Thread: S10 Twink Advice

S10 Twink Advice

Hello everyone,

I apologize in advance for beating a possible dead horse in terms of a topic that comes up a lot. But search did not come up with something to ease my mind.

I have been in a dilemma regarding twinking my toons. I currently have a L150 MA and Enf, and soon a 150 fixer as well. The Enf being the most twinked of the 2 and probably the most expensive thus far. I'm simply leveling the fixer for old sakes of GSF buffing and easing my mind with a good number to stop at. But I see advies doing S10 like it's cake, is that the true S10 farming class? I want to invest heavily into a toon that can solo S10 gens and farm them. The enf does well in his Chirop/SoC setup but just can't do gens it seems, maybe he needs more twinking. My MA is still very basic, with Notucomm being the only expensive piece atm. He's around the same feel as the enf. I don't mind rolling a new toon if that's what it takes.

So what is truly the most successful S10 farming toon in everyone's opinion? Advies? Soldiers? Enf's? what?

Thanks!

Rezzed my old S10 thread. See if that helps any. :3
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Make a toon that can get to bosses solo.

That means a Fixer, Crat, possibly Engi. While other professions can solo bosses potentially easier, getting to the bosses is the hardest part.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Thanks Saetos, and hmm I didn't even think about an Engi S10 Twink, that actually sounds really doable and profitable.
    Last edited by Memphisraves; Mar 6th, 2011 at 18:37:37.

Good topic Memph, s10 is my next project, and a bit of "new" knowledge about this is never wrong. Thx Seatos to!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

AE, not EA :[

But nah, I kid. My post dates before the Pocketboss change to the bosses, so I'll go over that post with a fine-toothed comb in a little while.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphisraves View Post
    Thanks Seatos, and hmm I didn't even think about an Engi S10 Twink, that actually sounds really doable and profitable.
    The risky part of this is the incoming balance nerfs. If you want an "everlast" toon, Engi isn't it. Seeing as you already have a 220 Engi, perhaps considering another toon for s10 would be better, as you'll eventually have to level the engi because of the proposed blind nerf.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

isnt the blind just going to be nerfed pvp wise? or losing its pvm capabilities also?
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    The risky part of this is the incoming balance nerfs. If you want an "everlast" toon, Engi isn't it. Seeing as you already have a 220 Engi, perhaps considering another toon for s10 would be better, as you'll eventually have to level the engi because of the proposed blind nerf.
    Yep, if you want to farm s10, go with MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    isnt the blind just going to be nerfed pvp wise? or losing its pvm capabilities also?
    iirc, it won't be an AoE any more but a bot proc that will work on what the bot hits.

Crat is definitely the best choice. easy to get to bosses alone, bot+2 spiders kill generals pretty nicely. you can do it in pred armor and jame blaster and some cheap exterm symbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raaste View Post
    Crat is definitely the best choice. easy to get to bosses alone, bot+2 spiders kill generals pretty nicely. you can do it in pred armor and jame blaster and some cheap exterm symbs.
    Ill go for this tip, cheers mate!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Why not put a configuration for a fixer for s10 or MA?

Nice necro, but S10 is no longer worth farming ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Nice necro, but S10 is no longer worth farming ...
    That's entirely one opinion...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

best MA setup dps-wise in my sig: Critbull
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex