Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 4th, 2011 - Montreal Party Registration

Based on some of the comments I've read over on the AoC board, the engine integration at least for that game is sounding like an epic fail.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Yeah, glad they are beta testing it not us LOL, hopfuly our launch wont be as bad.

For those wondering here's the thread.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=231787
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I read through a few pages of the whines and it seems they started getting less whiny after a while. A lot of people didn't download all the files or something, and the ones that did, noticed significant improvements on newer rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Surm View Post
    I read through a few pages of the whines and it seems they started getting less whiny after a while. A lot of people didn't download all the files or something, and the ones that did, noticed significant improvements on newer rigs.
    That's good I guess...I had stopped reading after like 6 or 7 pages.
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

A question nobody asked so far - all that other exciting stuff they are working on and means wanted to talk about...

did it disappear while they had a flu? or why can't he talk about it anymore?

i mean, if u work on sth exciting and new and u get a flu - u stop working - but it doesn't go "poof gone" does it?
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Or maybe the people that post FW(o)M are too sick to get everything together and write a post that makes sense?
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Based on some of the comments I've read over on the AoC board, the engine integration at least for that game is sounding like an epic fail.
    Yeah if you choose to base it on "some" of the comments it would be.
    I sifted through the thread Technigen posted. Most of the complaints aren't related to technical problems but to changes in game mechanics. And overall it seems that many players with new or new ish hardware are very pleased but that ppl with old systems have a harder time to get decent fps atm.

But hey this was released yesterday, right? It's way way WAY too early to start complaining at this point of a major deployment.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:31:47.

lol
    Dam good money to be made doing contract work.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

@Autohead
    I read into the AoC Forum too and the most (98%) r happy about the new engine
    only a few "GIMPS" who did not patch and a few 30€ G-card user r crying there.
    The most time is the biggest epic fail sitting infront of the PC.

edit:
    i also talk to some of my Gothic (second biggest guild at Mitra) members into AoC and they r all Happy !
    Last edited by Brampfine; Mar 9th, 2011 at 19:36:00.

That's fine, not sure what thread I was looking at, maybe it got deleted...but nearly every comment I read in there were people saying their performance had drastically decreased. I don't play AoC and only checked the forums to see what people were saying about the engine, and I never bothered to go back.

Regardless of what some people might think, I'm not rooting for AO's demise. I read comments about the new integration of the engine to AoC and posted my initial assessment of those comments here. If people are saying it's better, I'm glad. Now that it's been implemented there maybe they can stop changing things and pushing its integration into AO further and further back.

it was the same thread, people complained about decreased performance first but it was pointed out they were missing files or have older systems. Rest of the complaints is about changes to game mechanics..

the release of the new dreamworld engine in AoC is good news for AO
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

yeah, prolly 50% of the posts in that thread were about bunny hopping to conserve stamina and how it was nerfed, or so it seemed.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Some of the comments made in that thread made me happy how good this community is for the most part, not that it doesn't happen;p
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

does the new aoc engine now mean we get a "aoc" launcher for ao again? like we had for years?
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

? I haven't noticed any change to the game launcher. Vhab was working on one I think but we havn't seen it go live yet.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    ? I haven't noticed any change to the game launcher. Vhab was working on one I think but we havn't seen it go live yet.
    We're actually getting AO Adverts and Information on it now, before it was advertising AoC
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    does the new aoc engine now mean we get a "aoc" launcher for ao again? like we had for years?
    What is wrong with the current launcher? It's simple and runs fast.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I think nitr0 might be refering to the AoC ads which are no longer present in the AO launcher.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I miss the "Save password" checkbox :O(

Quote Originally Posted by Enginyr View Post
    I miss the "Save password" checkbox :O(
    ya, since then, we miss the "i got haggzorzed" threads too

nwm, just trolling ^^

getting ready for todays FwM, hope their flu, jetlag and social life went half way solid again.
    every friday i think "will we get some news about the engine today ?" but i also notice, how fast the days going by.

lets hope, the build system works already ^^

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast