go for it

edit: 1st of page 4... uhm... cake? \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptiva View Post
    The patch never existed.... There is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    Can I be the thread troll?
    Request Granted...

Processing....

Topics for Trolling Available: Means' horse and the theoretical possibility of it's demise, Dust Brigade innuendo in FWM title, lack of information on next expansion even tho it has never been announced or mentioned, whine about no mini-games or space sim alien battles above Rubi-Ka and last but not least... how does the Canadian and Norwegian hamsters compare in the power output for the AO servers?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Canadian hamsters are fueled by beer and donuts. Flawless victory.

I completely neglected to consider the influence of Norwegian metal. If Norwegian hamsters can be fitted for headphones the steady stream of black metal could easily compensate for the lack of donuts.

i hope i get paid next friday... wait, wrong context?
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    of course we're only at page 3, there's nothing for the trolls to troll about, he gave hoped dates and other info, now the trolls are just trying to make up stuff.
    Have you ever tried to generate material based on a single topic for more than 3 years? It's hard stuff dude.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2...but at this point it is still dependent on the release of the new version of the engine in Conan as to how much resource we will get in getting it set up and running.
    Ah, so late Q1 or early Q2 of 2012? As expected. Carry on....

We are getting ready to start registration for the 10th Anniversary event here in Montreal
    Hint: Handcuff the camcorder bag to your wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    I knew the BETA was coming out this year, and if anyone else was dreaming of having a fully working engine just drop out of the sky then I gotta say, you sir/madam /failed to keep yourself informed about the engine. Your fault for not doing research.
    And this, folks, is a prime example of what we like to call "Fanboy Fail". Key indicators of this fail point towards the "insider information" that this person claims to know, despite FC not even being certain on the topic. Also, claiming we need to do research on the engine is ironic, considering that if he had done the "research", he would know that the community is not asking for an engine to "just drop out of the sky".

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    And this, folks, is a prime example of what we like to call "Fanboy Fail". Key indicators of this fail point towards the "insider information" that this person claims to know, despite FC not even being certain on the topic. Also, claiming we need to do research on the engine is ironic, considering that if he had done the "research", he would know that the community is not asking for an engine to "just drop out of the sky".
    I've been here since the beta days before the game came out, I've had quite a nice relationship with Funcom and even worked with a previous Game Director for a few years before FC hired him. There are things that I got over the years through reliable sources, other info I got directly from people working there. It's just common sense that I can mention only things which I was ALLOWED to share or that were already made public later on.

I'm far from a fanboy, but neither am I going to become a damn troll making demands, calling devs and Means a liar or become another "the game will be dead in a year" doomsday crier.

Yes, I was far more critical of FC in the first five years of the game, however since Silirrion became GD and then Means, things have improved a lot. The level of communication between FC/Dev Team and the Community is far better than back in 2001.

On the "FC not even being certain on the topic" you seem to ignore simple facts.

The move to Montreal was a bump to development across the board.

The new engine is a modified Dreamworld engine from AoC which is also getting an upgrade itself meaning that they need to wait until the AoC Dev Team has their latest upgraded version fully stable and working.

Your own signature shows you're a troll and currently dislike FC "Not only is Funcom allowing people to cheat the game by "selling credits", they freely admit to it and will punish you for providing legitimate negative feedback on it.
    Do as I say, not as I do??? That won't work for long..."

You've made it clear you can't wait for Earthrise (your own AO2, your words) to replace AO and you're quite looking forward to it. So, what the hell are you doing trolling those of us who still like AO and want to be informed?

If you don't like the game, don't like the company and are jumping on your chair for another MMO to come out to "replace" AO... there is the door.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Some people are tired of trolls and some people are tired of people who presume to speak for FC. Loitering on FC IRC does not provide one with the ability to speak for FC. The posi-trolls are just as bad and predictable as the real trolls.

Hi Means,

I admit i was among FC's advocate until the end of 2010, as things promised got delayed in a more & more delusionnal way every week. Okay, that's true the rebalance proposed seems interesting so far. That's cool to know you started a (needed) startup experience relift. We're conscious of the time/energy/dedication it takes to move all team in Montreal. But things are going WAY too slow & i'm starting to be afraid this will happen too late to keep AO alive.

It was, since today (to the exception of a player contribution for some old textures renewal) exactly the Fifth month without tangible news that side. Wich is a lot when, as an active player, you feel the population is lowering month after month, the expectations are fading out to indifference everywhere. A lot of us got tired of this silence & guessing games between FC financial report lines (that are scary for AO, to be honest ...) we played lastly.

So this was REALLY important to make the ETA this week, i'd say *endly*. But now that i read, news ain't good at all. Q1 won't be respected, and i despite to admit that was predictable. Q2 Beta doesn't sound well as you seem to "hope" only and to be forced to "wait AoC". That might lead us to Q3 very fast and even, eventually, Q4 or 2012 release. I'll stop speculations here, but i'm all doubtful FC wants to keep AO alive, now. May be i'm wrong & near future will proove.

This is just to express this that i posted. May be that's not really motivating for you to read, but you got to understand we (the few players on Testlive) are all ready/awaiting to debug this beta for nearly a year now, and people heard the promise of its release since 5 years or so ... so i think this state of mind reflects a lot of the playerbase, wich might be useful to know.

PS (@TL;DR) : please hurry before you achieve a somptuous crystal palace in an abandonned world ...
    Last edited by bitnykk; Feb 26th, 2011 at 02:35:48.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Shenanigans on the new engine....
    Labret 220/24 Martial Artist General Of The Union

Funkervogt 220/24 Keeper Henchman of the Goddess Pyro

Rivethed 220/17 Adventurer

Irtrade 220/16 Tradeskill trader

Panzerag 220/26 DD Whore

Dukenukey 220/24

I've been here since the beta days before the game came out, I've had quite a nice relationship with Funcom and even worked with a previous Game Director for a few years before FC hired him. There are things that I got over the years through reliable sources, other info I got directly from people working there. It's just common sense that I can mention only things which I was ALLOWED to share or that were already made public later on.

I'm far from a fanboy, but neither am I going to become a damn troll making demands, calling devs and Means a liar or become another "the game will be dead in a year" doomsday crier.

Yes, I was far more critical of FC in the first five years of the game, however since Silirrion became GD and then Means, things have improved a lot. The level of communication between FC/Dev Team and the Community is far better than back in 2001.

On the "FC not even being certain on the topic" you seem to ignore simple facts.

The move to Montreal was a bump to development across the board.

The new engine is a modified Dreamworld engine from AoC which is also getting an upgrade itself meaning that they need to wait until the AoC Dev Team has their latest upgraded version fully stable and working.

Your own signature shows you're a troll and currently dislike FC "Not only is Funcom allowing people to cheat the game by "selling credits", they freely admit to it and will punish you for providing legitimate negative feedback on it.
    Do as I say, not as I do??? That won't work for long..."

You've made it clear you can't wait for Earthrise (your own AO2, your words) to replace AO and you're quite looking forward to it. So, what the hell are you doing trolling those of us who still like AO and want to be informed?

If you don't like the game, don't like the company and are jumping on your chair for another MMO to come out to "replace" AO... there is the door.
    Lol at the poor sot who got a spankin for using profanity on the forums. I keep telling him, it is just a matter of context and who you are stroking.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    The Engine:
    We are not going to be able to release the engine beta which we will announce as the final version like we ever did with evers AO related thing in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Alpha which will be announced as a beta version" in Q1 or early Q2...but at this point it is still dependent on the release of the new version of the engine in Conan as to how much resource we will get in getting it set up and running, which totally sucks, because it's a horrible game and AO is way better in everything besides graphics. OMG... How I hate it that AO is treated like the ugly step child in this company and that we are supposed to work in a damn parking home! We asked for some windows, but no! Too expensive! Dammit! It's damn cold in a parking home like this without windows or doors to close in the Canadian winter! And you know why Macrosun took so long to get the systems up and running here? It's because he was hit by cars six times in the last two weeks while he was looking for something to plug in the power cords! And one could imagine how good it is for cables (and Macrosun!) to be constantly driven over.
    fixed.

Oh goodie. We're playing the "I've been here longer than you" card. Well, I've played starting 30 days after launch. I've been here on and off (mostly on) since then. Did we prove something by this? Nope.

Your relationship with Funcom does not equate "common sense" to "your statements", when your statements contradict Funcom. (see below)

I'm far from a fanboy, but neither am I going to become a damn troll making demands, calling devs and Means a liar.....
    You've already called Means a liar. You stated that you KNEW beta is coming this year, when Means stated that we could expect the new engine last year. As last year progressed, he changed it to say that they hope to see a beta by year end.....yet you know that it was coming the following year some how....

You mean facts like the ones highlighted below?

...but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2...

...but at this point it is still dependent on the release of the new version of the engine in Conan...

...There are a few visual glitches (shadows, water and grass) I absolutely want repaired before we open it up...but we need external assistance in resolving those before we continue...

...with our expectations being so high...
    Looks to me like Means has made it clear that they are far away from a beta. I'm not suggesting it won't happen this year, but the way he said that can't be used as definite evidence that beta will be this year.

Your own signature shows you're a troll and currently dislike FC
    My signature points out that Funcom is willing to break the one rule that players all over the world fear most when it comes to item shops. And that is selling credits. I can understand why Fanboys hate my pointing that out.

If you don't like the game
    I would think it's obvious by how long I've been here that I do like the game. I don't like the company however. If you don't like that, well....oh, well I don't care.

To the Mods: I'm done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by algoreith View Post
    you seem to know alot , and your professionnal, are you guys paid for play or what?
    I pay attention, unlike the people posting in an indignant rage. I pay my very own subscription and I spend time reading these forums to relay NT player concerns to the developers. All out of the kindness of my heart.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    You've already called Means a liar. You stated that you KNEW beta is coming this year, when Means stated that we could expect the new engine last year. As last year progressed, he changed it to say that they hope to see a beta by year end.....yet you know that it was coming the following year some how....
    Sometimes stuff happens which is unexpected in a project and dates get moved back. Considering the age of the current engine, and the limited resources which Means needs to balance out (he does have to answer to FC when it comes to budget costs) I think the reasons he has stated publicly are more than valid.

I haven't spoken to Means in weeks, at this time I know as much as most well informed players.

He is very open with the playerbase, and those who have worked to help the community over the years sometimes get lucky enough to get a few minutes of his time and chat with him.

I have great respect for Colin, Kintaii, Mactrosun and the rest of the Dev Team, and because of that I trust their work and intentions.

Trolls enjoy taking things apart and call those who don't agree with them fanboys in a weak attempt to strengthen their rants.

Today I logged in, ran a city raid and logged out because I got a cold. I had a good time, and the lack of a new engine, or prof balance didn't affect my 2hrs of play. I had fun and that is the main reason why gamers play a game, to have fun.

I had fun and that is the main reason why gamers play a game, to have fun.
    Zomg noo that's not allowed!!! You have to hate the game and whine about how it suddenly sucks because the new engine isn't here, despite that many of us have been playing the game for years upon years with the current engine and enjoyed the game just fine.

I mean.. if you've played the game since 30 days after launch and stayed this long you like the game right? Why suddenly does enjoyment rest upon the launch of a new engine?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

i am big buddy with everybody in the FC staff and i have to show that by calling them by their first name or telling u directly in almost every thread.
    i am so special and enlightened - did i say i know the staff personally? and i worked with blablabla... and i can only say...blablabla. but i am no fanboi - even tho i love everything they do and defend everything they even might do or say.
    fixed it for ya =)

honestly, get over it... knowing santa's reindeer relative 5th grade doesn't make u an elf or christmas prodigy.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    honestly, get over it
    Words of wisdom.

Now why can't we have all the haters who only pull out some list they've complied of Funcom's shortcomings and bitch about them just get over it?

You don't like it that Wind calls them by first name as some kind of "buddy buddy" thing but you're perfectly okay with people pointing out character flaws - so long as their real name isn't used cause you know, then insults would be personal.

So ya, honestly: get over it.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast