Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 25th, 2011 - The dust is settling

Friday with Means - February 25th, 2011 - The dust is settling

The dust is slowly settling here in Montreal and the systems are finally starting to come together. Macrosun has done some great work in getting things up and running again...which is a horrible, long and frustrating task...just like anything else where you put in weeks of work with the eventual goal of "having what you had before". Needless to say we should be up to 100% again within the next week and we should be seeing builds coming to TestLive not long after. On a personal note for myself and all the team members we are all finally getting settled in here in Montreal so the necessary "Life Stuff" should also stop interrupting our plans. (I finally finished moving my family into our new home last night at 4am!)

The Engine:

I am sorry if there was any confusion with the information I gave out before concerning delays. When I mentioned that this move would result in significant delays I should have specifically mentioned that this of course would also affect the engine work. We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2...but at this point it is still dependent on the release of the new version of the engine in Conan as to how much resource we will get in getting it set up and running. There are a few visual glitches (shadows, water and grass) I absolutely want repaired before we open it up...but we need external assistance in resolving those before we continue. I have to admit to being a bit critical of what I will allow outside the building with our expectations being so high. On a positive note the more time the artists get before we open it up the better the first versions will look. Work is getting close to complete on new bodies and heads and a great deal of the "high impact + most used" resources (trees rocks etc) are being upgraded at a good pace while we wait for the tech to come together.

Rebalancing:

Work has been going well and the feedback we have received on our recent releases has been constructive and largely very helpful. Work has begun in earnest on the MP document and the NT and Agent should not be far behind. More work will be done to the Trader profession and we will be releasing a new version of their nano document before we make changes. Once the profession nano documents are complete and a more complete bigger picture is in place we will be having another go at the perks, a round of feedback, and then it will be time to roll up our sleeves and get it into testing as soon as possible. We have spent a great deal of time on this initiative and I fully believe it will be worth the effort to have done this right.

Next week I'll take some time to speak about some of the work going on that is NOT engine or balance related...as there is a significant amount of great stuff in the pipeline that falls outside these areas.

We are getting ready to start registration for the 10th Anniversary event here in Montreal and hope to have that up in the next 10 days to allow us to run the best possible event on the right scale. We barely fit in the venue last time and we want to be sure to make sure everything runs smoothly here in Montreal.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

The last!

So when do we get in beta? Or can we?

Pet rework? Itemisation? In when to expect more on these?
    Last edited by Ekarona; Feb 25th, 2011 at 17:14:43.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Event name: MMOATP Testlive Monthly GSP Party Dimension: Test server (RK0)
    Date&Time: Sunday, February 27, 2011 4:00 PM [Eastern Daylight Time]

Other common dates and times:
    Sunday 09:00 PM [UTC/GMT (Greenwich Standard Time)]
    Sunday 10:00 PM [Central European Time]
    Sunday 04:00 PM [Eastern Standard Time]
    Sunday 03:00 PM [Central Standard Time]
    Sunday 02:00 PM [Mountain Standard Time]
    Sunday 01:00 PM [Pacific Standard Time]

Become a tester

Come and Visit, you never know, you may enjoy it ;p

also DJ LAURI!!!
    Last edited by nubbs; Feb 25th, 2011 at 17:50:22. Reason: It wasn't enough
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

3rd!
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

Aw no NT doc? Sadface
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

hi!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

OMFG I have dust in my eyes!!!!!!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

first page!

Great new Means, looking forward to the new "new stuff and engine as always"

On a side note, im bored to pieces trying to finish this months CBT, and while listening to a swedish person speak some very fine english, teaching me about security, 5th year in a row, and in earnest effort trying to be first on your post, I declare this almost impossible:

Check page, jump in, check bs invite, check CBT, reload page at second 20-30, 6 posts after yours....amzing speed!
    Last edited by MrMacdk; Feb 25th, 2011 at 17:22:25.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

8th ...I think.

Edit: Yep

Edit: pl0x...geif Full IPR, I've been waiting over a year now for rebalance and wanting to give grenade a try, console me (and my fellow players) by giving us a much needed Full IPR, we hazn't had one in such a long long long long long long long long long long long long long (you get the picture) time.

Edit: ...and stack personal furnaces (and other ts items) ...you said you'd have a look at it
    Last edited by Stigman; Feb 25th, 2011 at 17:24:25.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

In before 2nd page nerf
    Qret 220 Bureaucrat
    Musstang 103 Enforcer
    Pherto 106 Fixer

proud Unit Member of
    Storm

good news
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

First
    Screeny of new bodies?

Also, I would like to point out that today it the 25th..
    Last edited by Colawrenn; Feb 25th, 2011 at 20:13:40.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Work has begun in earnest on the MP document and the NT and Agent should not be far behind.
    *nail biting commences*
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

So can we get to see some new bits of engine any time soon?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Best FWM post ever. Thanks for all the info!

Edit: @ Ekarona, he just said we'll see an early beta end of this quarter beginning of next. That sounds pretty soon to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Woot for trader doc rework.....

OMFG!!!! MP!!!!!!!! /dies
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Best FWM post ever. Thanks for all the info!

Edit: @ Ekarona, he just said we'll see an early beta end of this quarter beginning of next. That sounds pretty soon to me.
    Early beta, is it limited to some group or public? When they give access to general public?

Quote Originally Posted by nubbs View Post
    Event name: MMOATP Testlive Monthly GSP Party Dimension: Test server (RK0)
    Date&Time: Sunday, February 27, 2011 4:00 PM [Eastern Daylight Time]

Other common dates and times:
    Sunday 09:00 PM [UTC/GMT (Greenwich Standard Time)]
    Sunday 10:00 PM [Central European Time]
    Sunday 04:00 PM [Eastern Standard Time]
    Sunday 03:00 PM [Central Standard Time]
    Sunday 02:00 PM [Mountain Standard Time]
    Sunday 01:00 PM [Pacific Standard Time]

Become a tester

Come and Visit, you never know, you may enjoy it ;p
    Where is EET? Now I don't know when it is

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast