Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 4th, 2011 - Montreal Party Registration

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I got a flu for 4 days till now. No work skip, no study skip. ;o Its just annoying. I cant ever imagine if ppl stay home due flu here, nobody would go work for half year!
    Maybe if more people did stay home you would not have the flu for half a year.

xD Like you can purge flu from metro and bus! But u got a point.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I'm impressed with the number of insensitive that post on these forums. Someone recovering from the flu is way more important than your incessant bleating on the forums about the delays.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 5th, 2011 at 09:39:59. Reason: no obscenities
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    xD Like you can purge flu from metro and bus! But u got a point.
    We have had two different flu strains this year. The one I had just led to typical aches and pains, chills, etc. Only one day was bad, the rest was like you said, annoying. The other one had people puking guts out with fairly high fevers. Those people need to stay home no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm impressed with the number of insensitive Aholes that post on these forums. Someone recovering from the flu is way more important than your incessant bleating on the forums about the delays.
    You should send them a card. Maybe flowers and some chicken noodle soup if you are really worried.

I'm impressed with the number of insensitive that post on these forums. Someone recovering from the flu is way more important than your incessant bleating on the forums about the delays.
    And I'm impressed that you continue to rival Masta and Technogen for the title of Ultimate Fanboy. I know, I know the dev team can do no wrong in your eyes. But seriously, if I didn't show up to work as much as these guys I'd get fired. I don't know how some of em even have paid sick leave left.

Or how 'bout this real-world scenario for you:

Boss: "Hey you gonna have that document ready by next Friday?"
    Me: "Sure thing Mr. CEO!"
    *Next Friday*
    Boss: "Dude where's that document you were supposed to have ready?"
    Me: "Aww gee, sorry boss I got real sick on Monday. So sorry."
    Boss: "Well did you get anyone to cover your work? That document HAD to be out today for review."
    Me: "Uhhhh I never thought of delegating."
    Boss: >.< "Clean out your desk and collect your last paycheck."
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 5th, 2011 at 09:40:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

I'd probably figure that it would be hitting them pretty hard given that if their immunities aren't equipped for it, they would have no choice than to stay home and rest up. As the whole AO team was affected, you can't necessarily have someone from say AoC or TSW come in and start changing stuff. So yeah, it's gonna get delayed.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by Kopecz View Post
    And I'm impressed that you continue to rival Masta and Technogen for the title of Ultimate Fanboy. I know, I know the dev team can do no wrong in your eyes. But seriously, if I didn't show up to work as much as these guys I'd get fired. I don't know how some of em even have paid sick leave left.

Or how 'bout this real-world scenario for you:

Boss: "Hey you gonna have that document ready by next Friday?"
    Me: "Sure thing Mr. CEO!"
    *Next Friday*
    Boss: "Dude where's that document you were supposed to have ready?"
    Me: "Aww gee, sorry boss I got real sick on Monday. So sorry."
    Boss: "Well did you get anyone to cover your work? That document HAD to be out today for review."
    Me: "Uhhhh I never thought of delegating."
    Boss: >.< "Clean out your desk and collect your last paycheck."
    You have no idea of the FC employee's work arrangements with their employer and if they are fulfilling those expectations. Your post is 100% ignorance.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 4th, 2011 at 23:19:50.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    I'd probably figure that it would be hitting them pretty hard given that if their immunities aren't equipped for it, they would have no choice than to stay home and rest up. As the whole AO team was affected, you can't necessarily have someone from say AoC or TSW come in and start changing stuff. So yeah, it's gonna get delayed.
    I bet it isnt even them whos making it, but AoC team....
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    1. Your name (First and Last)
    2. The character name you would like to appear on your event badge
    3. What size men's or women's T-Shirt you would wear.[/b]
    1. Collin Crag
    2. Meens
    3. QL300 CSS or CC for maek twink psitols.

EDIT: How rude of me to not say it - get well soon.
    Last edited by Waahash; Mar 4th, 2011 at 23:21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This has been a bad week as the whole AO team has been devastated by some local flu variant that our poor european immune systems were not able to cope with. !
    The Native Indians are finally getting revenage!

Get well Soon™

@ OP

Cool story bro...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

I'm impressed with the number of insensitive Aholes that post on these forums. Someone recovering from the flu is way more important than your incessant bleating on the forums about the delays.
    Don't be. Impressed that is.

It's really nothing special that a FwM like this brings out the turds who just can't resist posting some snide comment on how lame FC is or whatever. You should know by now that they're arrogant types who think that any post by anyone affiliated with FC that does not contain the information they want is just the company trying to hide it's failures.

Beyond having a bit of fun trolling them now and then they really aren't worth any effort even to read.

Also, specifically towards this weeks thread, concerning the flu. Clearly some people have never actually had it to any sever degree. I remember one flu I had, even living in the same region my entire life (don't forget that strains mutate based on many things, environment included so the flu in Norway is different then in Quebec; thus their immune system is not prepared to fight it) that had me either by a toilet or a bed for an entire week. Not all flu is the kind you get where you get to skip school and sit and watch tv all day, some of them are vomiting every time you think of eating something and draining what little energy your malnourished body still has.

So a little more, well can't say sympathy/sensitivity since I know some of you are incapable of caring for other people, but at least a little more understanding that being knocked off your feet for a week by a flu is possible; especially for people who just moved half way around the world who's immune systems are having to learn to fight entirely different strains of illness'.

Edit: And, on the topic of the party, despite my proximity now (only a couple provinces away) I still don't have the money to go this time around. Hopefully there's one next year I can get to.
    Last edited by Ayria; Mar 4th, 2011 at 23:40:19.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

When I get the flu my boss sends me home so I don't infect everyone else. When you go into work sick then every one else gets sick, and nothing gets done.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Also, specifically towards this weeks thread, concerning the flu. Clearly some people have never actually had it to any sever degree.
    There's an old saying about having a bad case of the flu:
    First you're afraid you're going to die. Then you're afraid you won't.

I hope the AO team gets well fast. If I lived closer, I'd bring by some of my homemade chicken soup.

Quote Originally Posted by tlatoani View Post
    get well soon™
    well said sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche
    Please make enough shirts so that those that are unable to travel to Montreal can order some.
    woot

But really, how does an entire dev team all come down with the flu in the same week?

Do you guys have regular sessions of coughing on eachother to ensure yourselves the maximum amount of infection?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    But really, how does an entire dev team all come down with the flu in the same week?

Do you guys have regular sessions of coughing on eachother to ensure yourselves the maximum amount of infection?
    They are all in the same work area and transfered from another location to where they are now, it makes sense that it would infect them all.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast