Thread: clan ltc's?

clan ltc's?

Do they ever log on? do they exist at all? all I see is fishmen and zawar all the time.
    I've got no connection with fishmen...cept talking bout fat juicy leets and well zawar...its a clanner, not much a clanner can do with it..he's not the kind of guy to have a nice social chat with, without him telling you in every sentence you gotta sign an omni-tek application.

Grz Chaupin.

Sadly I really don't remember the last time I saw a clan LTC log on outside of CoT nights, and I've been playing from 2008. I think I ran into Jaunay like once in Athen around 2 years ago, that was the only glimpse of Red Freedom I've ever seen. It's been like this for a good while, in part because the RP community on clan side is really sleepy. Not much people for the LTCs to interact with, and the lack of LTCs showing up in turn discourages from putting much effort into clan RP operations. Chicken/egg thing.

Well differences between dims not withstanding (sounds like there are more RPing Clanners on RK2).. who says you have to have an LTC to have RP?
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

You don't, but since neutrals and OT both have their own more-or-less active faces, it's only fair to have them for the clan side as well.
    RK1 has clan roleplayers but they've never been very organised or active. Omni side has a disproportionately large RP scene (though it's not much either) with more active players and is very organised. Could be affected by how differently the factions are structured, with clans being more splintered and functioning in their own private groups instead of being under one big umbrella like the OT administration. OT is fundamentally united for a cause as a corporation, clans all have their own views on how things should be handled and they seem to just want to sit down and have a normal life. Some organised conflict could help.
    Last edited by Ixal; Mar 20th, 2011 at 02:00:01.

Quote Originally Posted by StanimirB View Post
    Well differences between dims not withstanding (sounds like there are more RPing Clanners on RK2).. who says you have to have an LTC to have RP?
    You don't really need one but a blue name would help to make some people perhaps a bit more active. For some reason people like talking to a person with a blue name. They know its an ARK, who isnt doing their standard ark business things. It adds an certain excitement level (for me at least it does). And it could potentially make CoT meetings a bit more exciting aswell, to actually do someting instead of just talking about it. (pointing to red freedom here)

I think the real problem is more a lack of event ARKs or event ARKs that want to run LTCs (I kind of don't really see the point in being in events if you don't want to, at lease a few times a month, RP but that's just me). There was a time a few years back when you would see more LTCs out rping in public then players. Now it would seem the LTCs have dropped down to one or two arks playing all the LTCs we see. I'm sure it would be great to see more clan LTCs but really I guess LTCs are going to be created by who ever really wants to play the LTC and of course demand.

I'm going to say a few things and nothing is directed at any one person, so before someone takes offense or feels a need to defend their actions, let me say in advance "screw you for having a guilty conscious".

These are some things I've noticed and learned over the years of *coughs* time wasted *coughs* playing AO and RPing. There are always going to be more neutral LTCs out and about then sided ones. Really pretty easy logic here everyone can RP with a neutral character and go into those neutral zones. Also even if a character is neutral that doesn't mean they won't have ties or knowledge about sided story lines.
    As I said earlier LTCs are going to be demand based if there's not a lot of clanners running about doing clan things, then odds are there is not going to be a lot of clan LTCs. Now before anyone says if there was more LTCs in that faction there would be more RPers, personally I think that's a load of crap. Lets be honest here for the most players in this game do not make their toons based on RP, PvP maybe but not rp. Yeah yeah sure you have the one or two oddballs (I mean that with love) who have a ton of alts all different factions all created for the sole purpose of RP, but those are the rare exceptions.
    So now lets put ourselves in an eventers position. You're thinking of ideas for a character for the sole purpose of RPing, if it was me I would think of things like "hmm which sides have the most active people rping that I can chat with?", "what faction do I feel most comfortable within my knowledge of the storyline playing?", and/or "what ideas do I have for a massive storyline to be centered around this character?". So I would think of these things and go from there. Now if I'm looking around and I don't see a whole lot of clan rpers hanging out and doing their thing I might start looking at the other two sides too see what they are up too. I mean really does hanging out in OA for a few hours being asked "why is your name blue" sound like a roaring good time. Now again before someone says "oh if there was someone in OA hanging out the clan rpers would start to come around more", honestly again that's crap. Here's something I have learned about events, and I don't blame them one bit, I really don't think they have a lot of faith in players. I sure they do in some who have proven they're reliable when it comes to RP and being around for storyline events, but for the most part I think they know as well as I do. A lot of players will blow off events for other game related things. Countless times I've heard from "hard core" rpers "Oh i would love to come and rp but I have to run this raid for my org" or "sorry busy doing BS maybe when I'm done". But yes I agree Rping with blue names can be more exciting, but are you really going to make a character on the chance that just cause you're there someone might stop by or are you going to do something in a place where you know the rpers are there and will be there if you're around or not. Keep in mind ARKs are volunteers and granted as much as they are here to entertain players they also need to have some fun themselves. Asking or expecting people to stand around just for you because you can't seem to work in your character any other way is kind of well selfish and rude, sorry.
    Hmm, well I've stop and started this now so many times I think I may have forgot my original point.
    Oh yeah one thing I did want to point out, most rp in AO is social, it's chatting, it's acting out your character. Now hopefully all this standing around and talking will lead up to something but really that's what it is. So deal with it.

Going back to my earlier point, unless someone has a clear cut story in their head they really want to do whether or not their are those sided players around to support it at first, odds are they're going to go where the players already are. But what's really kind of funny now that I think about it, players expect Event ARK to go to them, but the players don't seem to like to go to the ARKs. What I mean is, it's funny players will complain that ARKs don't have enough of whatever side character, but yet most of those same players would never make a new character just to rp.

Bleh I'm done here. My whole point was really sometimes try to put yourself in ARKs shoes before making a comment about there not being enough LTCs and also keep in mind how many ARKs there are playing LTCs.

There is one option, if there aren't enough LTCs go join ARK and make some more. Just saying.
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    Bleh I'm done here. My whole point was really sometimes try to put yourself in ARKs shoes before making a comment about there not being enough LTCs and also keep in mind how many ARKs there are playing LTCs.

There is one option, if there aren't enough LTCs go join ARK and make some more. Just saying.
    Ok I admit I could have asked in a more nice way for clan ltc's and im sorry for it.

as for the option, I've tried in the past but what stopped me is that when you join Ark you have to do things im totally not interested at, and not good at either. the day ARK events comes up with a separate introducing system for players who don't like to handle petitions the first 6? weeks , will be the day I will fill i that application.

In my understanding LTC arks are well near the highest, top-tier of the organisation and it takes far longer than just 6 weeks of greeting to get there - someone made estimates of 2+ years in ark before you're let near the LTC reins.
    Since FC no longer pays(?) for arks' subscriptions and you're required a paid account to do it, having to shell out 17eur monthly to do customer service for someone is just a complete, utter dealbreaker. Otherwise I would've jumped at the chance long ago.

I'll just say basically that most if not all of your understandings are inaccurate.

But as the LTC team leader, I'll address your comments about the LTC specifically.

A member of the ARK program is allowed to take on an LTC (Long Term Character) shortly after reaching Advisor rank. That level is the one at which they are allowed to do petitions on their own as well, and the base rank for most of ARK. It depends on the time and motivation of the ARK to how long it takes them to reach that level. Some reach it in weeks, others in months.

Now, you might have been thinking of the Legacy Characters. Those are the key storyline characters such as the Legacy Clan leaders, OT-RK Directors, etc.... those do require the ARK be part of the Events Department to run, which does take a little longer than simply reaching Advisor rank, as membership in any of the ARK departments does, but I can guarantee it doesnt take 2 years.

As for the inaccuracies of the ARK program in general, I'll direct you to http://volunteer.funcom.com/Public/ and only state here, that you as a player do not pay for the ARK account your Advisor character, and or any LTC characters you have would be on.
    Last edited by Ninanna; Mar 27th, 2011 at 18:16:40.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

With regard to what Foos said, it's basically a chicken-and-egg situation. If there were more frequent Blues roaming about at various hours, would likely generate a few more ppl interested in RP. If there were more ppl RPing on their own, then Events would likely feel more motivated to hop onto LTC's and interact with them - far more appealing then pretending to not notice all the ppl asking why their names are blue.

I think for now we have to realize the RP here is sleeping, for the most part, and there is little point in expending much energy to boost numbers until the arrival of the engine and concurrent advertising blitz by Funcom. At -that- point, though, both the players and ARK need to be ready to roll out the red carpet and entice new blood into roleplaying.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Hmm I don't know about that Dagget.
    As some have noticed I've not be very active in AO as of late, I guess I'm taking a little break if you will. In the mean time I've been playing other games *gasps*. What I've noticed is there is no ARK Events in these games and ya know what there are RPers, and in some cases lots of them. Good solid rpers (mind you there's also a bunch of crappy ones too) doing their storylines and social character development, and not a "blue name" to be seen anywhere on the servers. I guess it's only AO where it would seem the majority of the player base needs some kind hand holding to go and RP.

Just to throw in and ride Nina's thunder here for a moment. In my many talks with different Event ARKs over the years (which usually goes something like this Me: Hi I've been thinking about joining ARK. ARK: Hmmm, really? You? Hmmm are you sure about that? I mean you've been really thinking about joining ARK? Hmmmm.) Anyway I've told that yes it can take a while depending on commitment to get your own LTC, its' my understanding it doesn't take very long at all to be able to play an ST (ya know the extras in events) and from past posts and comments from the Eventers over some time now that would seem what they really need to be able to do the big events that players love of so much. Again just saying
    I don't PvP becasue my rlpeen is big enough so I don't need to make up for it with my epeen.

"Ahhhhh that was a good dinner. Now it's time to hit the playground and watch the little girls."

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanna View Post
    I'll just say basically that most if not all of your understandings are inaccurate.

But as the LTC team leader, I'll address your comments about the LTC specifically.

A member of the ARK program is allowed to take on an LTC (Long Term Character) shortly after reaching Advisor rank. That level is the one at which they are allowed to do petitions on their own as well, and the base rank for most of ARK. It depends on the time and motivation of the ARK to how long it takes them to reach that level. Some reach it in weeks, others in months.
    This is exactly what I meant by what I don't like about ARK, the part where you need to become advisor that is. Greeting and doing petitions, imo, is a complete different ballgame. I RP way more than that I actually play this game, my knowledge therefor is rather limited. if only there was a alternative route to get to ARK events team....

Quote Originally Posted by Tucxedo View Post
    This is exactly what I meant by what I don't like about ARK, the part where you need to become advisor that is. Greeting and doing petitions, imo, is a complete different ballgame. I RP way more than that I actually play this game, my knowledge therefor is rather limited. if only there was a alternative route to get to ARK events team....
    You can do far more good as a player than you could as an ARK.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    You can do far more good as a player than you could as an ARK.
    I agree.

Waiting for LTCs/ARKs/FC/etc to show up will not get anyone involved in RP. Just do it. Whether you meet any LTCs/ARK players in events or not you'll be having fun.

That's just my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Anamelle; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 18:10:54.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Fishman is about the only LTC that I've had any meanful contact with, but he does rather well. He logs on fairly often, and is easy to interact with. He and Gun have even become "friends", and bounce IC ideas off each other. ((Hey Johann!!)) While I would like to see more LTCs log in, "free style" RP happens fairly regularly. (Even tho my regular RP partner is now a Dark Elf :/ )
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I think a good deal of frustration isn't that there are very few LTC and events. It's that there were a ton before. a good deal or people making the same point here, and its very true:

ARK stories are not the only way to rp.

for me personally when I started AO, I could not go anywhere without some kind of rp going on. I had a huge list of players to rp with. a good deal of old timers that helped denoob me to the storyline, and history. with is awesome at its base alone. never mind the alien attacks, OT special forces trying to take out targets we tried to protect, cities being attacked by mutants... jeez it was wild. that is what made ao shine in my book.

now the rp scene isn't much different then wow or rift.
    Point Blank

I have to say, unlike Kotts and several other old timer RP'rs from AO, I came into AO RP just before the legionnaire bit. Before that, my experiences were with regular players whom I was friends with IRL. We pretty much RP'd the game we saw, and it happened mostly while we LAN'd together.

I gotta say, since that time.. events have sledded into obscurity. That's pretty much a given. It's become clear to me, that certain ARKs have started to really shine in the past while others seemed to maybe fallen off the map. I used to blame people for that, but not so much anymore. On a long enough timeline its much like life. Roleplayers get older, have weddings, kids, life stuff in general. Its not very productive towards a gamers life, but people get it in where they can. Most of the people I roleplayed with are mostly of my own generation, and that is what people my age do. So, with my overabundance of childless free time, the best thing I have found is that to loop in new people whom are passionate about stories. I have mostly forgotten roleplay as a end goal, and focused on a story. Let roleplayers worry about roleplay, and they come along fine on their own without much help.

Specifically, create something and put some effort into the overall arc of it. Then, slowly but surely loop your target audience into said story. For best results, you can always get to know people and their characters if you spend a certain amount of time before hand to see what makes them tick. Hook them on your story drug, and keep it organized and moving at a steady pace. Treat them according to their level of involvement in your story, and don't forget to flash the pan every now and then.

You can totally do this in a character mindset, just as much as a ARK can do it. Mind you, players wont have whiffy ARK powers at their disposal, but if you know your limits and can work inside them.. then literally there is no difference. Its a sign of progress if ARKs are actually in attendance at your own game. No one said that only ARK's have to give stories. Remember, they are here for the same reasons any given roleplayer is here for, they want to be entertained as well!
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Apologies for going back to topic... *wink & grin*

I'm looking at the list of LTC (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...75&postcount=2).

I don't know about Rimor, but Clan LTCs on Atlantean are Clan Legacy Leaders (who can see 2 to 4 of them at the CoT on the last Saturday of the month) and two LTC: Tamya "Sharany" (described as "A meta-physist") and Harnon "Verylon" Sanction (described as "A trader").

Cold, hard numbers.
    Last edited by Xeenah; Apr 8th, 2011 at 14:17:49. Reason: Correct link and names