-15-20% of the mish reward.

I've done that mish waay to often..
    could never quite figure out why you could buy the injector when the handler gives you one anyway.
    I've wondered the same thing, one can also buy a bomb and a few other items.
    The best explanation I've thought of is that this way when someone deletes the ray gun/bomb/whatever and petitions about it the reply can be a simple, "Go to the agency and buy one, have a nice day."
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

I have done that mission many many many times. kill your way back to the general room (usually only have the few mobs in the hallway to deal with). Get back to that general room. Kill all the cocoons (there are only NINE in there though).

Then, and here is the step you are apparently not doing.... and you can do this without killing anything else.

Run down that hallway, take the one in the middle (I usually head left), and ignore the moving mob and the static mob.. run right back to the TENTH cocoon, click the item on it (Note: you DONT have to kill the larva.. just terminate the TENTH cocoon), and wala, you should hear the music of "mission update".. and you can turn on your heel (again, you dont even need to kill the larva)... and run out without messing with any other mob (not needed).

Return to Agency, and report mission complete to the Agency Alien handler. And AXP awarded.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

You can also enter and go left. first room on left has 3 cocoons in it. Then go up left side to first room on right with 6 and kill them and them continue up left side to first room on left and it has 1. That is your ten. Have to kill 5 mobs this way for those gimpy toons that find this hard to do.

I had done this mission probably 30 times before I knew it had a boss like mob in a room. Found that entertaining. But it is a great mission for AXP.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

^This. My preferred method.

The thing that really needs to be emphasised here is that you cannot leave the mission once you have entered for any reason, or you will not be able to complete the daily. It all has to be done in the one instance without deaths and without leaving. This is different than pretty much any other alien daily and is noted in the description for the mission, I believe. So, if you die in the middle of the mission before you have opened 10 coons, just delete and move on. If you accidentally zone out after entering. Delete and move on. If you get into a spot of trouble and zone out to lose agg. Delete and move on.

But I have never had this mission not update for me properly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

I normally kill 4 mobs with my midlvl alts (walker left, static left, static right and the one just behind the next door)... with the highlvl alts I just train them until I opened 10 cocoons
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    You can also enter and go left. first room on left has 3 cocoons in it. Then go up left side to first room on right with 6 and kill them and them continue up left side to first room on left and it has 1. That is your ten. Have to kill 5 mobs this way for those gimpy toons that find this hard to do.

I had done this mission probably 30 times before I knew it had a boss like mob in a room. Found that entertaining. But it is a great mission for AXP.
    i do it the same way but havnt reached that point with a boss yet :P..

he had phatz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    The thing that really needs to be emphasised here is that you cannot leave the mission once you have entered for any reason, or you will not be able to complete the daily. It all has to be done in the one instance without deaths and without leaving.
    This is wrong.

Leaving the mission causes it to reset, respawning mobs and setting the "killed cocoon" counter back to 0.
    Which means that if you leave after killing 9 cocoons and then reenter you will once again have to kill 10.
    Which has been mentioned earlier in this thread.

The "don't leave the mish area" clause refers to killing 10 cocoons without leaving, not that leaving will render the mission uncompletable.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast