Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 4th, 2011 - Montreal Party Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Anarchy Online 10th Anniversary Weekend
    Friday June 24th and Saturday June 25th

!

So my wife and I are RSVP'd for this. We are driving up From Toronto.. My wife is due on July 4th and shes being a trooper of wanting to come with me that weekend. She wont change her mind as she has proven what she can do with our other 2 kids while pregnant... So their is a chance she could go into labour that weekend...

So....If she does can the baby get a life time membership or a Pioneer Black Pack it if drops out on the floor in the AO building or Venue Floor? And since the baby can't use it I guess I will have to until it's old enough.. (yes, "it's, we dont want to know).

I Knew there was a reason why we are having a 3rd child muhaha... Anarchy Online..

Mega

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    There is a MASSIVE difference between, say, "I was wanting the engine out before now, don't understand why it's taking so long, and am rather upset over this whole process" and "omfg f u FC how dare you LIE to us again and again and again u cant keep ur PROMISES u keep making ur lying all the time u suck fc and how dare you lie about being sick ur not sick u liars **** u!!!1!" Surely you can see the difference between the two, correct?
    Yes, I see the difference between the two. The first one is a sensible discontent over a few promises being broken. The second is a sensible discontent over many years of repeated promise breaking and lies.

Perhaps you aren't aware just how bad your company is at planning and communication? This isn't "hater" talk. This isn't childish retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    You're paying for access to current content, have you not read your EULA?

You are paying for Funcom to maintain the servers, your character data, and that's about it.

You are not paying for the development of the game engine, you are not paying for the development of content patches, balance patches, or even bug patches. You are paying for the game AS IS.
    LOL!

If that was the case, the game would still be in the same state as it was during its first months (aka really unplayable).

But you want us to read the EULA? Ah, but lets use a little common sense. The EULA is not why people pay monthly to play the game. Most people don't even read the EULA. Each person pays monthly for different reasons, but in the majority case, they pay to enjoy the current content, knowing without a doubt that there will also be improvements to the game in the form of patches and new content.

If development stops, so does the monthly payments. Arguing otherwise is really just silly. And arguing that the EULA determines why people pay monthly for the game is really funny.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Mar 6th, 2011 at 22:16:05. Reason: Edited for profanity

The PvP aspect of AO isn't really that personally important to me, just personally, I have enough games that have better PvP mechanics than AO that I can enjoy PvP in. Not saying I don't take part in it when I'm playing but still. No my personal problem and why I have not renewed accounts, is because the game is just far too simple for me now days. I have become such an over powerd monster that the only things that CAN kill me are other players. Even then it's a rare thing...

AO's PvP mechanics are just kinda, meh, things could be better. AO2 would have been a better choice, better content/player balance.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Red face

I just find it highly dubious that Means posted while sick (which is uncommon, usually we get a FWoM), and that nobody else on the dev team was feeling well enough to step up, post a few things about what has been worked on (come on... with a team of 12-ish, everyone must know whats going on), and we all could have moved on with life.

No, we got an excuse. And this excuse followed last week's excuse. And likely next week we'll have another excuse. And you're honestly suggesting to me that every single person on the dev team is so sick they couldn't have typed up a few notes about what they personally have been working on? After that, just sign it with "more to come when everyone's feeling better!" That tiny gesture would have stopped most of the posts in this thread. It might have taken 10 minutes.

-------------------------------

On a completely different note, I don't care about the engine. Sure, it might free up some system resources so I can ... dual log easier? Perhaps it will run better on my old desktop I don't use anymore? That's about the only reasons I care about it.

I do care about rebalancing. I don't like PvPing on my Agent because of all the debuffs at TL7. It's not fun. I'm not saying it's the worst prof out there, just saying it's not fun. It's so unfun to get constantly debuffed and killed by nearly every profession, that I took my CSS and let my brother borrow it for his Ranged Advy. He's making much better use out of it than I am. It used to be. Man, it used to be a blast.

I have faith that the dev team will get this game shaken up enough that I'll enjoy playing my main again. But every week like this? A week where 7 days have gone by and there's literally nothing to show for it from the dev team? That just means one more week that my main sits half stripped, only logged in when it's best not to use my melee Doc. If my Doc were ranged? I'd probably never log my Agent in.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Yes, I see the difference between the two. The first one is a sensible discontent over a few promises being broken. The second is a sensible discontent over many years of repeated promise breaking and lies.

Perhaps you aren't aware just how bad your company is at planning and communication? This isn't "hater" talk. This isn't childish retribution.
    So, you're saying you prefer no communication at all? I'd like you to please stay away from the forums if that is the case.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I just find it highly dubious that Means posted while sick (which is uncommon, usually we get a FWoM), and that nobody else on the dev team was feeling well enough to step up, post a few things about what has been worked on (come on... with a team of 12-ish, everyone must know whats going on), and we all could have moved on with life.

No, we got an excuse. And this excuse followed last week's excuse. And likely next week we'll have another excuse. And you're honestly suggesting to me that every single person on the dev team is so sick they couldn't have typed up a few notes about what they personally have been working on? After that, just sign it with "more to come when everyone's feeling better!" That tiny gesture would have stopped most of the posts in this thread. It might have taken 10 minutes.

-------------------------------

On a completely different note, I don't care about the engine. Sure, it might free up some system resources so I can ... dual log easier? Perhaps it will run better on my old desktop I don't use anymore? That's about the only reasons I care about it.

I do care about rebalancing. I don't like PvPing on my Agent because of all the debuffs at TL7. It's not fun. I'm not saying it's the worst prof out there, just saying it's not fun. It's so unfun to get constantly debuffed and killed by nearly every profession, that I took my CSS and let my brother borrow it for his Ranged Advy. He's making much better use out of it than I am. It used to be. Man, it used to be a blast.

I have faith that the dev team will get this game shaken up enough that I'll enjoy playing my main again. But every week like this? A week where 7 days have gone by and there's literally nothing to show for it from the dev team? That just means one more week that my main sits half stripped, only logged in when it's best not to use my melee Doc. If my Doc were ranged? I'd probably never log my Agent in.
    Your post is pretty redundant. Why do you think that just because YOU don't see any news, there's no news on anything? It comes down to that again and again and again. No public news does not mean no news. So why bother posting? Just consider us lucky that they care enough about the game to know that they're not perfect and request the community's feedback on the changes they're making.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    So, you're saying you prefer no communication at all? I'd like you to please stay away from the forums if that is the case.
    Why is it so black and white for you? Either you like things exactly as they are or you GTFO?

I hate to break it to you but the world doesn't work like this. It's not a binary situation.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

So, its either poor communication or no communication? Here's an idea, tell your boss at work that he should pay you and expect either poor communication or no communication from you...

Your post is pretty redundant. Why do you think that just because YOU don't see any news, there's no news on anything? It comes down to that again and again and again. No public news does not mean no news. So why bother posting? Just consider us lucky that they care enough about the game to know that they're not perfect and request the community's feedback on the changes they're making.
    It's a gesture of good faith. That's all. You clearly don't feel that we deserve that, but my patience has worn thin with the constant excuses. A few simple gestures of good faith might make me keep my subscription running. More excuses, setbacks, and frustrating phony deadlines make me all the more likely to let it run out... again...

We get it, you've got a hardon for FC. Not all of us do. I would appreciate if I could voice my opinion without you jumping over it like an ape. I wasn't contentious, I voiced my opinion. YOU are (in my opinion) acting like a prick, telling everyone their opinion is wrong just because it criticizes your favorite dev team. For some reason the moderators aren't doing anything about you, which is annoying to me. YOUR attitude is as out of control as the people you dub as "haters".
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

So, its either poor communication or no communication? Here's an idea, tell your boss at work that he should pay you and expect either poor communication or no communication from you...
    Here's how your analogy fails: We're not the boss of the AO dev team. Paying to play does not make us their boss or really give us any rights to make any demands of their time.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

We get it, you've got a hardon for FC. Not all of us do. I would appreciate if I could voice my opinion without you jumping over it like an ape. I wasn't contentious, I voiced my opinion. YOU are (in my opinion) acting like a prick, telling everyone their opinion is wrong just because it criticizes your favorite dev team. For some reason the moderators aren't doing anything about you, which is annoying to me. YOUR attitude is as out of control as the people you dub as "haters".
    No I don't, I just can't be arsed to care as much as the rest of you apparently do. Maybe it's time to grow up and realise there are more important things in the world than deadlines for a videogame.

Poor communication? I'd say we're getting rather excellent communication. How many other companies do you know of that tell the public how things were delayed because a majority of the team got sick? I don't know if you go to the supermarket and find a note saying that sadly there's a lack of certain wares because everyone is sick. Rather the thing would still be open and you'd be left to inquire if they have any X, and the only response you'd get would be yes/no, with no explanation as to why the shelves weren't stocked.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 6th, 2011 at 22:59:15.
    The Red Brotherhood

No I don't, I just can't be arsed to care as much as the rest of you apparently do. Maybe it's time to grow up and realise there are more important things in the world than deadlines for a videogame.
    I don't know, you seem to care quite a bit based on the fact that you are almost constantly refreshing this thread and replying to it a lot O_o

Poor communication? I'd say we're getting rather excellent communication. How many other companies do you know of that tell the public how things were delayed because a majority of the team got sick? I don't know if you go to the supermarket and find a note saying that sadly there's a lack of certain wares because everyone is sick. Rather the thing would still be open and you'd be left to inquire if they have any X, and the only response you'd get would be yes/no, with no explanation as to why the shelves weren't stocked.
    Apparently, your supermarket is terrible.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    I don't know, you seem to care quite a bit based on the fact that you are almost constantly refreshing this thread and replying to it a lot O_o
    I am bored on a sunday night and it's always fun to annoy the raging fanboys. I'll be going to bed shortly.
    Apparently, your supermarket is terrible.
    I'd like you to provide photographic evidence of anywhere you've seen such as this and compare it to the number of times it takes place that you don't know about then Just for the sake of perspective.
    The Red Brotherhood

It's a gesture of good faith. That's all. You clearly don't feel that we deserve that, but my patience has worn thin with the constant excuses. A few simple gestures of good faith might make me keep my subscription running. More excuses, setbacks, and frustrating phony deadlines make me all the more likely to let it run out... again...
    Im sorry, how many professions are left on nano docs, i think its 3 mp, nt, and agent. The last two were said from the start that they would be the last ones. After those 3 we will most likely get all the perk updates done at once again like before. Then i highly doubt that they will hand out a item doc, just make us view the changes from the db like normal. Seems like they are very close to being complete with the balance work. I bet testing will last 2 or 3 months though as everything is fine tuned, and then some more tuning after the patch goes live and more people access it.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I am bored on a sunday night and it's always fun to annoy the raging fanboys. I'll be going to bed shortly.
    Hmm, I personally don't feel that anyone should be purposefully annoying others, even if they have differing views. I would especially hope for better from a professional :/

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Here's how your analogy fails: We're not the boss of the AO dev team. Paying to play does not make us their boss or really give us any rights to make any demands of their time.
    It is clear that you do not understand the concept of business.

I don't know if you go to the supermarket and find a note saying that sadly there's a lack of certain wares because everyone is sick. Rather the thing would still be open and you'd be left to inquire if they have any X, and the only response you'd get would be yes/no, with no explanation as to why the shelves weren't stocked.
    Here is where you are not understanding. Following your analogy, the problem isn't that the supermarket is out of milk and won't tell me why. The problem is that when I go to the supermarket each week for milk and, they are out of it because they ran out of gas for their delivery truck, and they keep telling me they will have some the following week (which isn't true). After several weeks of this same cycle of broken promises, I am inclined to find a new supermarket.

Oh...then please...please enlighten me. Wait...wait...let me guess: "If we all stopped paying then Funcom would fold like a lawnchair. Thus, they should give in to our every desire and demand or we'll all just take our marbles and go home and then where will they be!!!" Is that it?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by LyrLazarus View Post
    Hmm, I personally don't feel that anyone should be purposefully annoying others, even if they have differing views. I would especially hope for better from a professional :/
    Oh, I just like pointing out the irony in people's posts and that usualy annoys such selfrighteous internet warriors I can't help it that they purposefully post stuff here that they know will make me post in response to their silly posts. I don't see why I should answer to a much higher moral codex than the rest of the forums as long as I do what my job description tells me to do.

No, it's clear from this post that you don't understand the concept of business

Here is where you are not understanding. Following your analogy, the problem isn't that the supermarket is out of milk and won't tell me why. The problem is that when I go to the supermarket each week for milk and, they are out of it because they ran out of gas for their delivery truck, and they keep telling me they will have some the following week (which isn't true). After several weeks of this same cycle of broken promises, I am inclined to find a new supermarket.
    And following your story here, you'd rather have no information at all, as that is apparently preferable to you I can understand that. But it's easy to avoid it, just don't read this part of the forum and don't participate in any of the feedback forums as that'll let you run into this information, which you apparently don't want. I hear Rift is supposedly quite good, I might buy it when there's money in the bank again.
    The Red Brotherhood

I am amazed..
    now you are not even allowed to ask for better communication?

I compare a lot of things all the time, so of-cause I compare the staff of the beloved AO to other companies.

I would like AO to shine!
    one of the problems is communication though.

People call in sick tuesday..
    announce delay wedensday if needed
    Other places do that, takes little time, gives GREAT cool-points for being open and with the community.
    Again that is if it affect the
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Next week I'll take some time to speak about some of the work going on that is NOT engine or balance related...as there is a significant amount of great stuff in the pipeline that falls outside these areas.
    If Means himself can write this, and isn't sick (he doesn't mention so) I really think it is bad communication, and that should be fixed.

I don't mind the promise, it is a little and simple one, one that should be easy to cover in a week, so good planing.
    ..but very bad execution..

So come with the promises AND deliver.
    .. why?
    because that is what keeps a game running better than the silent treatment
    it is simply good business.

...on the other hand, if you can't even deliver on something that will take 30-60 minutes out of a work-week, to fulfil a promise, it makes people think promises is worth very little.
    Honour and honesty are tied up with promises.
    So that is the way around trust being low.

Saying people are lying is rude, but I get where their feelings and thoughts come from.
    Saying "bad communication is better than nothing, leave the forum and don't post your feedback" to me is even more hurtful to AO than silence, and I am STRONGLY against silence..
    oh and I am even more strongly against lying, no one wished other people dead..

Sadly talking statistics will now give you infraction points, so I am unable to try to explain what he meant though
    I have asked permission to come with an explanation though
    I hope it goes through.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast