Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Universe Developer Interview #X - vhab!

Funcom employee AO Universe Developer Interview #X - vhab!

Not *technically* a dev interview but awesome none-the-less, the AO Universe guys recently sat down with former intern for Anarchy Online vhab to discuss his work and experiences with the team. As a personal aside, working with vhab was an utter pleasure and we were really thrilled to have him on the team - The work he did was outstanding and we really hope to have the chance to work with him again in the future. =)

Enough rambling though - The interview can be found here: http://www.ao-universe.com/viewtopic.php?t=4517

Enjoy!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

first

doh...not FWM

Gratz on the character selection area, looking forward to it.

Last edited by Stigman; Mar 11th, 2011 at 17:01:42.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Wait, nobody told me that was being recorded!

*runs for it*
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Mar 11th, 2011 at 16:27:17.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Night vision goggles ended making me actually able to play the game.

heh Back in the days people sure had quite different expectations of a good game. good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Wait, nobody told me that was being recorded!

*runs for it*
    LOLz

MP ENFO ROAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Borderless! Thx Vhab.
    Dragocz RK1

Borderless & Character name in title! Thanks vhab! *hugs*
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

WTB that character select screen. o.O
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

omg Borderless, awesome!

Great work there Vhab, and great work for the years you've put helping the community as well.

Mmm, ingame character selection...nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    WTB that character select screen. o.O
    Based on what I read/saw, I'm under the impression the final one will be different.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Yay borderless!

Thank you Vhab! <-- there ya go
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Good one Vhab
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Thanks for posting this over here Kintaii, and thank you again to Vhab for taking the time to go through the questions I asked on behalf of the entire AOU team (who aren't just guys.. but I will definitely let that slip go through without me making a big deal out of it ).

ETA for character selection screen?
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    ETA for character selection screen?
    ETA on bordeless? ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

For the record, I blushed at this...
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

So now, the obvious question:

While you were at Funcom, was there any talk of integrating functionality of Nano Nanny and Clicksaver into the client, or a server-based Helpbot?

I met Anarrina during the fan event just before I started my internship; let's say she gave me a good verbal whack to the head.
    Moderating people in real life? Must be great at parties

Also, didn't even know he was Dutch ;o Hoi.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Moderating people in real life? Must be great at parties

Also, didn't even know he was Dutch ;o Hoi.
    She also met me, but was completely ineffective at any attempts of moderation.

Also, Uber changes Can't wait to see them!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

LOL Vhab. You made Anarrina blushs!

P.s.: ROAR!!! We all lub u, Vhab Thanks, gimp
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast