Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 11th, 2011: Full Steam Ahead

Only word I can say is: WOOOOOOOOOOOT

Open content for Pandemonium:

We spoke a long, long time ago about adding more open challenging content to Pandemonium. We are working on (actually making...right now) a new "Open" boss experience for the area for larger groups to tackle.

all u have done is to make the game easier and easier u dont need a raid for pande anymore u just need 5 chars and u can do it all easy and fast

and that goes for all stuff in game, u less teamates u have u bettre it is and faster u can do it .

u doing a grate job making a game that was made to need alot of players to do stuff being a game that u should do stuff solo and use exploits as much as u can grate job funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    You can expect my account to be closed tomorrow!
    Do you promise?? Oh please say you do!

Quote Originally Posted by enfsatangirl View Post
    all u have done is to make the game easier and easier u dont need a raid for pande anymore u just need 5 chars and u can do it all easy and fast

and that goes for all stuff in game, u less teamates u have u bettre it is and faster u can do it .

u doing a grate job making a game that was made to need alot of players to do stuff being a game that u should do stuff solo and use exploits as much as u can grate job funcom
    The game is 10 years old. If they want to keep the players excited about new stuff coming out, new gear and nanos have to be more ubar than the old ones, because if they weren't, people would complain that the new stuff is nerf. Similarly, new raids and encounters have to be harder than the old ones to keep them challenging. In the meantime, old content like Pande somewhat lose their shine, since it becomes easier to do with all the new stuff, so smaller groups can do the raid - in fact, this is part of the reason for instancing Pande in the first place. I'm expecting the new open content to be targeted at larger groups (ie. harder than the old one).

Btw. Great post, Means! Looks like the MP doc won't be the last after all :P I'm excited for the new shinies, and it's good to hear that all the Great Things To Come (startup/engine/rebalance) are making progress.
    Mpfha - your friendly neighborhood metaphysicist

if vhab makes the that character selection possible i'll love him forever

now if only my client would stop freezing for 20-30 seconds everytime i log into the game... maybe it wouldnt be so exasperating :P
    Last edited by Yarkona; Mar 12th, 2011 at 04:32:23.
    Calida Solitus Pistol Adventurer - 220/30/70 RK2 - General & Recruitment Director of -= Power Overwhelming =-
    Means: The leets do my secret evil bidding. Sort of the Oompa-Loompas of Anarchy Online.
    Means: Oh come on...that felt "phoned in". Was that written by some guy in India you pay to troll for you?
    Means: The US office assures me that this person will be beaten soundly, denied rations, and not let of their cage for exercise period this week....and worst of all will be forced to continue working for us for the forseeable future.
    Venachar: Where's the 'Close Thread' button......Wait. There it is.
    Mostadio: Noobs should wander through a forest in the dark going "WTF dood I cannot see! amg I hear rollerrat runz!!"
    Kintaii: A pirate walks into a bar. There's a wheel attached to his crotch. yadda yadda arrr its drivin' me nuts yarr yarr

Quote Originally Posted by Mpfha View Post
    The game is 10 years old. If they want to keep the players excited about new stuff coming out, new gear and nanos have to be more ubar than the old ones, because if they weren't, people would complain that the new stuff is nerf. Similarly, new raids and encounters have to be harder than the old ones to keep them challenging. In the meantime, old content like Pande somewhat lose their shine, since it becomes easier to do with all the new stuff, so smaller groups can do the raid - in fact, this is part of the reason for instancing Pande in the first place. I'm expecting the new open content to be targeted at larger groups (ie. harder than the old one).

Btw. Great post, Means! Looks like the MP doc won't be the last after all :P I'm excited for the new shinies, and it's good to hear that all the Great Things To Come (startup/engine/rebalance) are making progress.
    yes the game are 10 years old and they have made some things bettre but all new stuff like dustbrigade quest and dungeans and xan they have put in the game have been a real fail ,they was hard at first but now its just silly .

they say that it will be hard to do them but its so dam easy to do them and its easy to get stuff BUT the mobs and stuff dont get same update as hte characters do .

and i think that the new boss they work on in pande will be easy like hell to there arent any challange left in this game

when will they update the rest of the game , like all mobs and evrything else

That's part of the whole reason for the balance work. To make the game more challenging and enjoyable all around.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

That Dreamworld patch to AoC drove 1/2 my org over there from comfortable playing capability to nearly back to the stoneage - this with PC's sporting hardware that came onto the market in 2009 and 2010. If the engine arrived in it's current form to AO, we'd have to have a lot of our ppl run their 2010 rigs on the old client to play at all. Sil mentioned a patch next week, then another in a couple of months to address graphics issues. They have a lot of work to do.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Fix the damn mentorspamming also
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Quote Originally Posted by enfsatangirl View Post
    yes the game are 10 years old and they have made some things bettre but all new stuff like dustbrigade quest and dungeans and xan they have put in the game have been a real fail ,they was hard at first but now its just silly .

they say that it will be hard to do them but its so dam easy to do them and its easy to get stuff BUT the mobs and stuff dont get same update as hte characters do .

and i think that the new boss they work on in pande will be easy like hell to there arent any challange left in this game

when will they update the rest of the game , like all mobs and evrything else
    /mehtehuber fail

It's great that the Conan team is going to help out with the engine. Very nice...
    Last edited by If6Was9; Mar 11th, 2011 at 23:05:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post

Sent set looks great, the change in type of glove is a really nice touch. Finally got rid of that line directly down center of MP helm that annoyed me a bit.
    Tin Foil Hat! Gimme
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Not even I shall troll you today!
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    I have nothing to troll about thanks for ruining my weekend.
    Well I tried to go about my weekend sans trolling satisfaction but a commitment is a commitment! So digging deep within the nether regions of my troll bag I managed to produce the following admittedly feeble yet well penned barb:

First of all, if you are linking to images that mutate form (i.e. mouse-over, gif, etc) please do us the courtesy of informing us that you are using devil-infused voodoo encrusted magic images. At first glance I was amazingly underwhelmed and branded the new work as so much garbage. Then magic time, the image changes and to my horror I found myself forming the words "this looks pretty nice".

So I can carry on now, knowing that I found something, however minuscule, to bitch about. So close to a flawless victory FC! Better luck next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post

First of all, if you are linking to images that mutate form (i.e. mouse-over, gif, etc) please do us the courtesy of informing us that you are using devil-infused voodoo encrusted magic images. At first glance I was amazingly underwhelmed and branded the new work as so much garbage. Then magic time, the image changes and to my horror I found myself forming the words "this looks pretty nice".

Wow, I didn't notice that till you wrote it. I was just like "Well... these images look the same as what's in game but maybe there's something I'm not noticing, like bump mapping or trilinear glamour or something."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    Not even I shall troll you today!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Now at home in a normal PC....

Amazing...

GIMME TEH NEW TIER MESH NAO!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    If Kintaii wrote it, it would have been a skyscraper of text
    Try a book to rival the linux manual

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    That Dreamworld patch to AoC drove 1/2 my org over there from comfortable playing capability to nearly back to the stoneage - this with PC's sporting hardware that came onto the market in 2009 and 2010.
    Still runs at 100 FPS here at max everything when using the DX9 renderpath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Do you promise?? Oh please say you do!
    Lol noob. Don't you know that free accounts let you post on the forum?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Lol noob. Don't you know that free accounts let you post on the forum?
    Apparently only older accounts - new ones are not able to set up forums anymore.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast