Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 4th, 2011 - Montreal Party Registration

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    I find it ironic you write that..
    I can give you the source for the statistics, they are in my local language though..
    Yarkona said that further flame baiting would result in infractions, unless you're flame baiting with statistics then there's nothing to worry about.

So basically this is a case of you taking something out of context and using it to try and attack the mod(s)/Funcom.

Furthermore - posting statistics from a Scandinavian country's influenza death rate is irrelevant and is really only useful for distracting people with numbers from the actual useful facts. I'm sure your numbers are correct, but what has the death rate in another country have to do with Canada's?

Lots of people die from earthquakes and tornados and hurricanes but where I live we don't get any of that so our statistics say nil for them but that doesn't mean that it can't be one of the deadliest things elsewhere.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Reasonable and legit complaints are fine, but when you repeat yourself like a broken record for months upon months then it's just a form of attentionwhoring, almost none of the complaints are even original, you're just repeating what someone else has already said a dozen times.
    Actually, dear Sir it is you who are repeating yourself like a broken record. We, as in the people who complain have stated very clearly why we are complaining, yet you can't get off of our backs about it and you are doing the same thing over and over and over again no matter how many times we do so and no matter how detailed our motivation is. How rude of you.

We, the people who are complaining have gotten no such clear answer from FC, in fact what we've gotten is compact silence in our inquiries about the state of the engine, apart from news about how hard everything is and the staff getting sick, moving and that it is being moved up to q2. Maybe. Hopefully. So yes, we are asking again, but unlike you we haven't gotten any answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    I'm sure FC get's it already, hell, we all get it! You're frustrated and annoyed, so you do it like any 10-yearold, you cry, put on a deaf ear and then scream. But guess what, your posts are being ignored by the majority, other players are laughing at you and people don't care about what you have to say. All because of to much crying.

Note: You is intended for all the players that just have to cry every darn week and is in no form directed at any individual player.
    There you go again, making things up, trying to claim that me/us act like 10 year olds just because it suits your genuinly dishonest and empty non existing arguments. I'm amazed that you still think it works. At best it will drag someone down to your level, at worst it will ruin this forum. What a shame that you can't bother to actually respond to what is being said. Instead you resort to simple name calling and lying. Or if you are unable to understand or respond just don't.

What a shame.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Mar 7th, 2011 at 12:01:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    It seems to be getting thrown around quite a lot that people doubted the devs had a flu. Maybe such posts were deleted I don't know. However, if you read back you'll see the first expressions of doubt about anyone having a flu were made by Shadowgod and Anarrina.
    We had a disagreement over the technical definition of "the flu" because it is a very misunderstood illness by the general population. Saying "I had a touch of the flu" is like saying "I'm just a little bit pregnant". If you're offended, I apologize.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Did someone mention Peanut Butter Cookies? I think Peanut butter cookies are awesome! In fact I think I might go ahead and make a Peanut Butter Cookie icon for AO and see if I can get it slipped into the game. That would be Awesomer! (More Awesome? Beyond Awesome?)

Yuppers I think a new food item in-game is a brilliant idea.

I never thought I'd find inspiration in this thread, but I did. (and that my friends is how you put a positive spin on negative situation)

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

.. reading this thread is soooo depressing. I demand a lock.

*shakes head*

Oh, and get well soon y'all!
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    We had a disagreement over the technical definition of "the flu" because it is a very misunderstood illness by the general population. Saying "I had a touch of the flu" is like saying "I'm just a little bit pregnant". If you're offended, I apologize.
    No I wasn't offended.

I just think it's highly unfair for complainers to be called insensitive to the devs' illness when the first (if not only) accusations that people did not have the specific disease they claimed to have was from an ARK and a GM towards players.

If it is insensitive to argue with someone who says they have the flu, then I can point to where that started in this thread. It wasn't from people asking for more information.

If it isn't insensitive, then what's the big deal over a few people teasing the devs because they're ill?

The amount of hate that was poured onto people who were disappointed with the content of the blog was utterly disproportionate. No-one, not one person, was trolling or flaming before that wave of hatred.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

I have a full box of thin mints in my freezer. They are calling me and begging to be eaten with vanilla ice cream. I'm not sure how much longer I can withstand their pleas.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    some other ark should give u a warning for that. this is no medical forum and u shouldnt abuse it as one.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    There you go again, making things up, trying to claim that me/us act like 10 year olds just because it suits your genuinly dishonest and empty non existing arguments. I'm amazed that you still think it works. At best it will drag someone down to your level, at worst it will ruin this forum. What a shame that you can't bother to actually respond to what is being said. Instead you resort to simple name calling and lying. Or if you are unable to understand or respond just don't.

What a shame.
    Right now it greatly pleases me to see that you assume that I ment you
    I haven't lied, I haven't made anything up and I'm absolutely not dishonest. I'm also not interested in making an argument out of something as silly as this.
    Last edited by Rurounin; Mar 7th, 2011 at 13:33:57.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    No I wasn't offended.

I just think it's highly unfair for complainers to be called insensitive to the devs' illness when the first (if not only) accusations that people did not have the specific disease they claimed to have was from an ARK and a GM towards players.
    Its contextual. Because people are dismissive and using their own illness to basically say "pfft, those devs. bunch of wusses." when what they're describing isn't a 104 F fever requiring hospitalization, but a garden-variety cold.

I haven't slept all night and I'm very tired, so any further discussion on this point can be taken to PMs with me, as I probably need more time to be articulate.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Bottom line is that anyone has the right to stay home if they're not well enough to work. And no one has the right to say they should be more ill before they're home or anything of the matter. Bottom line is that the team was pretty much out due to illness, and that's it.

Buncha crap, this thread.
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Yarkona said that further flame baiting would result in infractions, unless you're flame baiting with statistics then there's nothing to worry about.
    Discussing moderation is against the forums rules and Yarkona and I took it to PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    We, the people who are complaining have gotten no such clear answer from FC ... apart from news about how hard everything is and the staff getting sick, moving and that it is being moved up to q2.
    This is the part that irritates me the most. While some argue that FC is doing everything in their power to get stuff out I vehemently disagree. Think about how relatively fast they reworked the existing perks. Think about how long it took to actually nerf GTH and BR once they FINALLY decided to do it. Think about how little relative time it took to add an entirely new perkline to Adventurers.

Now ask yourself how little relative time it should have taken to implement some changes already. Root/snare/mezz duration should already have been nerfed. Boss calms should have been removed. Enfo taunts could have been cut back already. Nemesis nanos should have been removed until a complete rework. Hots could already have been adjusted, etc etc ad nauseum.

Guess how much of that relatively simple stuff that has been planned has been implemented already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    Bottom line is that anyone has the right to stay home if they're not well enough to work. And no one has the right to say they should be more ill before they're home or anything of the matter. Bottom line is that the team was pretty much out due to illness, and that's it.

Buncha crap, this thread.
    I just read this thread from the beginning. And nobody (yes, NOBODY) of the so-called 'haters' claimed that people should work when they're sick. There was some different opinions about the seriousness of the flu and i think it's because the word 'flu' is used a bit differently in different countries. In some places (like where i live for example) 'cold' is also commonly called 'flu' while in reality they're completely different things. Influenza is always serious, but still i know hundreds of people who's survived it, and none that died. I do know several people who died in traffic accidents. And pretty much everyone drives a car (or takes a cab/bus/train etc) every day.

All the fighting actually started when some of the 'fanbois' (for the lack of better term) started really ATTACKING the guys who are disappointed that there's still no news, and even that 'sneak peek' to some new stuff that was promised in last weeks FwM, weren't there.

I don't think anyone was complaining that the dev's are sick or telling that they should work despite they're sick.

You have to understand that the discussion from last weeks FwM thread always carries over to the newest thread. So it's basically same conversation continuing, and because still after years/months/weeks of waiting, most of the valid conserns/questions remain unanswered. Thats why people are disappointed.

And BTW, in-game, when someone refers to this thread, it's very often named "Friday With Excuses" - i wonder why...

I do think that dev team being sick is a valid reason to postpone stuff. But this postponing stuff has happened for over three years now. Personally i'm too tired to wait (and pay) for the new stuff. I don't want the new engine because of the graphics. I want more people to play with. This Single player Online RPG -thing we have going on sucks big time. And i do think the new engine would bring new players and old timers back to AO. I do love the game. I'm just sick and tired of seeing excuses after excuses. If i postponed my work deadlines continuously week after week, i would've been unemployed for ages by now.

I'm also sick and tired of all the 'fanbois' jumping on everyone who disagrees with anything the allmighty AO staff does. Constructive critisism is good. Fanboyism isn't.

You do understand that one big reason why some people sound offending in the forums is poor english skills. When english ain't your native language, the politeness gets often lost when you try to make yourself understood somehow in a foreign language.

I know that i could write my conserns and beef's with the current direction of AO (and it's dev team) a lot more politely if i could do it in finnish. But i'm also sure that if i would write a novel in finnish to this thread, pretty much nobody else would understand it, and i would get infracted, and the post gets moderated out. So I have to try my best with my poor english skills... If it sounds too offensive for some people, i'm sorry about that.
    Last edited by Aeliniyah; Mar 7th, 2011 at 18:16:12.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    You do understand that one big reason why some people sound offending in the forums is poor english skills. When english ain't your native language, the politeness gets often lost when you try to make yourself understood somehow in a foreign language.
    Like when I was trying to explain the meaning of "resfriado", "gripe" and "virose" with the respective translation to english, which is "cold" (just discovered this week), "flu" and <no translation avaliable>; and I was attacked by Anarrina saying I was wrong (in my own native language, wtf?)

I felt so offended that I had to breath, count to 10 and post a joke-ish post or i would explode.
    Last edited by lainbr; Mar 7th, 2011 at 18:48:09.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    I just read this thread from the beginning. And nobody (yes, NOBODY) of the so-called 'haters' claimed that people should work when they're sick.
    You must've missed this post then:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    if AN ENTIRE STAFF CAUGHT SOME VIRULENT VIRUS STRAIN I'd want a damn good explanation for why work wasn't completed.
    Edit: And yeah, Kopecz was aiming that @ the AO dev team.
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 7th, 2011 at 18:55:28.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Like when I was trying to explain the meaning of "resfriado", "gripe" and "virose" with the respective translation to english, which is "cold" (just discovered this week), "flu" and <no translation avaliable>; and I was attacked by Anarrina saying I was wrong (in my own native language, wtf?)

I felt so offended that I had to breath, count to 10 and post a joke-ish post or i would explode.
    lol i got infraction points from kintai, disagreeing with anarinna is being sexist which is funny considering she has such a condescending and elitist attitude to anywho who disagrees with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    lol i got infraction points from kintai, disagreeing with anarinna is being sexist which is funny considering she has such a condescending and elitist attitude to anywho who disagrees with her.
    No, THIS is sexist:
    You remind me of female police officers, were a fraction of power shoots to their head's.
    And that's what got you infracted. You can argue all you want (even if you're wrong) - Saying an entire gender is unfit for a profession due to some perceived bias in your own mind, though, doesn't fly with me, particularly given that I not only know but have family friends who are female police officers.

Either way this particular branch of conversation is closed - You know better than to discuss moderation.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Edited by me, to save trouble later.
    At the rate this thread is going, I am never getting a hat, am I?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Edit: And yeah, Kopecz was aiming that @ the AO dev team.
    I'm sorry, where does that quote say I said they should have been working? Even if the dev team hadn't been sick, of which I've never said I didn't think any of them were sick and/or lying about being sick, just the number of people sick, there would have been some other excuse given by Means as to why we have no information, yet again, this week.

And just so I make sure you understand, I'll say this one more time since no one seems to be getting it: the likelihood of

every

single

of the dev team

being sick with influenza during the

exact

same

seven day period and coming back to work on Monday

is so statistically unlikely as to border on improbable. And I challenge you to prove me otherwise since as far as I know eastern Canada is not experiencing an influenza epidemic atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast