Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soldier AMS/TMS Balance!!!

Soldier AMS/TMS Balance!!!

What would really balance this game is if soldiers had their defensive procs perk based instead of nano based. Why should advy, enfo, keepers, shades, fixer and ma's all have their defenses tied to perks, but soldiers have to rely on nano skills?

Perk TMS/AMS ftw!!!!

Then soldiers could go notum repulsor and goodbye all you pita traders!!!!!

Balance should be fair, defense should be perk based, soldier love!

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."
    Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

so much froob love in the air..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    so much froob love in the air..
    I was wondering... Afroob soldier w/o TMS...
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I was wondering... Afroob soldier w/o TMS...
    Sorta like an advie without limber/dof/coon/regrowth!

this means agents should have a ch perk too!!!!
    Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Sorta like an advie without limber/dof/coon/regrowth!
    Fr00b advs can survive fr00b content... No tms'd fr00b solja... sometimes dont.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by jutlin View Post
    What would really balance this game

Then soldiers could go notum repulsor
    Funny how soldiers in particular tend to think that good balance involves everyone getting slaughtered by soldiers.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Funny how soldiers in particular tend to think that good balance involves everyone getting slaughtered by soldiers.
    Let's examine that statement and see how many classes that actually do get slaughtered by soldiers.

I can only speak from my own experience ofcourse. I have a 220/70/30 solitus soldier, with phat contracts and towers and I use assault rifle.

Fix
    MA
    Advie
    Engi
    NT

Those are classes that will win every single time if they know what they are doing and have an equal setup.
    So.. no slaughtering here.

Trader
    Agent
    Enf
    Crat
    Shade
    Doc

These classes either have a good chance of tanking the soldier, draining him into uselessness, alphaing him or just plain root and run away.
    Either way, no slaughtering here.

Mp
    Keeper

These classes have a very poor chance vs soldier because they have virtually no cc and they just can't outheal soldier dd. And their run speed isn't exactly stellar either. There are some very good mp's though that can give me a run for my money. But in general IF the fight isn't mobile a good soldier will kill these two classes most of the time.

So. I don't see where you are getting your info from. Soldiers are good in NW blob type of pvp situations or meatgrinder type of battlestatio scenarios. But they certainly aren't the slaughterer of any class. Except maybe a keeper or a non shield mp.

The OP wants to be able to AMS with notum repulsor fully perked and thinks this will bring balance. This is the position you are apparently defending.

Byracka iddqd

It can be a short duration perk.

Froobs can keep the nanos.

I want a perk that reduces reflects by 50% gief plz

I see your reflect reducing perk and raise you a drain reducing perk.

Soldiers suck they need love!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The OP wants to be able to AMS with notum repulsor fully perked and thinks this will bring balance. This is the position you are apparently defending.
    Assuming that was at least partly intended for me, where did I say I was "defending" his idea?
    If you could just be friendly enough to point me to where I do that, then I would be happy to answer your question, Sir.

For the record, I do not support the OP.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

soldiers are awsome, Brah! just learn to play them, and learn to time your toolkit/hurt-matrix right for the easy kills.

and uh, no to original post.

fyi, soldiers are best played in a bully mentality. kick people while they are down, and set yourself up with a barrage or stuns, damage perks, specials and a can of whoopass in case they are still breathing. also, make sure you have your attack rating cranked (more the better) for guaranteed pain delivery. playing like you're Arnold will get you killed. playing like you're Kramer is surprisingly fun and will bring much success in killing those so-called "impossible kills."

cheers
    Last edited by Worldofalts; Mar 23rd, 2011 at 04:26:57.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Assuming that was at least partly intended for me, where did I say I was "defending" his idea?
    If you could just be friendly enough to point me to where I do that, then I would be happy to answer your question, Sir.
    You responded to my post which responded to the OP. You took a view that opposed mine. Granted, what you wrote did not really follow my post very well, however, I do not enjoy it when specific and pointed conversations are blown up into long, open, rambling and pointless arguments which cover a multitude of topics and are guarenteed to lead nowhere. This is why I did not respond to the bulk of your largely irrelevant post, but simply interpreted it as opposing my post, which pointed out how ludicrous the OP was.

Reading my own post here, it seems hostile in tone. That's not my intention.
    Last edited by -Stage-; Mar 23rd, 2011 at 06:10:08.

Byracka iddqd

You responded to my post which responded to the OP. You took a view that opposed mine. Granted, what you wrote did not really follow my post very well, however, I do not enjoy it when specific and pointed conversations are blown up into long, open, rambling and pointless arguments which cover a multitude of topics and are guarenteed to lead nowhere. This is why I did not respond to the bulk of your largely irrelevant post, but simply interpreted it as opposing my post, which pointed out how ludicrous the OP was.

Reading my own post here, it seems hostile in tone. That's not my intention.
    I was responding to you flat out saying that people that play soldiers want to be able to slaughter every class. I'll quote you again:

I then proceeded to give my view and experience playing soldier. Which condensed would be that soldiers work well in true mass pvp situations such as blob NW and in very high population BS.
    But, and there is a big but. We all know that neither happens very frequently. In small skirmish pvp situations or 1 vs 1 ish situations (not talking about duels now) soldiers don't really "own" any class simply because if you can't tank a soldier you can root him and get away long enough to come down when ams/tms is down. Or you can debuff his attack rating into tl5 territory.

Personally I think soldiers are okay now that BR got adjusted. Still unplayable if there are a few engies in bs but hey, it's easy to leave.
    What I'm fed up with is ppl who play advies, engies, nt's and whatnot claiming that soldiers are OP and sooooo easy to play. Soldiers aren't even in the top 5 except for nw/tara and I wish ppl would stop claiming otherwise without giving any base whatsoever to those claims.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Mar 23rd, 2011 at 09:55:46.

Quote Originally Posted by jutlin View Post
    What would really balance this game is if soldiers had their defensive procs perk based instead of nano based. Why should advy, enfo, keepers, shades, fixer and ma's all have their defenses tied to perks, but soldiers have to rely on nano skills?
    Although your post prolly isn't meant to be taken serious I still have to say that except for keepers none of the profs above have ALL their defenses tied to perks. And even keepers need high nanoskills to cast their top defensive auras. So much for this argument.
    Last edited by Scottik; Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:26:20.

I was responding to you flat out saying that people that play soldiers want to be able to slaughter every class.
    how is "what soldiers are doing now" contradiction to "soldiers want to slaughter everyone" ?

2 different things and both can be true at the same time.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast