Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 25th, 2011 - The dust is settling

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Different people have different interests.
    We're in a day and age where many games are no longer won.
    But also where arbitrary statistics itself can become the objective of the game for a particular player.

Imposing restrictions on obtaining these statistics might actually serve as encouragement to obtaining them.
    If it's harder to obtain, there's more accomplishment in actually obtaining it.

Especially within an MMO where there's no set goal but yet a variety of activities are available, players create their own objectives.
    And there will always be those who value a short cut in reaching these objectives.

I wouldn't call them sad. Maybe immoral for 'cheating' at most.
    And likely, within their mindset, they're not cheating. They're faced with a challenge and overcame it.
    Dude, you're so Wall Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillkeeping View Post
    So uh, the general consensus, is we're glad Means moved to Montreal or no?

I've been to Montreal...I need to visit Oslo to compare them really.
    I think the general is yes, because they will have access to more of FC's dev team outside of the AO team now.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I think the general is yes, because they will have access to more of FC's dev team outside of the AO team now.
    Plus english is an official language now

I'm actually curious (pure curiosity before you guys read into this lol) about the legal status of funcom employees in Norway while they worked there. Did they get an official corporate invitation to come and work in Norway, and get temporary work visas, or...? Means had kids actually born in Norway or still in Canada? I know Kintaii has U.S. citizenship? Does Norway allow for dual citizenship?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillkeeping View Post
    Plus english is an official language now

It might be a "official language" but it is in Quebec where the language police will fine you if you even put up a sign that is in any other language than french:P
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    It might be a "official language" but it is in Quebec where the language police will fine you if you even put up a sign that is in any other language than french:P
    iirc any sign or billboard etc.. that is put up in quebec must have the french 200% of the size of any other language also on the sign/board/etc

some loony laws never disappear i guess. also, you can't make a right hand turn on a red light in quebec, so i would expect someone on the ao team to get pulled over by the donut patrol at some point for doing it.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

You can't turn on red in most countries you know (unless you have an exceptional green arrow or smth stating otherwise) :P
    blah

damn, I didn't know about that no right hand thing, glad I didn't go up last time because I would have gotten a ticket for it. Damn that's weird.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    iirc any sign or billboard etc.. that is put up in quebec must have the french 200% of the size of any other language also on the sign/board/etc

some loony laws never disappear i guess. also, you can't make a right hand turn on a red light in quebec, so i would expect someone on the ao team to get pulled over by the donut patrol at some point for doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    You can't turn on red in most countries you know (unless you have an exceptional green arrow or smth stating otherwise) :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    damn, I didn't know about that no right hand thing, glad I didn't go up last time because I would have gotten a ticket for it. Damn that's weird.
    I bet it's just to mess with us Americans! Since I'm not aware of any state that doesn't allow right-on-red, unless posted.

Hell, In some areas of Atlanta, you can even turn left on red!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    I bet it's just to mess with us Americans! Since I'm not aware of any state that doesn't allow right-on-red, unless posted.

Most Countries, American States are not countries
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Most Countries, American States are not countries
    but but but California has the 7th largest economy in the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Official language of the country has very little to do with official language for company's internal use.

The Oslo office is officially English too.

The language usually just shifts based on who's taking part in the conversation.
    I doubt the Norwegians suddenly start talking more English among each other because of the location
    They love their gibberish too much!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    if you're referring to countries that drive on the left side of the road, then I wont argue with you. they shouldn't be able to do a right hand turn on a red light.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 22:13:45.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    For real? Hahaha that's kinda awesome. I respect french; its a beautiful language and deserves to be the lingua franca. Well after Russian of course ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab
    The Oslo office is officially English too.

The language usually just shifts based on who's taking part in the conversation.
    I doubt the Norwegians suddenly start talking more English among each other because of the location
    They love their gibberish too much!
    Does this impy that Kintaii learned norwegian? And means? And Сергей, the russian coder?

I can't imagine a fellow russian learning the language. I mean, I wanted to at one point...but damn. My Iq's only like 110.
    Last edited by Stillkeeping; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 23:50:04.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    if you're referring to countries that drive on the left side of the road, then I wont argue with you. they shouldn't be able to do a right hand turn on a red light.
    WAIT! Red light means stop, by all means ;o How can u turn around if u need to be stopped?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    WAIT! Red light means stop, by all means ;o How can u turn around if u need to be stopped?
    Americans drive on the wrong side of the road (to spite the British, like pretty much every country that drives on the right hand side of the road), and have very large roads with good views so it's safe for them to turn right on red as they should be able to see and stop for any pedestrians. They have signs up where it's not safe to do so as well.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Mar 3rd, 2011 at 00:08:30.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Americans drive on the wrong side of the road (to spite the British, like pretty much every country that drives on the right hand side of the road), and have very large roads with good views so it's safe for them to turn right on red as they should be able to see and stop for any pedestrians. They have signs up where it's not safe to do so as well.
    Weird... >.>

Here in Brazil, if the light is red, no matter if u turn left, right or go straight ahead (omg!) many things can happen: 1) You strike another car 2) You strike people! 3) You have to pay any damage you made while this super stupidness 4) You have to pay around 750 reais (the min salary is 540 atm) as infraction 5) You lost your drive license 6) They got your car. Itens 4 and 5 happens always, 6 when you had another infraction. So, Its a damn really bad thing to do!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

In Florida if you are turning from a one way street to another one way street then you can also make left turn on red. Any turning on red felt really weird to me when I first came to USA from Europe.

oklahoma we can turn left on red if your turning off a one way to a one way.
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by krattonomic View Post
    oklahoma we can turn left on red if your turning off a one way to a one way.
    blasphemy!!!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast