Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 4th, 2011 - Montreal Party Registration

Seriously haters, why are you arguing with the fanboys?
    I think the dwindling number of players speak pretty clearly.

I have stopped caring, im not even raising an eyebrow anymore when there's a new FWM..
    The cries for wolfs have just gotten old, and so has the infraction threatning aswell.
    But who am i to write something that's probably not as "intune" with the community as The grind or the new pvp field.

Just let the fanboys carebare post, im sure they are equally forgiving when they are standing in line at the checkout in their local grocery store and there's a someone holding up the queue for five minutes because she didnt get her 50 cent discount on the banans she just bought.

Your welcome to twist this however you want.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    Stuff
    You spelt bananas wrong.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Like when I was trying to explain the meaning of "resfriado", "gripe" and "virose" with the respective translation to english, which is "cold" (just discovered this week), "flu" and <no translation avaliable>; and I was attacked by Anarrina saying I was wrong (in my own native language, wtf?)

I felt so offended that I had to breath, count to 10 and post a joke-ish post or i would explode.
    You can chalk this up to A. language and B. I was incredibly tired (and still am). I was not "attacking" you. I was illustrating the definitions. The "take the pieces of the post apart" format is likewise not an attack. Its a very common Usenet habit, and something I've retained over the years. Point by point response.

Also, my tone changes when I talk business vs. personal vs. professional. I believe someone on IRC used to think I disliked them, because I responded to them differently than everyone else. Someone else told this person to not talk to me for a bit and just observe my interaction. Apparently my tone completely changes when I'm just chit-chatting to when someone brings me an ARKish sort of problem and asks for help. That person was only asked me ARKish questions, so only saw that. Once he noticed it, things were cool.

This is a similar situation in that it takes me slightly out of ARKish business and into medicaleze. My toneis going to change, and that's a different me that none of you really know. So, it probably came out "sounding" more clipped than I intended it too.

Also, again: tired. But anything else can go in PMs.

Finally, Kintaii is not only my direct boss, we're friends. I was worried about him.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 7th, 2011 at 23:26:24.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Ok look man. Since you are not going to let this go, here is the timeline:

Feb. 24th: Thursday. Kintaii gets sick. Heads home early from work.
    Feb. 25th: Friday. Kintaii stays home. Genele starts feeling kinda rough.
    Feb. 26th/27th: Parsed & Means start feeling ill. Genele gets officially sick.
    Feb. 28th: Macro comes down ill. Parsed officially sick. Means somehow manages to avoid the majority of it. Kintaii still in bed and delirious.
    March 1st - 4th: EVERYBODY IS SICK.
    March 7th: People *still* aren't 100% fantastic but we're back at work because this is what we do.

There's your timeline. Enjoy.
    I came back to this thread to see if there were an additional details about the Montreal thing and I've determined, using my vast medical knowledge (I watch House every week) that you people not only had the flu, but have all gone clinically insane.

What exactly is wrong with you? Why would you let the trolls cause all of this trouble? It simply doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

Worst FWM thread ever! I mean I'd be upset about it, but it is just SOOOO typical. 15 pages of trolls arguing about what is and isn't the flu, who has and hasn't got the flu. If the dev team could ACTUALLY GOT the FLU or if they were some how making it up so they didn't have to actually put any work into FWM....

There are people leaving AO everyday and the biggest news in AO in the last week was the possibility that the dev team might have cheated on FWM by faking the flu.

This thread defies logic.

<3

Ok look man. Since you are not going to let this go, here is the timeline:

Feb. 24th: Thursday. Kintaii gets sick. Heads home early from work.
    Feb. 25th: Friday. Kintaii stays home. Genele starts feeling kinda rough.
    Feb. 26th/27th: Parsed & Means start feeling ill. Genele gets officially sick.
    Feb. 28th: Macro comes down ill. Parsed officially sick. Means somehow manages to avoid the majority of it. Kintaii still in bed and delirious.
    March 1st - 4th: EVERYBODY IS SICK.
    March 7th: People *still* aren't 100% fantastic but we're back at work because this is what we do.

There's your timeline. Enjoy.
    I see the problem now, that the two to communicate were out.
    When I read the FWM I thought "the flu has hit some key members of the group"
    "This has been a bad week as the whole AO team has been devastated by some local flu variant" is the wording.

To me that is vastly different from "everyone is sick with the flu, even I am, writing this."
    The original message makes the office sound big, and the flu a disruption.
    "the 5 people transferred here are all sick with the flu, no progress has been made". indeed is a valid argument to me.
    But it was the quoted post that made me realise that.

My feedback is:
    Try being on the point, hitting the nail.
    I could read that Kintaii was ill, but not that Means is, hence I assumed he was OK.
    .. and I do expect OK people to meet a deadline, not one with flu though.

I expect a big company to follow through on the long term deadlines though, with the flu being a dump on the road.

And then this thread will be an interesting study of the part of the community that visits the forum.
    Personally I would recommend a
    "how do we tackle this in the future?"-meeting
    with the questions
    "what went wrong?"
    "what went good?"

Spot the points where things escalate.
    Spot the points where things calm down.
    See what is happening around those points: Who is posting, what language is used, and what is their rank (GM, ARK, Professional, Player)

You (FC) have love.
    but my conclusion is that you have too much..
    that you have that kind of friend that tries to brake up every relationship you have, so you and him can keep your special friendship.

I guess we all have had the "you are a good friend, but don't mess with my boyfriend, just because you do not think he is right for me. you are welcomed to voice your opinions to me, but don't yell at his face that he is not good enough for me at parties, or pick up a fight on my behalf."
    .. love is a complicated thing.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Last edited by ArienSky; Mar 8th, 2011 at 01:06:00. Reason: missed a but, sorry moderaters, I know this gives you a doubble-post :(
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

So you have problems reading between the lines, or understanding meanings of postings, idk which.

This is the 2nd example that you've post that isn't really spot on at all ArienSky. Your first was at my "I don't know" statement before I made a statement. The IDK part was sarcasm stating that I felt it was obvious that the statement I made after it was in itself obvious. The 2nd time is this one, where Means said " as the whole AO team has been devastated by some local flu variant" That's pretty damn straight forward "THE WHOLE AO TEAM" seems pretty straight forward to me.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    So you have problems reading between the lines, or understanding meanings of postings, idk which.

This is the 2nd example that you've post that isn't really spot on at all ArienSky. Your first was at my "I don't know" statement before I made a statement. The IDK part was sarcasm stating that I felt it was obvious that the statement I made after it was in itself obvious. The 2nd time is this one, where Means said " as the whole AO team has been devastated by some local flu variant" That's pretty damn straight forward "THE WHOLE AO TEAM" seems pretty straight forward to me.
    yep 5 = 9 for sure.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Ok, AO team, Im reading this thread everyday and i see you guys are really active and talking to community trying to explain how/why/who got sick and what not. Well instead of that you could write something about development (of other projects other then engine and rebalance) because you were sick for a week, and i assume you were working on something a week before u were sick, and week before that and so on... So why not just edit this post, write something small and everyone is happy instead of trying to explain how u got sick.
    I hope next friday will be better and you guys get on your feet by then.
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

as promised..

Cheers!
    --Being Neutral IS a choice, not a failure to make one!--
    Main Character - Doctorval (Advisor of Harmony Rk2)

I was truly hoping for Thin Mints. Except I already totally destroyed my diet today with a Shamrock Shake. So maybe it's better to just keep the Thin Mints in the freezer.

At least for today.

Tomorrow may be an entirely different story.

(What??? I can't eat muffin all the time!!)
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Where is mah chocolate chip cookie!!
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by sezmra View Post
    Where is mah chocolate chip cookie!!
    MMMMMM Coookies!!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

i love Cookies

he loves Cookies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKE71Wv-fLU

all love Cookies

wish me a Cookiemonster head

Gimme cookie!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post

PS: to whomever asked, no parachutes involved, but I have other fun toys.
    If u happen tp be the moron holding the IV bag when they defib someone, u WILL get a tingle.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Wow, so much transpired since my last post O.o

Edit: And i wish i could attend, but broke ftl
    Last edited by Spartanx9; Mar 8th, 2011 at 10:31:00.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

And now for the really important question.

"Tantric Engineers" ingame? When?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

MP document promise was just to troll Klod :P
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    MP Profession was created just to troll Klod :P
    that makes more sense, i think
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

AOC get Dreamworld engine update today, if anyone interested. So they could be able to transfer some resources to AO now. But for me rebalance is more important than graphic.
    Dragocz RK1

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast